Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,681 to 6,700 of 27,917

JCnator

After seeing yesterday's Nintendo Direct, I've been worrying about dropout reporting of the Code of Conduct. There are odds that I end up playing with some player from a very distant country via online matches and the Internet Connection would eventually break up while both of ours Internet Connections still work fine. Problem is, if the matchmaking often yields the same guy and he decides to report me, I'd end up being banned for no reason. That is, unless the actual matchmaking is strictly set to regional.
I say that, because there are certain countries where their Internet isn't performing quite well.

JCnator

LzWinky

To be fair, frequent drop outs should be dealt with if the player continues to get in like 10 times with failure. By that point the player should have stopped already

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

SCAR392 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Haxonberik wrote:

+ROB, he just has one game with him and is not THAT memorable

Saying that a character might/should be removed because their game isn't "popular" is the absolute worst excuse someone could make.

Yeah, what about Pit in Brawl and the Ice Climbers?

Also, R.O.B. had 2 games.

R.O.B. is a great fit for smash because he's very important to nitendo's history. Without him, there might not be a nintendo, or even a video game market at all. Smash is about nintendo's history. Which is why I'm upset that we have jigglypuff version 2.0 as of last night. Just because they have a cool moveset doesn't mean they are a good fit for smash, and the inverse is also true as well. That's why I think we need more characters who have earned their keep as nintendo icons. 50 years from now, ROB will still be an important part of nintendo history, as where frogger will unlikely be important at all. I could be wrong, he could be the next pikachu and have a dozen spinoff games, but the point is smash is for those characters who already were important.

Oh and Roy would have been a perfect fit for smash as well, but he just got cancelled, so now his character isn't very important or at least in comparison to Ike or Marth or Chrom.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Took me a minute to realize what was really happening with the Villager's Final, lol.
Even though the Ultra sword is awesome, I'm gonna miss Cook Kirby somewhat. xD

And yeah, let's leave Wolf alone...he just need a few changes and he'll be fine. (mainly the specials and Final)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I think releasing the 3DS version first before the Wii U version is an overall smart move. The 3DS would cannibalize the Wii U sales if released simultaneously. Releasing the Wii U version later near Christmas puts it in a great spot. It gives parents a reason to buy their kids a Wii U for Christmas. Perfect. And to be honest Nintendo COULDN'T release the Wii U version first if they wanted to. If Rosalina's legs glitching out of her dress when she jumped was any indication, the Wii U version still needs more work and requires more resources to make. They need more time for the Wii U version and by releasing the 3DS version first, it will get consumers hyped for the console version which is obviously superior in every respect; graphics, sound, game modes, control and all. The only downside to this is that by having the two games have the same character roster, the Wii U version will lack any surprises for players which is unfortunate. However, where the game will lack in character surprises will make up for in game modes and better gameplay. So overall, this was the best and most realistic decision Nintendo could have possibly made. I look forward to picking up both versions at their respective launch dates.

Very well said. I agree.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the Kremlings in Smash Run are a possible hint at King K. Rool.

Exactly. For me personally, I'm glad the 3DS version comes out since I'll be able to save enough money for the Wii U version. Plus I won't feel pressured to get both when It comes to playing with my friends. Plus, I hope I can transfer my character unlocks to the Wii U version for faster access. Let's face it, you might have the option to transfer unlocked characters from the 3DS to Wii U, but it might cut down on the time in single player for unlocking them (unless methods for unlocking them is the same in both versions). An upside to this is the number of characters you can access during multiplayer when friends come over. Saves a lot of hassle for when it comes to wanting to play as a locked character.

Although I spotted Rosalina's animation errors, I don't think I've seen her dress animated for the 3DS version. Her legs are sticking out of her dress in there too
Untitled

Her dress obviously has not been animated in this screenshot.
Untitled

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

Out of all the characters, (unfortunately) Rosalina looks like the most unfinished of them all. Come on Nintendo/Bamco, pull it together.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Eel

It's not easy to animate dresses, and it's not just a matter of reusing code from Peach or Zelda.

Rosalina's dress is quite different from theirs.

I think it's nice of them to let us see the character even it they haven't finished working on her.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Shirma_Akayaku

One more thing. Wii Fit TRAINER'S foot-in-the-ground dodge is really getting to me.
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Joeynator3000

Rosalina wrote:

Out of all the characters, (unfortunately) Rosalina looks like the most unfinished of them all. Come on Nintendo/Bamco, pull it together.

...lol, Sakurai said this at the start of the Direct. The games aren't finished yet. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shirma_Akayaku

Moorpheel wrote:

It's not easy to animate dresses, and it's not just a matter of reusing code from Peach or Zelda.

Rosalina's dress is quite different from theirs.

I think it's nice of them to let us see the character even it they haven't finished working on her.

Apparently, things that flow (long hair, dresses, capes, etc) will have special physics applied to them. And you're right, it's not a matter of reusing codes either. I also think it's really nice of them to show them a slightly incomplete character. I see it as a way to reflect on how much they improved once it's complete.

Mizore wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

...lol, Sakurai said this at the start of the Direct. The games aren't finished yet. xD

Yeah, I know. I already pointed this out when telling people to calm down about the Wii U version not releasing first.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/thoughts_on_ssb_dire...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

Quick question. Is there a link where I can download all the screenshots in one folder? Wii U screenshots only please.
@DestinyMan You seem to know where to get these photos...

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

LzWinky

@Rosalina: I don't understand the griping. If this was the finished product, then it would be justified

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

The delay of the Wii U version doesn't bother me. The 3DS version will undoubtedly be finished sooner, so they might as well release it, ASAP. The 3DS has a bigger install base, and the Wii U version needs more time. I think that's actually pretty beneficial to both situations. Most people who have a Wii U, also have a 3DS, anyway...

I'm getting both, regardless, and maybe this will make more people buy 3DS, for the time being. Come Christmas time, everyone will be begging Santa for a Wii U and Smash Bros. If I'm broke, I'll be beging the spirits(Santa) for this game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

Spuratis wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

That looks amazing, can't wait to play it.

I don't think I will play this level often, too big. Looks way bigger than Temple. I think it would be interesting if the level could have smaller variations, for one on one matches or something.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MrWalkieTalkie

They actually have artwork for Wireframe Mac!
Untitled

I hope we get artwork for the Male Wii Fit Trainer and I hope other characters get costumes like Dr. Mario outfit for Mario and such.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

NinjaWaddleDee

Am I the only one who's less hyped about the game now? It's sad to say, but I think the reason I feel this way is because of the 3ds version's release date coming before the Wii U version. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the 3ds Smash Bros. will be EXCELLENT! However, even though I own both systems, I am definitely not much of a handheld gamer. I haven't played my 3ds in at least 4 or 5 months, and I haven't gotten a new game for it since Pokemon Y. I just don't have time for handheld gaming anymore.

After coming home from college and work, I want to sit down in front of a big screen tv and game. I don't have the need for a handheld anymore because I drive. I'm aware that the 3ds has a STELLAR library, but there's just something about playing on a handheld that doesn't appeal to me anymore. I've grown up with Smash since 2001, and played Melee a HELL of a lot more than Brawl (mostly nostalgic reasons, I love both to death though, as well as the N64 one). Smash has always been a couch TV experience to me. Not a circle of people with their 3ds' gathered around. Now I'm just kind of stressing out because I reeeealllly want to play Smash, and the 3ds version looks good, but not as great as the Wii U version. I don't want to buy the 3ds version first and have that smash bros. magic wear off by the time winter comes around and I don't want to play the version that I WANTED to buy in the first place. Aaaaaand that's my dilemma. Yeah I know, first world problems I'm just afraid that if I get the 3ds version that I'll be smashed out. Smash is all about the characters to me, and with both rosters being the same, I'm afraid that the Wii U version will lose it's specialness. Oh well... I'm sure Mario Kart 8 and various PS4 releases will tide me over until Smash Wii U. I'll just have to stay away from the 3ds aisle.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

ShadJV

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Am I the only one who's less hyped about the game now? It's sad to say, but I think the reason I feel this way is because of the 3ds version's release date coming before the Wii U version. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the 3ds Smash Bros. will be EXCELLENT! However, even though I own both systems, I am definitely not much of a handheld gamer. I haven't played my 3ds in at least 4 or 5 months, and I haven't gotten a new game for it since Pokemon Y. I just don't have time for handheld gaming anymore.

After coming home from college and work, I want to sit down in front of a big screen tv and game. I don't have the need for a handheld anymore because I drive. I'm aware that the 3ds has a STELLAR library, but there's just something about playing on a handheld that doesn't appeal to me anymore. I've grown up with Smash since 2001, and played Melee a HELL of a lot more than Brawl (mostly nostalgic reasons, I love both to death though, as well as the N64 one). Smash has always been a couch TV experience to me. Not a circle of people with their 3ds' gathered around. Now I'm just kind of stressing out because I reeeealllly want to play Smash, and the 3ds version looks good, but not as great as the Wii U version. I don't want to buy the 3ds version first and have that smash bros. magic wear off by the time winter comes around and I don't want to play the version that I WANTED to buy in the first place. Aaaaaand that's my dilemma. Yeah I know, first world problems I'm just afraid that if I get the 3ds version that I'll be smashed out. Smash is all about the characters to me, and with both rosters being the same, I'm afraid that the Wii U version will lose it's specialness. Oh well... I'm sure Mario Kart 8 and various PS4 releases will tide me over until Smash Wii U. I'll just have to stay away from the 3ds aisle.

I do sorta understand, though not in the same way. I was hoping for a simultaneous release though I'm getting both either way, but now I'm a bit afraid that, come winter, the Wii U version will feel meh. I'll already have played the 3DS version to death, and while the Wii U version has different modes, stages, and music, the character roster is the biggest part of the series. Still, it's a silly thing for me to complain over, you're right about it being first world problems. I just gotta hope Sakurai has enough original content on the Wii U and the connectivity is interesting enough that it'll rekindle the flames of hype by then.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic