Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 701 to 720 of 8,193

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

701. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

One of the things I hope is changed is that you can listen to different soundtracks regardless of what menu you are on like Kid Icarus: Uprising did. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could listen to something other then the gallery theme while looking at trophies in Brawl...

Speaking of trophies, I wonder how things will change with them. Will we collect them slot machine style like Melee/KI:U, a mini game like Brawl's, or a method entirely different? Perhaps it will also depend of the console version. It'd be cool if they are animated (again, a la KI:U).

Your soundtrack idea is phenomenal and I certainly hope this is the case. Even if it's only usable in the trophy gallery. Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

702. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

One of the things I hope is changed is that you can listen to different soundtracks regardless of what menu you are on like Kid Icarus: Uprising did. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could listen to something other then the gallery theme while looking at trophies in Brawl...

Speaking of trophies, I wonder how things will change with them. Will we collect them slot machine style like Melee/KI:U, a mini game like Brawl's, or a method entirely different? Perhaps it will also depend of the console version. It'd be cool if they are animated (again, a la KI:U).

Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Yeah, now that you mention it that would be very impractical. Maybe if it was just the playable character trophies that would be animated then?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

703. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Yeah, now that you mention it that would be very impractical. Maybe if it was just the playable character trophies that would be animated then?

That would make more sense (and be awesome).

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Orngeblu

704. Posted:

One thing that I'd love to see is being able to edit music. I've modded my Brawl before, and always loved replacing certain music with music that I liked, or I thought would fit that stage/make the fight feel more awesome. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd LOVE a feature like this.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

705. Posted:

I imagine they'll keep the music menu from Brawl where you would increase or decrease the odds of a track playing, which I liked.

I would also enjoy the return of stickers with much more customization for the sticker album. More designs and bigger sizes of albums for more stickers would be welcome. They can just about expand everything from Brawl, really.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

706. Posted:

What I'd also like to see is that music in Brawl can be placed on other stages. For example, Frozen Hillside doesn't belong in the Halberd.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

CM30

707. Posted:

One thing that I'd love to see is being able to edit music. I've modded my Brawl before, and always loved replacing certain music with music that I liked, or I thought would fit that stage/make the fight feel more awesome. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd LOVE a feature like this.

Agreed. I love replacing music in Brawl with hacks myself, and I'd be even happier if I could just do this without modifying the game. Especially if it could be set up to read MP3 files...

What I'd also like to see is that music in Brawl can be placed on other stages. For example, Frozen Hillside doesn't belong in the Halberd.

That too. We should definitely at least be able to play any included in game track on any stage.

We should also be able to make stage builder levels have a variety of themes that are played at random/based on your music settings, like what exists with the pre made levels.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Prof3ssorMGW

708. Posted:

Being able to play any song on any stage from the game (like TTT2) is good enough for me.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage

supered91

709. Posted:

anyone think that maxwell from scribblenauts might be a character

supered91

AuthorMessage

Prof3ssorMGW

710. Posted:

I doubt it. He would be a cool assist trophy though, or maybe make some kind of appearance in the adventure mode.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage

supered91

711. Posted:

heres my ssb4 list
10.rayman
9.lil mac
8.mega man (classic or x)
7.maxwell (scribblenauts)
6.paper mario
5.tempo (harmoknight)
4.pacman
3.bomberman
2.mii
1.magnus (kid icarus uprising

supered91

AuthorMessage

supered91

712. Posted:

btw maxwell could punch summon random objects,think about sackboy in lbp he could just slap but they gave him more abilities in playstation all stars,
they could do the same for maxwell

supered91

AuthorMessage

Captain_Bagel

713. Posted:

Remember when the Meat Boy creators were being all immature about it coming to Nintendo platforms, saying they would only if he was in SSB? I have the solution!
1. Make Commander Video a third-party character. After all, he got his start on the Wii, and all of his games are available on Nintendo consoles.
2. If CV is a fighter, he would have to have his own stage.
3. Put Meat Boy in the background of said stage, since he's part of CV's courageous contingent of charismatic compatriots.
The result? Commander Video as a playable character, AND Super Meat Boy for Nintendo platforms! YAY LOOPHOLES!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Keithmc
My alt account: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage

Captain_Bagel

714. Posted:

Also, I think Marx would be a good choice for a playable character. His attacks could involve his ball, kicking, and maybe dark magic of some kind. His final smash, of course, would be transforming into his demonic form.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

715. Posted:

I just thought of something, what if color powers (Sonic Colors) were items in SSB U and 3D. Cyan Laser, Purple Frenzy, and more.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

716. Posted:

@Musterd Lol, Commander Video is the best. :D

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

Captain_Bagel

717. Posted:

@Happy_Mask And Runner 2 gave him more than enough costume options!
Also, I just realized that the stickers from Sticker Star are almost guaranteed to appear as stickers. Or maybe even items! Ex. If you pick up a Jump sticker, you can cause damage with jumps for a limited amount of time or something.

AuthorMessage

supered91

718. Posted:

i think there should be double smashes (team attacks) and some team tourneys that would be so cool,btw marx's final smash should be that mouth kamehameha

supered91

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

719. Posted:

I remember reading this one guy's idea on a different site:

There would be 2 final smashes for each character. The first would be acquired by getting a standard Smash Ball, and the second (more powerful) one would be acquired by a much more rare Smash Ball.

I always thought this was a good idea.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

720. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I remember reading this one guy's idea on a different site:

There would be 2 final smashes for each character. The first would be acquired by getting a standard Smash Ball, and the second (more powerful) one would be acquired by a much more rare Smash Ball.

I always thought this was a good idea.

I myself have pondered the idea of two FSs per character, only instead of separate Smash Balls the chance of using either attack is random (or there could be certain factors that could dictate the odds, such damage percentage).

On a separate note, I really hope Luigi gets to use the Poltergeist in the new game(s), like Mario's F.L.U.D.D. only more integrated into the moveset. Possibilites could be charging then using the flashlight to stun opponents (think DK's Giant Punch only with a Deku Nut effect), blowing enemies away (again like F.L.U.D.D. only with wind), and maybe shooting out a ghost as a projectile, which could be randomized between several types, like a Greenie and Slammer for example, for different damage and/or effects.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64