Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,901 to 6,920 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

I hope there will be a Monster Hunter stage (seems unlikely). I feel as though MH has found a special place by Nintendo s side. Also it would be fun to have ratholos as a boss.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Joeynator3000

Man, Yoshi did look creepy back on Melee. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Everything looked dark-saturated and plasticky in Melee.

Then dull and brown in Brawl.

I'm glad this one will be colorful.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shirma_Akayaku

Okay, so I have a question that will also be on the 3DS thread.
Let's predict how the controls will work on the game. I'll try to map out how the Wii U Gamepad controls might work.

Untitled Left Analog Stick | Move
Untitled | Standard Attack
Untitled | Special Move
Untitled Right Analog Stick | Stick-smash/Smash Attack
Untitled/Untitled | Jump
Untitled/Untitled | Grab
Untitled/Untitled | Shield
Untitled | Taunts (maybe 4 for each direction?)
Untitled | Pause
Untitled | (None)

I'll assume that there will be customization for controls.

3DS Controls

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Kewlan

If that were it, I'd instantly rebind it to A/B > Jump, X > Regular, Y > Special

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

WaveBoy wrote:

...too detailed to the point where Sakurai seemed like he was trying to make them look real. .

I think that's actually what he was going for at the time. I agree that the art style of this game is much better. More colourful.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

@DreamyViridi Kinda. (on air-dodging) While you still dodge in place, in Brawl, air dodging made you free fall until you hit the ground. In this game, however, it seems you can air dodge multiple times in one jump and even perform a recovery move afterwards. That single clip has been so helpful in working out the game's new mechanics.

@DestinyMan Dixie doesn't strikr me as similar to Diddy in any way other than stature. I feel Sakurai could easily make het a unique character. As it stands, thougg, I think K. Rool is more likely to be playable and Dixie might be an Assist, whicg is cool, too. Honestly, DK has been in dire need of more rep for quite some time, now. It's one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, yet it's getting out-paced by Kirby and even Star Fox. That said, that representation doesn't have to be playable or even a character. I just feel lije the Smash series has been missing out big time on the DK feel.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DreamyViridi

UGXwolf wrote:

@DreamyViridi Kinda. (on air-dodging) While you still dodge in place, in Brawl, air dodging made you free fall until you hit the ground. In this game, however, it seems you can air dodge multiple times in one jump and even perform a recovery move afterwards. That single clip has been so helpful in working out the game's new mechanics.

It was Melee's Air-Dodging that made you free-fall helplessly. Brawl let you air-dodge multiple times and allowed free movement after air-dodging as it followed jump momentum. Looks like this game takes from Brawl's Air Dodging mechanic rather than Melee's.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Henmii

My favorite Super smash brothers is Melee! Because it was a massive leap from the original: Not only did it look miles better, but it had also much, much more content (more characters, trophy's)!

Brawl however was more of the same! Of course it had even more content, but graphical the leap was small! And the upcoming Wii one is again a small leap, though it is noticable! As for the 3DS one: I can't shake the impression that it looks bad, graphically! As if they did cut out some Melee character models and pasted them into the 3DS game! It just feels off!

Brawl did have big load-times, wich was bad (and I fear the same will be the case with the upcoming Wii u one), but to its defence it was the first one that had radical music remixes! In the first one the music was very similar to the featured games (Mario, Zelda, etc). In Melee they went a bit further. But in Brawl they really went out, and to be honest I needed some time to get used to it! But now I love it!

Henmii

kkslider5552000

Moorpheel wrote:

The characters look exactly the same in the 3DS as they do in the WiiU to me.

Just with some shaders and outlines.

Er...yes...no?

I mean the designs are the same but the difference in technical quality is pretty apparent?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tsuchinoko

Henmii wrote:

My favorite Super smash brothers is Melee! Because it was a massive leap from the original: Not only did it look miles better, but it had also much, much more content (more characters, trophy's)!

Brawl however was more of the same! Of course it had even more content, but graphical the leap was small! And the upcoming Wii one is again a small leap, though it is noticable! As for the 3DS one: I can't shake the impression that it looks bad, graphically! As if they did cut out some Melee character models and pasted them into the 3DS game! It just feels off!

Brawl did have big load-times, wich was bad (and I fear the same will be the case with the upcoming Wii u one), but to its defence it was the first one that had radical music remixes! In the first one the music was very similar to the featured games (Mario, Zelda, etc). In Melee they went a bit further. But in Brawl they really went out, and to be honest I needed some time to get used to it! But now I love it!

That was a lot of exclamation points.

Also, do you really think that the graphical leap from melee to brawl was small? I mean, we could get into a discussion about the low polygons and cart-based graphics as opposed to CD in the 64 game, and so sure, it would look like a smaller leap, but then if you compare the Gamecube and Wii, dont a lot of games ? At least compared to their 64 counterparts.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Shirma_Akayaku

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Eel

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

The characters look exactly the same in the 3DS as they do in the WiiU to me.

Just with some shaders and outlines.

Er...yes...no?

I mean the designs are the same but the difference in technical quality is pretty apparent?

@kkslider5552000: That was meant to the person before me who said:

"The characters on the 3DS look like they're just reusing the models from melee"

Or something like that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

UGXwolf

@Rosalina I'm watching and commenting on that, right now. I'll post my comment here, once I finish it.

EDIT: Here's my comment:

"SON I AM DISAPPOINT!!! You took all that time to talk about Pac-man, but didn't even once mention the Tales series, when the director of the Tales games was specifically chosen by Sakurai to help with Smash Bros. Tekken Tag Team, Soul Calibur devs, people from Ridge Racer, and some of Mobile Suit Gundam's team were brought in to represent the best Namco could afford to hand Sakurai for Smash 4. Lloyd Irving or Cless from Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Phantasia, respectively, are both good potential characters, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THAT THE SMASH BROS. FIGHTING SYSTEM IS HIGHLY REMINISCENT OF THAT OF TALES OF PHANTASIA ON THE SNES! Even Symphonia has a very similar fighting system, albeit on a three-dimensional plain.

Beyond this, your predictions are spot-on all the way up UNTIL... Ness and Lucas. I see no reason to think either of these characters will be cut. Toon Link is still here, and over in Japan, Mother 3 outranks Mother 2 in popularity, making Lucas more iconic. IN FACT! Lucas was originally going to REPLACE Ness as the sole Mother rep, and it was decided against due to him having no real representation in the US and Europe.

Then comes the FE characters. Once again, I see no reason to think that Ike will be cut. He's not even that much like Marth, which was the main reason Roy was cut, in the first place, and having that heavy swordsman fighting style in the game is a blast. Why get rid of a good thing? I agree, he's more likely than most to get cut, but I think you vastly over-estimate how many characters are going to be cut, here.

Hold up. Slow your roll! Ganondorf is a series staple. Getting rid of him would be just as bad as losing any of the original four unlockables. It would be met with tons of backlash, and Ghirahim or Demise replacing him would be considered one of the worst ideas Sakurai has had since tripping. Now maybe there will be a sixth Zelda character. I doubt it, but it's by no means impossible.

I would like to point out that "because he's a clone" is a terrible reason, considering Toon Link is still in the game.

I'm still saying "no" to Ridley, but I'm willing to point out that Sakurai is a 10th level master troll. Palutena, on the other hand, I've been sure of ever since I picked up Kid Icarus, last year.

I don't think kritters are there because DK's there, since they also have Tiki enemies. Why wouldn't they just stick with the Tikis?

Yeah, no, I see no reason to think Nester is in this game, either, but for that reason, alone, I think he's very possible.

If Ghirahim is in, so is Mewtwo. That's all I've got to say about this.

I agree with the notion that Bandana Dee is now possible. I don't think he's as unlikely as we give him credit for. Had it been a generic Waddle Dee, I would laugh in their face, but I think there's a decent chance for him.

I really don't want Miis. I really, really REALLY don't want Miis. I can't serve any good reasons for him to not be here, but I REALLY don't want Miis to be playable. Almost as much as I don't want Pac-Man or Toad playable.

I don't see a reason for ROB to be cut, but I also can't see any reason for him to return, either. It's one of those "if Sakurai likes him" things, cause I can't see many people raising a fuss, either way.

Metaknight will lose his glide, but he'll be very interesting. I agree. He's coming back.

Falco's practically guaranteed to return. Wolf really SHOULD return. Wolf isn't at all clone-y, and I know people will argue this, but as a Wolf main, I can vouch that playing Fox is NOTHING like playing Wolf. His melees are completely different, and his specials serve an entirely different purpose. I have a full-scale rant for this one. I don't see a cut in SF's future. I also don't think Krystal has a big enough Japanese fan base to get in beyond a cameo or assist.

Ivysaur and Squirtle are probably done. I can think of six more deserving Poke'mon. The roster is already full.

Jiggs is one of those six. Jiggs is a perfect attendee. A lot of players would be upset, if she didn't return. I expect that the fact we haven't seen her, yet, is either proof she's unlockable, or proof that she's getting Fairy-based moves.

Game & Watch is probably coming back. He's too unique, and already a staple of the series. Getting rid of him would be beyond shameful.

Kojima stated that he doesn't know if Snake is going to be in this game. This either means we're being trolled, or more likely, he's been cut. I don't think we're getting him back, despite his uniqueness and fan base in the Smash install.

Isaac hasn't been shown as an assist, yet, so there's always that chance. I know he can have a move set, as he essentially had one, already.

Shulk seemed like such a sure thing, before, but the more I see, the less I feel like he's joining.

Captain N would be incredible. I think he actually has a shot, but I don't know if Smash will allow him. Then again. ROB.

Simon Belmont has been one of my favorites for inclusion, but I see no reason for them to consider him.

No comment on Stunt Race FX."

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Randomname19

Rosalina wrote:

Why,when discussing about the chances of Ganondorf coming back,nobody thinks about Toon Ganondorf from Wind Waker HD?

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Eel

It's funny how they propose Captain N and that redhead kid as possible newcomers, when in reality these characters hold no meaning or importance at all outside of the United States.

Even more, when you consider they say they don't want to play as Miis because they are too plain and then go on to talk about how awesome would it be to play as those two normal looking humans.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tsuchinoko

Randomname19 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Why,when discussing about the chances of Ganondorf coming back,nobody thinks about Toon Ganondorf from Wind Waker HD?

I would love Toon Ganondorf, thats the best one!

@ugxwolf no i didnt forget about you. I agree with nearly everything you said. I have issue with Captain N for the same reason Nester would be an issue.

Tsuchinoko

Moorpheel wrote:

It's funny how they propose Captain N and that redhead kid as possible newcomers, when in reality these characters hold no meaning or importance at all outside of the United States.

Exactly

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic