Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 7,021 to 7,040 of 27,917

ShadJV

Just an FYI, you linked to whatever the most recent vgcats comic is; when he updates, that link will not go to the Smash related comic you intend (though who knows if he will update in a timely fashion but it's worth keeping that in mind).

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=334 <-That should link to the correct comic for anyone clicking this on a later date.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

FriedSquid

Dunno if anyone else has said this, but I've realized that there almost has to be synchronization with the 3DS/Wii U versions for the roster. We know the rosters will both be the same, so if I unlock a character in the 3DS version, I shouldn't have to do it again after the Wii U version comes out, right? Making your rosters the same for both versions just seems obvious.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LzWinky

They will be the same, but the unlocking will probably not synchronize

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Henmii

I am a bit late to the party, but I'll say it anyway: The new Zero suit Samus looks HOTOTOT!

Henmii

2Sang

Unca_Lz wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Squid wrote:

No offense, but I find it ironic that people want Ganondorf to use his sword this time. I want him to as well, but what I find ironic is that this would make him a sword-wielder, and when someone like Chrom is brought up people say that there are too many sword-wielders.

The sword-wielder argument is invalid. There's only Meta knight, link, toon link, marth, Pit, and Ike. I don't care if there's 20 sword fighters personally, as long as none are clones cough*toon link*cough. All sword fighters with a single exception are unique. I'd much rather have Chrom than Frogger and I chose him as my starter pokemon for x.

Toon Link is not a clone.

How is toon link not a clone? He has the same exact final smash, almost identical specials, almost identical smash attacks, a similar tether recovery, and the same aerial attacks. Only thing that makes toon link really different is his speed.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Yeah I'm gonna go go ahead and say Toon is basically a clone. His attacks are basically the same, just controls slightly different.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Tsuchinoko

Is it safe for me to say i think Toon Link is the better version? I love his speed, his size, and his taunts. He also did gave one original combo that was fairly strong that i used to spam. It was a forward slash with the third hit being powerful. I hope he has a new, unique final smash.

And on New Pork City, i love that stage! The flying limo, the breakable bridge, the ultimate chimera, all fun. And the background had so much detail. Also even people who had never played Mother 3 have to admit Porkeys theme is epic.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

19Robb92

Squid wrote:

Dunno if anyone else has said this, but I've realized that there almost has to be synchronization with the 3DS/Wii U versions for the roster. We know the rosters will both be the same, so if I unlock a character in the 3DS version, I shouldn't have to do it again after the Wii U version comes out, right? Making your rosters the same for both versions just seems obvious.

I doubt it'll work like that. The games will feature different modes so characters should feature different ways of being unlocked in each version of the game.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MegaStoneSmash91

2Sang wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Squid wrote:

No offense, but I find it ironic that people want Ganondorf to use his sword this time. I want him to as well, but what I find ironic is that this would make him a sword-wielder, and when someone like Chrom is brought up people say that there are too many sword-wielders.

The sword-wielder argument is invalid. There's only Meta knight, link, toon link, marth, Pit, and Ike. I don't care if there's 20 sword fighters personally, as long as none are clones cough*toon link*cough. All sword fighters with a single exception are unique. I'd much rather have Chrom than Frogger and I chose him as my starter pokemon for x.

Toon Link is not a clone.

How is toon link not a clone? He has the same exact final smash, almost identical specials, almost identical smash attacks, a similar tether recovery, and the same aerial attacks. Only thing that makes toon link really different is his speed.

Same Final Smash.....so far. I can't imagine he'd have the same one as Link this time around, especially with a few characters already having new and better Final Smashes. His smash attacks are similar, but they each work a bit differently than Link's. The first strike of his side smash does no knockback, unlike Link's. This feature was carried over from Young Link. His up smash is one powerful hit instead of three weak ones. His down smash, while identical in appearance to Link's, does not operate the same way. With Link, each swing of his sword does it's own knockback. Toon Link's first swing knocks the opponent into the second swing, which causes proper knockback. Toon Link only shares 2 aerial attacks with Link, and one of them doesn't have quite the same function. Due to Toon Link's tiny feet, his neutral and backward aerials use his sword instead of kicking attacks. And his more nimble movement skills and overall swiftness make sense considering his smaller size, and even that can make a lot of difference. Speed, along with weight, power, and other factors, help make up how a character plays.

Also, if people are still picking on Toon Link for being a clone, he sure has a lot more going for him than Young Link.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

19Robb92

Toon Link is definitely a clone. He is just a smaller Link with a speed difference. I personally like him better than Link though. I really hope they try to differentiate the clone characters a lot more this time around. Their Final Smashes should at the very least be different. Same goes for all the StarFox characters.

It's a shame they're not giving Toon Link his own move-set though IMO. There were quite a lot of interesting items in Wind Waker they could use to make him play differently from Link.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tsuchinoko

All i know Is i mained Zelda, with Toon Link and Lucas, and Diddy Kong being my alternates. There is so much about the character of Toon Link that makes him unique from the other variations of the character, so im hoping for them to implement that into his Smash appearance, even just a unique final smash.

MegaStoneSmash91

Yeah, he's a clone, but there's still reasons to keep him around. I like his moveset the way it is, but I wouldn't be against some changes. Giving him some of his unique items to use would be good. His sword attacks are fine, but his special moves and his grab could be changed to represent him more. But as I said, I still like him a lot even with no changes.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

No one's arguing to replace Toon Link, I don't think. We're just pointing out that none of us can fathom how he's apparently not a clone? He essentially is Link, which a sacrifice of range for speed. Since he doesn't even get weaker, and most of his attacks that are any different are actually better than Link's, he's what I consider a bad clone. He makes the original Link obsolete. For reference, I consider Fox/Wolf and Ness/Lucas to be good clones. Clones that have subtle differences that actually go a long way to change the way you play the characters. I've never been afraid of Ness, but Lucas scares the bejezus out of me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

Wario, wolf, Meta knight, MG&W, ganondorf, mewtwo, ness, and captain falcon are likely characters to return for the next smash. I don't want Jigglypuff in the next one even though it is an original.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

The frustrating thing is that toon link has the capabilities to have a REALLY cool moveset. His weapons from the Minish cap and WW could really bring some cool ideas, but it seems he's still going to be a clone.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Randomname19

2Sang wrote:

The frustrating thing is that toon link has the capabilities to have a REALLY cool moveset. His weapons from the Minish cap and WW could really bring some cool ideas, but it seems he's still going to be a clone.

This also applies to Ganondorf and,to a lesser extent,Luigi.Luigi can shoot thunders from his hands in the first Mario & Luigi(wich got just re-released on the Wii U virtual console) but He still shoots fireballs like Mario.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

2Sang wrote:

I don't know about that. We may see some changes, yet. Nothing substantial, but a new move here and a different animation with some massive re-balancing could really do him some good.

Also, yeah, that pretty much hits the nail on the head about why Toon Link being a clone is lame. It'd be luke if they kept Ganondorf as he was in Brawl and added Toon Ganondorf and made him a C. Falcon clone, too.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Adam

The only way I could see Jigglypuff not included is if Sakurai finally realized he is disproportionately awesome compared to the rest of the roster and decided to give him his own game, Super Jigglypuff Bros: Puff Uprising.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kewlan

Henmii wrote:

I am a bit late to the party, but I'll say it anyway: The new Zero suit Samus looks HOTOTOT!

That's my man!

Wouldn't it make sense that you could sync the save data between the two? They obviously want you to buy both versions, since they have their differences, so that would be a major convenience. Maybe Nintendo will reveal cloud storage/cloud saving at the same time? Probably not though, that's just wishful thinking...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tsuchinoko

The sad thing is even though he's somewhat similar, Lucas has his own unique moveset. His PK Freeze and up smash are pretty awesome. I've never heard an argument for Toon Link to be removed or replaced though, and rightly so, the character is amazing, just wish he was a bit different.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic