Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,921 to 6,940 of 27,917

afro_insomniac

I think Toon Ganondorf would be badass. He is so cool looking, one of my favorite forms of him in the series.

afro_insomniac

Pit-Stain

Hmm... That kinds of reminds me of Ike's side special.

Pit-Stain

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Lucas (I said that and hit post, assuming immediately that you meant him being pretty much US only, and wanted to point out that Lucas was Japan only, but then I realized that you might have been talking about him essentially having no powers, which is a fairly valid point.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Lucas (I said that and hit post, assuming immediately that you meant him being pretty much US only, and wanted to point out that Lucas was Japan only, but then I realized that you might have been talking about him essentially having no powers, which is a fairly valid point.)

Im not sure i know what you're referring to. I didn't say anything about Lucas. Of coure i know about Lucas. Im one of the few NL users living in Japan, and am a huge Mother 3 fan. He does have powers! Haha

I know nothing of Captain N and Nester, and they are known in the States, and they're obscure there at best im guessing

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

DreamyViridi

Greninja's Side-Special reminds me of Meta Knight's Down-Special, the Dimensional Cape I think it's called.
Maybe it'll be like that only with more freedom of choice on where to move.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

Greninja's Side-Special seems like a modified version of Sheiks disappearing move with more freedom and no potential punish.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Ok, then, my comment was dead-on. I was saying "Lucas" to combat your point out Captain N. Lucas is hardly known outside of Japan, but anyone in the US (that's old enough to remember) knows Captain N (apparently). @__@ My point is, Captain N being US exclusive shouldn't keep him out of the game, when Lucas is in. Being a bit too old for most fans to remember is also less of an issue, considering Game & Watch and Color TV Game-15 (which, by the way, was also Japan-only) are both in Smash, somewhere. The only valid argument I could see for exclusion is that he's a TV show/cartoon character, and not a video game character, which I would accept as valid reason to not expect him. And I don't expect him. I'm merely stating that given the nature of the show and the character, himself, I could see him being a very great "out-of-the-blue" character, ESPECIALLY for overseas players, who may have only vicariously known about him, in the first place, if even that.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Ok, then, my comment was dead-on. I was saying "Lucas" to combat your point out Captain N. Lucas is hardly known outside of Japan, but anyone in the US (that's old enough to remember) knows Captain N (apparently). @__@ My point is, Captain N being US exclusive shouldn't keep him out of the game, when Lucas is in. Being a bit too old for most fans to remember is also less of an issue, considering Game & Watch and Color TV Game-15 (which, by the way, was also Japan-only) are both in Smash, somewhere. The only valid argument I could see for exclusion is that he's a TV show/cartoon character, and not a video game character, which I would accept as valid reason to not expect him. And I don't expect him. I'm merely stating that given the nature of the show and the character, himself, I could see him being a very great "out-of-the-blue" character, ESPECIALLY for overseas players, who may have only vicariously known about him, in the first place, if even that.

So, hes a character who never appeared in a video game? Whereas Lucas appeared in a game, part of a series, that was one of the top selling games of that year in Japan. Would you say that non US residents who have heard of Captain N or Nester outnumber non Japanese residents who have heard of Lucas, or Mother 3?

And let me just end with, i respect your opinion, and i did research that Star Tropics guy, as well as Captain N and Nester, and they dont seem that deep or interesting to me. Then again I'm biased! This is coming from someone who found Mother 2 and 3 very moving on an emotional level, and just downright fun.
Im not trying to say I'm the authority on obscure game characters, but they dont seem to be in the same league to me.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko As I said, Captain N is more of an unlikely "I think this would be cool" pick. And before Brawl? Yeah, I'd say the numbers of citizens outside of those regions that knew about said characters was probably about even.

Anyways, it's a non-issue. Sakurai will add who he wants, anyways. Rules may as well not exist. If he all of a sudden decides he wants Goku in, he just has to ask Namco Bandai to get him the rights. (It's a bit of an extreme example, but you get my point, I hope.)

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf You're not really taking into consideration the fact that Sakurai favors obscure Japanese characters and hasn't ever put in an obscure western character (aside form trophy's).

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

@UGXwolf You're not really taking into consideration the fact that Sakurai favors obscure Japanese characters and hasn't ever put in an obscure western character (aside form trophy's).

Actually, I am. I'm also taking into consideration that Little Mac's inclusion means he's paying attention to the West, this time around. All I'm saying is that Captain N is possible--not likely--and would be a very interesting inclusion, as well as a great throwback for older fans in the US.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Actually, I am. I'm also taking into consideration that Little Mac's inclusion means he's paying attention to the West, this time around. All I'm saying is that Captain N is possible--not likely--and would be a very interesting inclusion, as well as a great throwback for older fans in the US.

Punch Out was released in Japan and I wouldn't really consider it obscure.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Again, that isn't really the point. Little Mac's on a whole other level than Captain N. I'm by no means comparing the two, but Little Mac wasn't really considered likely in Japan, from the looks of all those comments, but people were practically begging for him in the US.

Like I said (what is this, the third or fourth time I've said it?) This isn't an "oh, this character's a sure thing" comment. This is an "oh, this character would be really cool" comment, mixed with a little bit of "he's not impossible."

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Again, that isn't really the point. Little Mac's on a whole other level than Captain N. I'm by no means comparing the two, but Little Mac wasn't really considered likely in Japan, from the looks of all those comments, but people were practically begging for him in the US.

Like I said (what is this, the third or fourth time I've said it?) This isn't an "oh, this character's a sure thing" comment. This is an "oh, this character would be really cool" comment, mixed with a little bit of "he's not impossible."

From what ive heard about the character, i actually want Shulk in the game.

Snagrio

Tsuchinoko wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

From what ive heard about the character, i actually want Shulk in the game.

Ah yes. Shulk is my number 2 pick for most wanted newcomer. Some Xenoblade representation would be most excellent.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Eel

WaveBoy wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

The characters look exactly the same in the 3DS as they do in the WiiU to me.

Just with some shaders and outlines.

Untitled

Man, the difference is night and day. the 3DS is pushing Braw-like visuals with superior shaders & lighting, while SSB U is busting out the Next NintenPower.

That's more or less what I said.

Anyway, again, that was an answer for someone who said the 3DS game looked like were just reusing Melee's graphics.

I just happened to post it after the page switched.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Orngeblu

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!"

I want. To play. Greninja. NOW!!

I'm starting to love him even more, the more I think about him. I think he'll be my go-to character. :3

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

Orngeblu wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's a very, very new fighter in the upcoming Smash games, Greninja. Greninja's sophisticated moves are extremely fun to use once you get used to how it controls!"

I want. To play. Greninja. NOW!!

Get Pokemon X or Y then.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

cookiex

The fact that the Wii U version looks better by the day makes the extra wait for it even harder.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic