• Midna 65
  • Toon Ganondorf 64
  • Toon Sheik 60
  • Impa 54
  • Classic Link 52
  • Tingle 51
  • Phantom Zelda 28
  • Groose 27

Missed all the LoZ characters somehow, dumb me.

FuzzyPickles94

I'm surprised how well Skull Kid is doing so far. Thought he was an uncommon request as I haven't heard him mentioned much.

WingedFish wrote:

Japan freaking rocks. Hopefully Sakurai sees the demand for that redhead of flaming sword awesomeness.

And I can easily see Mewtwo having a Zelda/Sheik thing going on with the new form.

The good news is that Sakurai has planned Roy to return for Brawl so I'm sure that Sakurai is considering having Roy return for the next game and I do think he'll at least be planned. If he returns, it'll most likely be as a semi-clone (but much more unique than his Melee incarnation).

I really look forward to Mewtwo's return. I'm curious about how they'll deal with Mewtwo's original form and what Mewtwo's new form will bring to the game.

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Prof3ssorMGW

Not surprised at Skull Kid (MM) being the top for LoZ, although I still don't understand the obsession with him. :Y

Also lol at the post about blocking on the last page.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

Snagrio

I'm sort of warming up to the idea of Bowser Jr. now, even though I still think there are more then enough Mario characters...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Captain_Balko

HeyLolita wrote:

• Groose 27

... What? WHAT? WHAAAT? GROOSE HAS THE LOWEST AMOUNT OF VOTES?

This is a travesty. Groose is one of the greatest characters in the history of gaming as a whole (and film, theatre, heck, fiction in general) and the fact that he isn't number one is unacceptable. Obviously, that 27 is a typo, the real number should have been 270 or something...

Captain_Balko

Rc53

How about bisharp from pokemon black and white to replace lucario it would be AWSOME to see him and meda knight fight

Rc53

zoroarkrules25

It would be but is unlikely.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Rc53

Unlikely but awsome

Rc53

TheLZdragon

Hey guys. I retitled and stickied the thread due to the upcoming announcements of the Smash Bros game. Let's keep all related posts here! Thanks!

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheLZdragon

Dev wrote:

I imagine the thread title will have to change once the official name of the game is revealed too.

Yup, and the Wii U and 3DS versions will have separate titles if necessary

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shinpichu

astarisborn94 wrote:

Am I the only one here who would rather have the same name for both games to keep it from being confusing?

No, I agree. If the two games are just different versions/ports then they should keep the names the same.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=51763efee4b0bd1609c69c04

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Big_L91

man if banjo kazooie was a character i would play as them all the time

put it on.

zoroarkrules25

True, just add portable to the 3ds version and I'd be fine with the titles.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Prof3ssorMGW

Some info already gathered on SSB4. -> http://thewiiu.com/topic/12316-what-we-know-about-the-next-sm...

Once this game comes out, all the speculation crap will be over. I wanna see some skilled players online, although I expect many to suck at the game, only good for speculation.

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SSBWIIU3DS
Nintendo Network ID: Prof3ssorMGW

WebHead

I think with the new Sonic partnership, Sonic making it in the roster is almost guaranteed.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Orngeblu

LK9T9 wrote:

Some info already gathered on SSB4. -> http://thewiiu.com/topic/12316-what-we-know-about-the-next-sm...

Once this game comes out, all the speculation crap will be over. I wanna see some skilled players online, although I expect many to suck at the game, only good for speculation.

It's probably going to be similar to Brawl again, and this kind of worries me because I am getting into Project: M now. I've tried Brawl again recently, and oooh was I rusty. Although I could probably unrust within a few hours, but still too lazy and want to stick with Project: M and avoid rusting myself there. My point is, when Smash 4 comes out, I'm gonna be doing somewhat bad until I get used to the feel again. (assuming it mill be floaty)

But I can't wait to get in there and beat up some newbies! >:I I'm gonna pioneer that game! I can tell you though, I am a very worthy opponent at smash. But yeah, the transition is gonna be tough for a while.

I'm most excited for character balance, so I won't be limited to some characters if someone is using Meta Knight. The game obviously won't be perfectly balanced. There will most definitely be a top tier of course. One that rules over them all, regardless of how marginally small the power of that character is, players will flock to it to win. But, I think I'll feel better it's much more balanced because I used to play on Basic Brawl a lot, and some Meta Knight's just spammed Dsmash most of the time, and it worked. I later learned how to stop that, but it can still be frustrating to play some people like that. A lot of people turn Meta Knight when they're having a hard time. So, say I could go Mario and not have to worry too much about X character being top tier because the characters are much more balanced.

@Webhead

I hope they make a better color selection for Sonic...the only big changes were the rings on his hand, and sometimes only changed his skin darker. I like how in Project: M you can choose a green sonic, and a red sonic. It's pretty cool to play with those colors.

[quote=3DSonicPizzaHD]

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

3. Toad probably wouldn't really fit into the roster well.

I HAAAAAAAAATE it when people spout crap like this. Why wouldn't he fit? Is it because you think he can't fight? Because Toad has fought in the Mario games beforehand. It can't be his asthetic/design. Don't just say "he can't fit." Explain why you think he "can't fit."

It's really hard to explain, but I feel the same way. I don't think Toad really fits in this violence, but you're probably going to give me the "Peach and Zelda don't fit the violence either" stuff, which isn't true really. I can't explain why, though. When I think of toad, I think of a citizen of the Mario universe, I guess I should say. I don't usually see any toads fighting, unless they're desperate to help Mario or something. Not that they should be almost any time.

How about you explain to me how toad will work just fine? Regardless of him "fighting in other mario titles". (which I don't recall AT ALL.)

Especially the people who want Goku, I don't think he fits in smash either, and it's not because he doesn't fit the violence, he definitely does.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

FuzzyPickles94

WebHead wrote:

I think with the new Sonic partnership, Sonic making it in the roster is almost guaranteed.

Not sure where people get that the partnership makes Sonic more likely. We don't know if this partnership means anything; especially since Sakurai has the final words on third-parties.

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

WaveBoy

Little Mac, Mega Man, Starfy, Simon Belmont, King Hippo(In my Don Flaminco dreams!), Baby Ridley, Bill Rizer from Contra fame & Medussa pwetty pwease? And here's hoping they bring back Melee's Air dodging, which you could also control in any direction in mid-air aside from the dodging itself actually LASTING, to the point where you could swoop over your oppenents head. It bumped up the skill factor by a mile... unlike Brawl's 'sink to the ground' uncontrollable garbage.

I for one never abused or even used the wave dashing technique in Melee, so i was at a loss as to why they completely nerfed the air dodging in Brawl. Now, If Brawl had Melee's Air Dodging mechanics, a worth while 'Targets' mode designed for each characters abilities like in Melee's, a more compelling Sub Space Mode, Better online with next to no lag instead of the lag riddled mess we got, along with Wolf and Falco getting their own super smash powers instead of reusing the Landmaster two more times, and a few more interesting secret characters instead of the time being wasted creating that useless sticker mode it would of been more impressive, as is it's still a great game but a teeny bit dissapointing.

With that out of the way, I'm just as excited as you guys for the big(ahh who am i kidding, it's going to be a tiny teaser trailer) E3 reveal!
Not quite as much as the new Wii U 3D Mario, but pretty darn close. They really need to do something special and unique for the 4th entry instead of doing another predictable..."Add in more characters, more weapons, improved online, more stages, better graphics, HD, more modes ect ect" We need a gameplay overhaul, something that completely shakes things up.

Edited on by WaveBoy

WaveBoy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic