Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 27,917

Bolt_Strike

I'd be very disappointed if they don't reference the greatest ending to a main series game ever written by making N's Castle a stage (complete with Reshiram and Zekrom showing up to wreak havoc in the stage).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

FriedSquid

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'd be very disappointed if they don't reference the greatest ending to a main series game ever written by making N's Castle a stage (complete with Reshiram and Zekrom showing up to wreak havoc in the stage).

That would be really awesome, but I'm hoping they would just show the Pokemon Stadium 3 already.

@Retro_on_theGo: That would be a good idea. I've realized that once I've gotten used to the 3DS stages, I'll probably quickly find my favorite and then not be able to play it on the Wii U version! Hopefully there would be some exchange between them, but we'll see...

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Bolt_Strike

Squid wrote:

That would be really awesome, but I'm hoping they would just show the Pokemon Stadium 3 already.

I don't think they'd do a Stadium 3, since there is no Stadium 3 game and it'd be too much of a copout. And I'd rather see an actual stage representing 5th gen than a generic one. Maybe if Stadium 3 is Wii U exclusive I could see it, but otherwise no.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Squid wrote:

I don't think they'd do a Stadium 3, since there is no Stadium 3 game and it'd be too much of a copout. And I'd rather see an actual stage representing 5th gen than a generic one. Maybe if Stadium 3 is Wii U exclusive I could see it, but otherwise no.

Should they call it Battle Revolution instead?
Untitled

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

@Retro_on_theGo You do realize that no one ever said the 3DS stages would be exclusively from handheld titles. People always get this mixed up and wind up looking way too into it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Squid wrote:

Um, I don't think there was ever any direct connection between the games and the stages. Pokemon Stadium was just a general name given to the stages.

I also don't think we'll see a Gen 5 stage rep, as there's usually only a stage of the most recent generation (Poke Floats in Melee, Spear Pillar in Brawl, and now the Kalos Elite Four/Prism Tower) since there was no Gen 3 stage in Brawl. Gen 5 is pretty much redundant now that Gen 6 is out.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

ShadJV

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I saw some discussion that a possible way the connectivity between the two versions will work will be exchanging the exclusive stages, which is why there's melee stages and other home console games that never appeared on 3DS in the screenshots. I'd like that.
And I really just hope Snake returns.

I think that'd be cool, but how feasible is it? They already had to cut the content to 2 songs per stage to fit everything on the 3DS cart. I mean, I suppose it can save it to the system, but it seems like a lot of data to transfer. Though honestly, I've no idea the data sizes of it all so perhaps I shouldn't even be bringing it up.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Bolt_Strike

Squid wrote:

I also don't think we'll see a Gen 5 stage rep, as there's usually only a stage of the most recent generation (Poke Floats in Melee, Spear Pillar in Brawl, and now the Kalos Elite Four/Prism Tower) since there was no Gen 3 stage in Brawl. Gen 5 is pretty much redundant now that Gen 6 is out.

Two things:

1. Poke Floats does not represent 2nd gen in any significant way (as a matter of fact, the stage's location is "Kanto Skies"), it doesn't represent any location in the actual games. It's just a generic stage comprised of balloon Pokemon.
2. Even if that pattern was true, they could make an exception in this case. BW1's ending was drastically different from the main games, and was quite popular with the fanbase. I think it's worth referencing.

Bolt_Strike

RR529

@Squid, @Bolt_Strike, @DefHalan, in the Gamexplain analysis video of the Greninja reveal trailer, they point out a few scenes that take place in a stage not previously mentioned, appearing to be a moving platform that travels throughout the rooms of the Elite Four (of Pokémon X/Y), which will probably serve as this game's Pokémon stage.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

RR529 wrote:

@Squid, @Bolt_Strike, @DefHalan, in the Gamexplain analysis video of the Greninja reveal trailer, they point out a few scenes that take place in a stage not previously mentioned, appearing to be a moving platform that travels throughout the rooms of the Elite Four (of Pokémon X/Y), which will probably serve as this game's Pokémon stage.

I was more addressing @Bolt_Strike concern with naming the next stage Pokemon Stadium 3. I do wonder how that Elite 4 room is going to work, should be interesting

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Eel

The Elite Four palace from X and Y and will probably serve as the pokemon stadium from this smash.

That doesn't mean we won't see more Pokemon Stages.

"Poketopia at Night" would make a really great one. After all, Battle Revolution comes with the added honor of being the very first Wii game with online.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

RR529

I know this is a double post, but on the topic of alternate skins/costumes, I'd like to see:

Link (Dark Link) - Yeah, I know it's been done before, and it's quite literally just a pallet swap, but as Dark Link is an actual character in the Zelda series, it works.

Pit (Dark Pit) - Yeah, it's just another pallet swap, but it's another one that would both be appreciated because it makes sense, and would be easy to implement.

Toon Link (Train conductor outfit) - This one would be a bit tougher as it's actually a costume change, but hey, there is a Spirit Tracks stage in the 3DS version.

Mario (Dr. Mario) - Just neat fanservice.

Zero Suit Samus (Super Metroid attire) - What Samus wore at the end of Super Metroid.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

Dark Pit was created in Brawl (along with Pit's modern appearance).

There's now way he won't return as an alternate color for Pit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kewlan

So about Mewtwo...
Do people here want him? I watched a few reaction videos on the direct and everyone was looking forward to Mewtwo. I don't see why, but maybe that's because I never played that much Melee, therefor not much Mewtwo either.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DreamyViridi

Kewlan wrote:

So about Mewtwo...
Do people here want him? I watched a few reaction videos on the direct and everyone was looking forward to Mewtwo. I don't see why, but maybe that's because I never played that much Melee, therefor not much Mewtwo either.

The Mewtwo matter is a mixed opinion; some want him, others don't mind his absence.
If you care to hear my opinion, I frankly don't care for him anymore. All he seems to have going right now is nostalgia. Mewtwo himself is a cool character but many agree that he sucked as a fighter in Melee. I don't need or want him back since we already have Lucario who fights a bit like him but overall does a better job. Simply put, Mewtwo is old news and old news bores me.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Dreamy This. Also, I'm getting sick of seeing pokemon. I want someone new.

Im uh, kind of this opinion, only because I've never played a Pokemon game. Then again I'm a huge fan of the Mother series and i dont want Ness or Lucas to go away so it's all about opinion eh?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic