Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,881 to 6,900 of 27,917

Blast

Nintendo6400 wrote:

How many characters do you guys think will be in this smash? 47 is my guess (hope)

Its gonna be big but not too big.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SuperPokefan95

Nintendo6400 wrote:

How many characters do you guys think will be in this smash? 47 is my guess (hope)

Well Brawl had 34 so I'd say about 40 - 42 characters.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

OdnetninAges

SuperPokefan95 wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Well Brawl had 34 so I'd say about 40 - 42 characters.

I hope so. I think Sakurai said something about not wanting to increase the number of playable characters too much from Brawl, though.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

UGXwolf

@OdnetninAges Sakurai said he didn't want to go adding characters "willy nilly." What this implies isn't that he didn't want the roster to increase by too much, but that he wanted the added characters to make sense, and not feel random.

@SuperPokefan95 What is the deal with seemingly everyone being unaware of the actual roster sizes? @__@ For everyone's reference: Smash 64 had 12 characters. Melee had 25 character slots, with Sheik making an arguable 26th. Brawl had 35 characters slots, with Sheik, ZSS, Squirtle, and Ivysaur making the full roster 39.

As for this game, I expect about 42-ish. Or I did. Then we found out that tfs now get their own slot, so I'm throwing that number up to 45, to accommodate for Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Dixie, all of whom I expected to see as transformations of other characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Eel

Excuse me, but unless there's some creepy Psycho thing going on with Diddy Kong, why did you expect Dixie Kong to be a transformation?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

UGXwolf

Moorpheel wrote:

Excuse me, but unless there's some creepy Psycho thing going on with Diddy Kong, why did you expect Dixie Kong to be a transformation?

Have you ever played Donkey Kong Country 2? While it's technincally a tag team, and not a tf, it would still act exactly like a tf.

SuperPokefan95

UGXwolf wrote:

@OdnetninAges Sakurai said he didn't want to go adding characters "willy nilly." What this implies isn't that he didn't want the roster to increase by too much, but that he wanted the added characters to make sense, and not feel random.

@SuperPokefan95 What is the deal with seemingly everyone being unaware of the actual roster sizes? @__@ For everyone's reference: Smash 64 had 12 characters. Melee had 25 character slots, with Sheik making an arguable 26th. Brawl had 35 characters slots, with Sheik, ZSS, Squirtle, and Ivysaur making the full roster 39.

As for this game, I expect about 42-ish. Or I did. Then we found out that tfs now get their own slot, so I'm throwing that number up to 45, to accommodate for Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Dixie, all of whom I expected to see as transformations of other characters.

Sorry about that, I don't count their transformations as separate characters but if you do then yeah it is 39 fighters. From what we've seen from the next Smash Bros. there are 29 characters so far. I'd assume that a good majority of veterans will return from Brawl but I feel like Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake, R.O.B., or Ike will return. So that is a total of 34 veterans and 6 newcomers so yeah I'd say that we'd see a 45 character roster.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

Eel

UGXwolf wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

Have you ever played Donkey Kong Country 2? While it's technincally a tag team, and not a tf, it would still act exactly like a tf.

Fair enough.

Even then, though, Smash Bros games usually focus on the previous generation. Since DKC2 is way older than that and Diddy Kong is already an stablished character in the series, the chances of them adding that mechanic to him were already pretty much non-existent even before they announced there won't be transformations any more.

They could still add her, though. Was she playable in DK Returns?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SCRAPPER392

I think it will be from 45 to 50.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DreamyViridi

Moorpheel wrote:

They could still add her, though. Was she playable in DK Returns?

No, but she was in Tropical Freeze.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

Brawl technically had 39, right? There are currently 29 characters confirmed, and there are quite a few veterans and newcomers "missing".
I think it's safe to say that SSB4 will have more characters than previous versions. I believe and I hope it will have around 45 to 50 too.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

One of my favorite Smash moments is when I realized just how powerful Diddy Kong's bananas were during 4 man free for all.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@Moorpheel No, it was just DK and Diddy in Returns, but Tropical Freeze was recent enough, so she's not out of the question.

Either way, I'm not suggesting entirely that she's in. Just adding another number to my assumed size prediction because of the removal of transformations. I honestly wouldn't want much more than 45, anyways. Any more than that would start to get a little ridiculous.

Randomname19

Toad160 wrote:

I'm interested to know how many of you will be taking a break from online discussions in Smash Bros. once this game comes out.

When the Wii U version gets released I'll probably take a break to avoid spoilers(If Sakurai doesn't spoil everything first like he did with a whole segment of the direct dedicated to the Yellow Devil)

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

DreamyViridi

@WaveBoy - Hate to break it to you, but this game follows Brawl's air dodging mechanic, which I personally prefer but yeah. You can see it in that one scene with Mario, Sonic and the Blue Shell. At least the gameplay does seem quicker than Brawl if that makes you feel any better.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

WaveBoy wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@WaveBoy - Hate to break it to you, but this game follows Brawl's air dodging mechanic, which I personally prefer but yeah. You can see it in that one scene with Mario, Sonic and the Blue Shell. At least the gameplay does seem quicker than Brawl if that makes you feel any better.

The fact that Mega Man and Little Mac have made the roster has me jumping up and down like a sailor moon school girl. I've heard it's speedier, but not quite as speedy as Melee. Sakurai mentioned before that he was trying to strike a balance between the two. It's an improvement nonetheless. But yeah, wave dashing was an issue in brawl....But it just felt so great getting that extra bit of air when performing an air dash, being able to swoop forward, backwards, upwards, or downards when fighting against somebody was just too awesome for words. it made the experience feel a lot more technical. Removing this is just a bone head move on his part....

I mean at least give us on option that says 'Ninja Swooping multi-drectional Anime-matrix wave dashing' ON/OFF.

I was also hoping for toad to finally get the seperate character treatmeant and that Starfy would of made it in....Alas' he's an assist trophy, but it makes sense. He's not exactly the most popular starfish outside of japan.

WART from SMB2 USA hallafame is my most wanted nintendo character right now, along with Mike Jones(StarTropics) & Birdo.....I'd love to see Mouser , King Hippo and Fry Guy also make it in as assist trophies!

Untitled

You...sure do seem to feel strongly about that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Jazzer94

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Its nice to see visually how far we've come though I do prefer Fox's previous designs more then the cartoony look.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Randomname19

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

I like how the characters names went to top,then bottom,then top again and finally bottom again

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Kewlan

Do you guys think the game will have those kind of icons for character selection?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic