Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,701 to 6,720 of 27,917

Eel

The fact that both games will feature the same characters doesn't mean the WiiU won't have new characters when it comes out.

It's just as simple as time locking the characters on the 3DS or adding later them with an update.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SomeBitTripFan

Untitled
Can I just say that that plushie is the most amazingly detailed object in Super Smash Bros 4?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

OdnetninAges

Moorpheel wrote:

The fact that both games will feature the same characters doesn't mean the WiiU won't have new characters when it comes out.

It's just as simple as time locking the characters on the 3DS or adding later them with an update.

I thought about the same possibility.
It'd definitely be interesting if that was what they decided to do.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

NinjaWaddleDee

See, you guys kind of know what I mean. I just want to gather my non-nintendo fanboy friends, and have a great time on launch day, without feeling meh towards the wii u version. I'll wait until after E3 to make my decision I guess. Still though, I wish I could play smash bros. with my girlfriend on the tv sooner rather than later. I remember that my Brawl launch day party was AMAZING.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

And I definitely don't want the 3ds version delayed either. I was hoping for a simultaneous launch but oh well

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Shirma_Akayaku

Unca_Lz wrote:

@Rosalina: I don't understand the griping. If this was the finished product, then it would be justified

Griping? I was originally pointing this out to people who wanted the Wii U version released first instead of the 3DS. I know it's still in the works, but what I take from this is improvement. I can only see it getting better as time passes by. I'm not complaining (at least I don't think I am), but I just want to point out these little details to others to see that the game still needs to be worked on. But hey, I'm excited for the 3DS version coming first. Are you?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Henmii

So if I am correct these are all the characters revealed so far:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Rosalina
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Samus
Zero suit Samus
Starfox
Kirby
Meta knight
King Dedede
Sonic
Little Mac
Pikachu
Charizard
Greninja
Lucario
Villager
Wii fit trainer
Megaman
Marth
Yoshi
Pit
Captain Olimar

So that means 30 characters: 24 returning and 6 new! Since Brawl had 35 characters there are 5 to go! Everyone after that will be a bonus!

I still think that Ganondorf, Ness, Ice-climbers and Mister Game and Watch will return! But I would also like Rob and Wario, and Captain Falcon is a must!!

Henmii

MercifulLemon7

@Hnimii I don't think meta knight was ever announced.

I know the world renown martial art Shaq Foo
was TheKungFuMaster got demoted to Batchu then evolve to MercifulLemon7
I come back and make my mark and dispear again.

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7194-1590 | Nintendo Network ID: MercifulLemon7 | Twitter:

LzWinky

I also don't think he ever said there will be 35 characters either

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Here are some of my predictions on the roster....
Palutena will join
Ice Climbers are still in
ROB is still in
Captain Falco is still in
Lucina/Chrom will join
Wonder Red and/or Bayonetta will be in the game in some form.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

He said it wouldn't be over 50 but that doesn't mean there will be 50. I'm thinking a total of 10 to 15 newcomers will join; at least I hope.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DefHalan

I posted this in another thread but figured I would put it here too

DefHalan wrote:

I think if Ike is cut then Ganondorf should adopt his moveset. It would make Ganondorf different as well as give Ike players a similar character. I think it just makes a lot of sense. But if Ike is cut then Chrome or another Fire Emblem character should come in.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nintendo6400

There were 18 newcomers (including charizard, squrtle, and ivy) so 10 to 15 sounds doable. Unless the 3ds holds it back. I kinda hope they have dlc characters.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

Did anyone just see Greninja on @midnight? Anyone watch that show anyways? It's on comedy central and will re-air a few more times today. They were discussing smash bros. for about 30 seconds.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

ShadJV

Moorpheel wrote:

That IS true, and it's not that I haven't considered that, I just feel like Nintendo won't go for those options. They COULD, and by all means I'd love for them to prove me wrong, I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Nintendo6400 wrote:

There were 18 newcomers (including charizard, squrtle, and ivy) so 10 to 15 sounds doable. Unless the 3ds holds it back. I kinda hope they have dlc characters.

I will love Nintendo forever if they do this. Not saying an insane amount of it or anything, but a few new characters and levels a year would make the game continually feel new, the time between entries is always unbearable! I'd pay a few bucks for a new character and Nintendo could use the opportunity to promote future games! Once again, though, I don't wanna get my hopes up.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Tsuchinoko

Im sorry, im not really all about the ladies so much, but i think Z Samus and her new look are awesome. And hey, if its fan service for some thats cool.

She looks way better than in Other M

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

I find it funny how a little while back I was talking about how I consider transformations separate characters and now they have become just that separate characters and people were telling me that I shouldn't count the roster that way.

OT: ZS Samus's new moveset looks interesting I might actually use her, I was also thinking we should have two tournaments when the games release one for 3DS and one for Wii U anyone up for that idea?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

NinjaWaddleDee

Zero suit Samus is looking great! I really like what they've done with her face redesign. She's looking less like an extension of armored Samus, and more like her own character.

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

I find it funny how a little while back I was talking about how I consider transformations separate characters and now they have become just that separate characters and people were telling me that I shouldn't count the roster that way.

OT: ZS Samus's new moveset looks interesting I might actually use her, I was also thinking we should have two tournaments when the games release one for 3DS and one for Wii U anyone up for that idea?

I would be totally down for it, but i live in Japan. I think its separated by region. I don't think I can participate.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I would be totally down for it, but i live in Japan. I think its separated by region. I don't think I can participate.

Depends if we do a for fun or for glory styled tournament, if its for glory I'll assume that we'll be doing 1 vs 1 matches so would just make a bracket here: http://challonge.com/ and people will just arrange their matches with each or if we do for fun it will probably be tricky what with everyone being in different time zones.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic