Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 19,032

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Big_L91

681. Posted:

man if banjo kazooie was a character i would play as them all the time

put it on.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zoroarkrules25

682. Posted:

True, just add portable to the 3ds version and I'd be fine with the titles.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof3ssorMGW

683. Posted:

Some info already gathered on SSB4. -> http://thewiiu.com/topic/12316-what-we-know-about-the-next-sm...

Once this game comes out, all the speculation crap will be over. I wanna see some skilled players online, although I expect many to suck at the game, only good for speculation.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

684. Posted:

I think with the new Sonic partnership, Sonic making it in the roster is almost guaranteed.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

685. Posted:

LK9T9 wrote:

Some info already gathered on SSB4. -> http://thewiiu.com/topic/12316-what-we-know-about-the-next-sm...

Once this game comes out, all the speculation crap will be over. I wanna see some skilled players online, although I expect many to suck at the game, only good for speculation.

It's probably going to be similar to Brawl again, and this kind of worries me because I am getting into Project: M now. I've tried Brawl again recently, and oooh was I rusty. Although I could probably unrust within a few hours, but still too lazy and want to stick with Project: M and avoid rusting myself there. My point is, when Smash 4 comes out, I'm gonna be doing somewhat bad until I get used to the feel again. (assuming it mill be floaty)

But I can't wait to get in there and beat up some newbies! >:I I'm gonna pioneer that game! I can tell you though, I am a very worthy opponent at smash. But yeah, the transition is gonna be tough for a while.

I'm most excited for character balance, so I won't be limited to some characters if someone is using Meta Knight. The game obviously won't be perfectly balanced. There will most definitely be a top tier of course. One that rules over them all, regardless of how marginally small the power of that character is, players will flock to it to win. But, I think I'll feel better it's much more balanced because I used to play on Basic Brawl a lot, and some Meta Knight's just spammed Dsmash most of the time, and it worked. I later learned how to stop that, but it can still be frustrating to play some people like that. A lot of people turn Meta Knight when they're having a hard time. So, say I could go Mario and not have to worry too much about X character being top tier because the characters are much more balanced.

@Webhead

I hope they make a better color selection for Sonic...the only big changes were the rings on his hand, and sometimes only changed his skin darker. I like how in Project: M you can choose a green sonic, and a red sonic. It's pretty cool to play with those colors.

[quote=3DSonicPizzaHD]

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

3. Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster well.

I HAAAAAAAAATE it when people spout crap like this. Why wouldn't he fit? Is it because you think he can't fight? Because Toad has fought in the Mario games beforehand. It can't be his asthetic/design. Don't just say "he can't fit." Explain why you think he "can't fit."

It's really hard to explain, but I feel the same way. I don't think Toad really fits in this violence, but you're probably going to give me the "Peach and Zelda don't fit the violence either" stuff, which isn't true really. I can't explain why, though. When I think of toad, I think of a citizen of the Mario universe, I guess I should say. I don't usually see any toads fighting, unless they're desperate to help Mario or something. Not that they should be almost any time.

How about you explain to me how toad will work just fine? Regardless of him "fighting in other mario titles". (which I don't recall AT ALL.)

Especially the people who want Goku, I don't think he fits in smash either, and it's not because he doesn't fit the violence, he definitely does.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

686. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

I think with the new Sonic partnership, Sonic making it in the roster is almost guaranteed.

Not sure where people get that the partnership makes Sonic more likely. We don't know if this partnership means anything; especially since Sakurai has the final words on third-parties.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

687. Posted:

Little Mac, Mega Man, Starfy, Simon Belmont, King Hippo(In my Don Flaminco dreams!), Baby Ridley, Bill Rizer from Contra fame & Medussa pwetty pwease? And here's hoping they bring back Melee's Air dodging, which you could also control in any direction in mid-air aside from the dodging itself actually LASTING, to the point where you could swoop over your oppenents head. It bumped up the skill factor by a mile... unlike Brawl's 'sink to the ground' uncontrollable garbage. :p

I for one never abused or even used the wave dashing technique in Melee, so i was at a loss as to why they completely nerfed the air dodging in Brawl. Now, If Brawl had Melee's Air Dodging mechanics, a worth while 'Targets' mode designed for each characters abilities like in Melee's, a more compelling Sub Space Mode, Better online with next to no lag instead of the lag riddled mess we got, along with Wolf and Falco getting their own super smash powers instead of reusing the Landmaster two more times, and a few more interesting secret characters instead of the time being wasted creating that useless sticker mode it would of been more impressive, as is it's still a great game but a teeny bit dissapointing.

With that out of the way, I'm just as excited as you guys for the big(ahh who am i kidding, it's going to be a tiny teaser trailer) E3 reveal!
Not quite as much as the new Wii U 3D Mario, but pretty darn close. They really need to do something special and unique for the 4th entry instead of doing another predictable..."Add in more characters, more weapons, improved online, more stages, better graphics, HD, more modes ect ect" We need a gameplay overhaul, something that completely shakes things up.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

688. Posted:

Those suggestions are not bad. New characters is a big one with possibilities of fighters like, Waluigi, Ridley, Giharim, etc. A better story mode is an essential feature too. Speech and text would be fine features to the game. More power-ups is also a great idea. I thought of few suggestions for items: The ice beam (Meroid), the wind-thing (Zelda), the raccoon leaf (Mario), a barrel (Donkey Kong), etc. I would also like new courses, such as, the bottle ship (Metroid), Eldin Volcano (Zelda), Water World (Mario), Planet Wisp (Sonic), etc. I can't wait to see the new features and updated Brawl features for this new Super Smash Bros.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof3ssorMGW

689. Posted:

@Omgeblu

No doubt, Meta Knight is clearly a much better character than the rest of the cast. However w/ Namco on board, I think the balancing will be pretty good. But yeah man, gonna be spanking noobs allll day on day one lol. Once I pick my main (which will probably be a captain from Pikmin or Marth) I'll start playing good people. Can't wait for SSB4 tournies!

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof3ssorMGW

690. Posted:

@WaveBoy

I'm pretty sure there were (and still are) alot more people who use wavedashing than non-users. Considering wavedashing is used by most players especially at tournaments is probably a reason why. A lot of people complained about Melee being "too hard" as well, so as far as difficulty is concerned, hopefully it'll be between Brawl and Melee.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

691. Posted:

LK9T9 wrote:

@Omgeblu

No doubt, Meta Knight is clearly a much better character than the rest of the cast. However w/ Namco on board, I think the balancing will be pretty good. But yeah man, gonna be spanking noobs allll day on day one lol. Once I pick my main (which will probably be a captain from Pikmin or Marth) I'll start playing good people. Can't wait for SSB4 tournies!

"@Omgeblu"
Omg, you didn't. >:C DON'T EVER CALL ME OMGEBLU, IT'S O R N G E B L U. (But lol, it's funny when I get this from people. Happens rarely, but it's funny. xD)

I don't think Meta Knight is too bad, in my opinion. Though he definitely is a tough character to fight if you don't know how to deal with him, and it depends on what character you use and if the Meta Knight is a good one or not. I play as Pit, and the match up is apparently -2 for Pit, so it goes in Meta Knights favor. I don't really believe this to be true because the Meta Knight's I last fought, I did pretty well. I wonder though, was it really a good Meta Knight? Did they not know how to abuse pit? Did Wi-Fi make it easier on me? Regardless, those matches weren't too bad. Though for other characters, it'd probably be a lot harder. I personally think you should just adapt. Same goes for Ice Climbers, and I'm talking about those infinite Chain Grabbers. One grab could easily take 1 stock from you.

Personally, Olimar is the hardest character for me to fight...HE'S SO ANNOYING. He can camp for short periods each time by throwing Pikmin, which can rack up damage very fast. The hardest thing is approaching. Also, his smash attacks are like a wall, and either unpunishable or just very hard to punish if he makes the mistake of Fsmashing my shield. He could just send another if I decide to punish it, regardless of if he knows I'm going to take my shield off. Anyways, he's very annoying to approach. I think it's best to get him in the air and punish him there, because I believe his air game is pretty bad. Grabbing him won't be easy though. Also his edge game is pretty punishable, so I should learn to take his stock off that whenever I get the chance. Marth is probaby best for punishing him in the air, also. If Olimar gets cut from the next Smash, I won't really care. I hate fighting Olimars.

I can't wait for the tournaments as well. I never really wanted to play online tournaments on Wi-Fi because I'd most likely run into someone with a bad connection, and I'd hate to lose because of that. Regardless, a lagless online plus a new Miiverse tournament feature is gonna be awesome. I can just imagine joining those tournaments and winning a lot of them. My reason thinking I'll possibly be winning a lot is because I don't expect many good players from the Miiverse community. Though I'll probably run into a good player once in a while. But you'll definitely see me playing those tournaments a lot, regardless of win or loss.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Orngeblu

692. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

TL;DR

I think I need to do this in another post. Anyways:

Sakurai is focusing more on balancing the character roster rather than adding new characters. That doesn't mean we won't get any new ones, but he thinks this is more important for the game this time around, and he'll think about characters last.

About the wave dashing, it allows you to change direction very quickly, create space between you and your opponent, and when mixed with dash dancing keeps your opponent guessing. You can also use this to cancel onto platforms for even more mix ups. Sakurai was not interested in the competitive scene, so he tried to tone this down in Brawl.

Also, to be honest I don't care if it's the same damn game as long as I get better online. (Ok, not really, but I am definitely desperate for a better online experience.)

We will most likely get a game similar to Brawl. Brawl definitely reinvented itself, though with the "final smashes". When I first picked up the game, I was like: "oh my god this is going to be EPIC". Though it's not like that anymore. Never used in competitive play as it marginalizes player skill. (Though it depends on what character you're using, because some Final Smashes are underpowered or overpowered.) It's pretty hard to say what they could do next for the game. We'll eventually run out of options and each game will be pretty much the same.

@LK9T9:

"A lot of people complained about Melee being "too hard" as well, so as far as difficulty is concerned, hopefully it'll be between Brawl and Melee."

Yeah, I've played Project: M so I got a feel of what competitive melee is like. It's pretty tough. Though, me being a seasoned player, I got a head start pretty much. It takes a lot of practice to mix dash dancing with wave dashing. Using it accurately, and at a fast pace requires a lot of practice. Although I don't think it's necessary to do this all the time, or even at all for a match, but it can help a lot if you use it correctly.

Also L-canceling every attack when you hit the ground takes a lot of practice as well. Having only practiced it a few days, I'm like 60-70% accurate on L-cancels, and that's only with one character also. (Mario) Melee is pretty fast paced, and if you're not a well seasoned player, you're going to have a bad time learning these mechanics.

Brawl is very easy to jump into immediately. It's very easy to grasp these mechanics. Though this doesn't make it any less competitive than Melee. This makes it so in Brawl, you need to get better in these aspects: Reading, baiting, spacing (which is present in Melee and fighting games in general), etc. There are also some advanced techniques like DACUS you could use to your advantage, and grab release chain grabs/set ups. (Like for instance Yoshi can chain grab Meta Knight by grab releasing him and going for another grab. Marth can grab release Meta Knight at the edge and if timed correctly, Dair spike him for a KO. Sheik can grab release Meta Knight for a buffered DACUS)

A lot of people think Brawl is too slow, floaty, and that makes it "less competitive". But I disagree. Brawl is actually very complicated. When you're a high level player, things get a lot more complicated. The difference between a high level and a top player is mostly tech skill and DI. If you take Reflex (his Brawl tag) for example, he DI's almost every hit. This is really hard to do, I don't DI any hits unless it's a multi-hit move say Pikachu's Dsmash, and it's a lot easier to react to. You can Smash DI out of that easily so it doesn't KO me, or I get less damage.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

693. Posted:

900 votes on HeyLolita polls for Melee Veterans and newcomers.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sparkz

694. Posted:

I'd definitely like to see Waluigi get in on the new SSB game. Hopefully, Sheik will stay in the roster as Zelda's companion/alternate.

My Game of Choice? Super Smash Bros!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

695. Posted:

Sparkz wrote:

I'd definitely like to see Waluigi get in on the new SSB game. Hopefully, Sheik will stay in the roster as Zelda's companion/alternate.

I'm sure that Sheik will return to be part of Zelda. There really isn't any reason to not keep them together.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sparkz

696. Posted:

astarisborn94 wrote:

Sparkz wrote:

I'd definitely like to see Waluigi get in on the new SSB game. Hopefully, Sheik will stay in the roster as Zelda's companion/alternate.

I'm sure that Sheik will return to be part of Zelda. There really isn't any reason to not keep them together.

Yeah, you're probably right.

My Game of Choice? Super Smash Bros!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof3ssorMGW

697. Posted:

@Orngeblu

Lol @ the name thing. XD I've entered about 12 tournaments within the past 5 years for Brawl (not a lot since it was like 2-3 in one year). I always place above half the entrants though, so like in a 32 man tourney I'm always around 12th-8th place, although i've placed better at times. I'm an Oli main myself, a pretty good char but I think people give him too much "respect" when fighting him. Hopefully he won't be as annoying to you guys ijn the next smash.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Prof3ssorMGW

698. Posted:

@Orngeblu

I definitely agree, many people try to crap on Brawl. While Melee definitely takes more skill, Brawl is still quite competitive for reasons you've already stated and more. I'm ready to move on though, hopefully SSB4 surpasses both Melee and Brawl.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

699. Posted:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc274/The-eebit/klumpkrush...

Klump for SSB Wii U/3DS!

Obvious joke, but imagine him reptilian man-jugs in HD...LOL XD!

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

700. Posted:

One of the things I hope is changed is that you can listen to different soundtracks regardless of what menu you are on like Kid Icarus: Uprising did. I can't tell you how many times I wished I could listen to something other then the gallery theme while looking at trophies in Brawl...

Speaking of trophies, I wonder how things will change with them. Will we collect them slot machine style like Melee/KI:U, a mini game like Brawl's, or a method entirely different? Perhaps it will also depend of the console version. It'd be cool if they are animated (again, a la KI:U).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64