Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,601 to 6,620 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

WesCash wrote:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

But one thing I don't like with the online competitive mode is that the only available stage is Final Destination. Competitive smash has never limited itself to only Final Destination.

It's funny that Nintendo thinks this is the best stage for competitive play. It has some major issues.
I personally believe that Smashville has been the best competitive stage so far.

Its Final Destination and Final Destination style variations of other stages, or so ive heard

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

shingi_70

Game looks unreal at times.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Fox really loves that expression, doesn't he?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SCRAPPER392

From what @shingi_70 posted(the 2nd pic), it seems as though Namco things will be in the game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

Also, Kirby is getting his transformations for anyone who was doubting it.

Proof here:

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nuuzen

So many awesome announcements, not to mention Greninja and Sheik!

Nuuzen

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8838-7829 | Nintendo Network ID: Nudull

Uncle_Franklin

WesCash wrote:

hylianhalcyon wrote:

But one thing I don't like with the online competitive mode is that the only available stage is Final Destination. Competitive smash has never limited itself to only Final Destination.

It's funny that Nintendo thinks this is the best stage for competitive play. It has some major issues.
I personally believe that Smashville has been the best competitive stage so far.

Battlefield I would say.

Uncle_Franklin

Uncle_Franklin

As I understand it, the stages in the Wii U and 3DS versions are drawn from home console and handheld games respectively.

With Palutena's Temple on the Wii U, does this mean we'll get a Kid Icarus game on the console?

Uncle_Franklin

19Robb92

WesCash wrote:

it has some major issues.

Like what..? It's just a flat surface.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

FriedSquid

ChoppedLiver wrote:

As I understand it, the stages in the Wii U and 3DS versions are drawn from home console and handheld games respectively.

With Palutena's Temple on the Wii U, does this mean we'll get a Kid Icarus game on the console?

I highly, highly doubt it. In fact I believe Sakurai has said he has no interest in creating a new Kid Icarus. I wouldn't think the stage would be any indication of an entirely new game, either. See below, too...

I was going to post this later but I may as well post it now. I think there might be just a few exceptions to this stages/version rule, as I've seen that there is an Elite Four stage based off of Pokemon X/Y in the Wii U version, one that might cycle through the four type variations. There's only a few shots of it so far, here's what I've found:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

As you can see from the first two images, that would be Siebold's Water-type version of the stage, while the third would obviously be Drasna's Dragon-type version of the stage, the key being the dragon statue:

Untitled

The Fire-type and Steel-type variations haven't been seen yet, though. However, I can tell by various elements in the background that this is definitely the Elite Four stage, such as the ground patterns, Poke Ball designs, stained glass, et cetera... Any thoughts?

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

LyIa

This is amazing. Are these legit?
Untitled
I hope the Mega Men are available as skins. They look AWESOME.

all men are kings 👑

DreamyViridi

@Squid - Nothing to add to that. You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Remember that it's been said the 3DS version stages will mostly be handheld based, and the Wii U stages, console based. Mostly! Meaning some mixed stages will be here or there.
@Cyb3Rnite - Maybe an X skin, but otherwise; I doubt it. The moveset wouldn't make any sense with any other Mega Man.

Awesome, the Tanooki Leaf is an item. I was talking about that being an item with a few of you months ago.
Wonder if we nailed how it'll work....?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

Ugh! My phone is being so slow! I can't get any of these pics to show up!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

LyIa

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Cyb3Rnite - Maybe an X skin, but otherwise; I doubt it. The moveset wouldn't make any sense with any other Mega Man.

X is all I want, honestly. I loved all the spinoffs, but X is the best.

Darn, I edited the picture to make an avatar and added cool particle effects and all that jazz. It's too small to see what I've added.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

Randomname19

The most exciting thing for me were the items and assist trophies,they're really awesome in this game.
The least exciting where the characters.Solo Charizard?Zero Suit Samus with Bayonetta's shoes?Greninja is the only one I like.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

DreamyViridi

Elec Man and Midna are my favourite of those. I guess Proto Man for the Mega Man assist would've been too predictable.
And yeah, I guess Isabelle throws fruit and heals whoever summoned her. So basically auto-life, which is pretty cool.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

Untitled
Uhh... Luigi's left eye...

Mario Maker Levels

citizenerased

We don't have a Wind Waker level yet, do we? After Wind Waker HD, I think it makes sense. Outset or Windfall Island would be the obvious choice, but I think I'd prefer Dragon Roost.... especially if they include the music!

EDIT: Just remembered the Ocean one in Brawl, it was gorgeous. Hoping for another (different) one in this one.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic