Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,061 to 7,080 of 27,917

UGXwolf

I think people are getting just a little too snippy up in this thread. On another note, I also think we should stop whining that the 200+ screenshots don't give us a wealth of information when we just got 40 minutes of nothing but Smash info less than ten days ago. Talk about being a little bit too greedy for info. Do you just want to know everything, now, and leave nothing special for the next two to four months before the 3DS version launches? Be grateful you're getting any screen shots. Sneeriously. (And after I just talked about people getting snippy. Lulz. )

But no, seriously, those screen shots are beautiful~

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SCRAPPER392

I prefer the list of screenshots, honestly. I don't look at the website, very often. Also, I can't figure out how to access past screenshots, on the website.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Aviator

UGXwolf wrote:

Be grateful you're getting any screen shots.

I don't want my whole computer to slow down to a crawl because it is trying to load heaps of images. I enjoy the images too, but there has to be a limit. Not everyone has the speeds to view the images without any hassle.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

UGXwolf

Aviator wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Be grateful you're getting any screen shots.

I don't want my whole computer to slow down to a crawl because it is trying to load heaps of images. I enjoy the images too, but there has to be a limit. Not everyone has the speeds to view the images without any hassle.

Allow me to correct the misconception. That particular quote was directed at 2Sang. You're entirely justified in being annoyed about the mass amount of hi-res pics in the thread. The only part of that post directed at you in any form was the "people are getting snippy" part. You could at least try to be a little less rude about it, but your argument is entirely solid.

Nintendaholic

Blast wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Sorry guys. It was all my fault. I promise to never, ever, do it again. Period.

I guess there are other ways to show appreciation for those beautiful screenshots, but it sounds like pretty much everyone doesn't care.

You're one of the coolest and smartest people on the site. You're fine

This. I have always looked up to DestinyMan as the leader of this forum.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

DefHalan

@DestinyMan
I wonder of Retro helped out with his fur. I remember hearing they put a lot into his fur in Tropical Freeze

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

19Robb92

Can barely call that "fur". It's just some bland flat texture.

I wish RETRO would have helped out with the fur in SSB, it look amazing in Tropical Freeze.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Kewlan

19Robb92 wrote:

Can barely call that "fur". It's just some bland flat texture.

I wish RETRO would have helped out with the fur in SSB, it look amazing in Tropical Freeze.

But then the game would take minutes to load :/

I love this:
Untitled

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

But then the game would take minutes to load :/

Why? It shouldn't be that demanding.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

@MrWalkieTalkie Didn't Sakurai say something about not adding character from other fighting games? I could see them reusing the remix from Tekken, but not much more, really.

MrWalkieTalkie

UGXwolf wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie Didn't Sakurai say something about not adding character from other fighting games? I could see them reusing the remix from Tekken, but not much more, really.

Well, yeah, that's why I didn't say any Tekken characters (because honestly I don't want any) but music is definitely a lot more likely to be put in Smash Bros than actual fighters. I mean they have Galaga and the Special Flag in Smash, so I don't see how some music from Namco games would be an issue.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

2Sang

Jazzer94 wrote:

@MrWalkieTalkie I'm Hoping for this personally.

Seriously, the day snoop dogg danced with a gummy bear was the day hip hop died. Eminem can fit all the words he wants in rap god, but there's no curing what snoop did to rap. Went from gang rap to gummy bear/video game rap.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

RR529

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Well, yeah, that's why I didn't say any Tekken characters (because honestly I don't want any) but music is definitely a lot more likely to be put in Smash Bros than actual fighters. I mean they have Galaga and the Special Flag in Smash, so I don't see how some music from Namco games would be an issue.

Yeah, while there probably won't be any characters from fighting games, references to those series are very likely.

There's already a Soulcalibur reference, as the Wii U version of Final Destination is designed to look like the contrast between Soul Calibur & Soul Edge (half of the arena's underside has the bright blue crystals of Soul Calibur, while the other side has Soul Edge's red jagged design). It's easier to see in one of the Gamexplain analysis videos for the game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

UGXwolf

Oh, yeah. Expect references to everything from Namco on a Nintendo system. Especially in the trophies.

Kewlan

If Reggie doesn't make it in, which he HOPEFULLY WILL... I hope there's some readied body reference!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC