Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 681 to 700 of 27,917

ItsFuzzyPickles

Sparkz wrote:

I'd definitely like to see Waluigi get in on the new SSB game. Hopefully, Sheik will stay in the roster as Zelda's companion/alternate.

I'm sure that Sheik will return to be part of Zelda. There really isn't any reason to not keep them together.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Sparkz

astarisborn94 wrote:

Sparkz wrote:

I'd definitely like to see Waluigi get in on the new SSB game. Hopefully, Sheik will stay in the roster as Zelda's companion/alternate.

I'm sure that Sheik will return to be part of Zelda. There really isn't any reason to not keep them together.

Yeah, you're probably right.

My Game of Choice? Super Smash Bros!

Prof3ssorMGW

@Orngeblu

Lol @ the name thing. XD I've entered about 12 tournaments within the past 5 years for Brawl (not a lot since it was like 2-3 in one year). I always place above half the entrants though, so like in a 32 man tourney I'm always around 12th-8th place, although i've placed better at times. I'm an Oli main myself, a pretty good char but I think people give him too much "respect" when fighting him. Hopefully he won't be as annoying to you guys ijn the next smash.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

Prof3ssorMGW

@Orngeblu

I definitely agree, many people try to crap on Brawl. While Melee definitely takes more skill, Brawl is still quite competitive for reasons you've already stated and more. I'm ready to move on though, hopefully SSB4 surpasses both Melee and Brawl.

Snagrio

One of the things I hope is changed is that you can listen to different soundtracks regardless of what menu you are on like Kid Icarus: Uprising did. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could listen to something other then the gallery theme while looking at trophies in Brawl...

Speaking of trophies, I wonder how things will change with them. Will we collect them slot machine style like Melee/KI:U, a mini game like Brawl's, or a method entirely different? Perhaps it will also depend of the console version. It'd be cool if they are animated (again, a la KI:U).

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Captain_Balko

WingedFish wrote:

One of the things I hope is changed is that you can listen to different soundtracks regardless of what menu you are on like Kid Icarus: Uprising did. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could listen to something other then the gallery theme while looking at trophies in Brawl...

Speaking of trophies, I wonder how things will change with them. Will we collect them slot machine style like Melee/KI:U, a mini game like Brawl's, or a method entirely different? Perhaps it will also depend of the console version. It'd be cool if they are animated (again, a la KI:U).

Your soundtrack idea is phenomenal and I certainly hope this is the case. Even if it's only usable in the trophy gallery. Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Captain_Balko

Snagrio

Captain_Balko wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Yeah, now that you mention it that would be very impractical. Maybe if it was just the playable character trophies that would be animated then?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Captain_Balko

WingedFish wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Personally, though, animating the trophies would seem out of character (for the game, since the trophies are usually inanimate) and would be a lot of needless work (in Kid Icarus, all of the trophies were already based on animations in the game - in Smash Bros., about 70% of the trophies don't appear anywhere throughout the game).

Yeah, now that you mention it that would be very impractical. Maybe if it was just the playable character trophies that would be animated then?

That would make more sense (and be awesome).

Captain_Balko

Orngeblu

One thing that I'd love to see is being able to edit music. I've modded my Brawl before, and always loved replacing certain music with music that I liked, or I thought would fit that stage/make the fight feel more awesome. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd LOVE a feature like this.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

ItsFuzzyPickles

What I'd also like to see is that music in Brawl can be placed on other stages. For example, Frozen Hillside doesn't belong in the Halberd.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

CM30

One thing that I'd love to see is being able to edit music. I've modded my Brawl before, and always loved replacing certain music with music that I liked, or I thought would fit that stage/make the fight feel more awesome. I doubt it'll happen, but I'd LOVE a feature like this.

Agreed. I love replacing music in Brawl with hacks myself, and I'd be even happier if I could just do this without modifying the game. Especially if it could be set up to read MP3 files...

What I'd also like to see is that music in Brawl can be placed on other stages. For example, Frozen Hillside doesn't belong in the Halberd.

That too. We should definitely at least be able to play any included in game track on any stage.

We should also be able to make stage builder levels have a variety of themes that are played at random/based on your music settings, like what exists with the pre made levels.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Prof3ssorMGW

Being able to play any song on any stage from the game (like TTT2) is good enough for me.

supered91

anyone think that maxwell from scribblenauts might be a character

supered91

Prof3ssorMGW

I doubt it. He would be a cool assist trophy though, or maybe make some kind of appearance in the adventure mode.

supered91

heres my ssb4 list
10.rayman
9.lil mac
8.mega man (classic or x)
7.maxwell (scribblenauts)
6.paper mario
5.tempo (harmoknight)
4.pacman
3.bomberman
2.mii
1.magnus (kid icarus uprising

supered91

supered91

btw maxwell could punch summon random objects,think about sackboy in lbp he could just slap but they gave him more abilities in playstation all stars,
they could do the same for maxwell

supered91

Ketchupcat

Remember when the Meat Boy creators were being all immature about it coming to Nintendo platforms, saying they would only if he was in SSB? I have the solution!
1. Make Commander Video a third-party character. After all, he got his start on the Wii, and all of his games are available on Nintendo consoles.
2. If CV is a fighter, he would have to have his own stage.
3. Put Meat Boy in the background of said stage, since he's part of CV's courageous contingent of charismatic compatriots.
The result? Commander Video as a playable character, AND Super Meat Boy for Nintendo platforms! YAY LOOPHOLES!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

Ketchupcat

Also, I think Marx would be a good choice for a playable character. His attacks could involve his ball, kicking, and maybe dark magic of some kind. His final smash, of course, would be transforming into his demonic form.

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5371-3115 | Nintendo Network ID: keithmc2

FireMario887

I just thought of something, what if color powers (Sonic Colors) were items in SSB U and 3D. Cyan Laser, Purple Frenzy, and more.

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic