Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 6,401 to 6,420 of 19,139

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

6,401. Posted:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91: I think it's from Tomodachi Collection, which I think is yet another possible hint at Miis being playable. We have stages for Find Mii II and Wuhu Island and now this. Miis have to be playing some sort of role in these games.

If Miis were playable, I'm pretty sure they'll incorporate things from all the games they've been in. A side special would be rolling bowling ball I guess.The things Miis have are also seen in other characters.

Wii Sports:
Baseball Bat - Ness
Tennis Racket/Golf Club - Peach
Boxing Gloves - Little Mac?
(yes, I know there are other games but this is an example)

I guess this is where customization comes in at some point.

Boxing Gloves - Villager
Of course Little Mac is correct but in terms what you are trying to say Villager is the better choice. :)

The Villager also uses a bowling ball in one attack. He could very well be a combination of the Mii, Animal Crossing, and Balloon Fight.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

cookiex

6,402. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Blast: Correction, he is not revealing characters on their western release dates. But as I stated before, I guess Diddy was probably an exception because Tropical Freeze had already been out in Japan, whereas Yoshi's New Island has yet to.

All this takes is some good ole patience.

I think the Diddy Kong exception had more to do with a Nintendo Direct being scheduled on the 14th (in Japan) so Sakurai decided to reveal Little Mac that week instead.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Mask0Gears

6,403. Posted:

So, if Miis were playable, how would you do the customization?

I'd give them all the same moveset, with the shirt color, how tall they are, and weight determining the character's playstyle.

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears

AuthorMessage

Blast

6,404. Posted:

Miis should ONLY be playable in training mode and NOT online mode.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

6,405. Posted:

Mii's ideally should be an assist trophy and the Mii looks like which ever one is linked to your profile. Trying to add in the Mii as a Puesdo create a character has the potential to break the game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,406. Posted:

PaperLucario wrote:

Ice Climbers were only in one game over a decade ago and are pretty obscure, yet they showed up playable in 2 smash games.
If we we're to add characters based on the amount of fans or popularity, let's start adding the likes of Master Chief, Harry Mason, Simon Belemont, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Pac-Man, or some generic character from Call of Duty, among dozens of other franchises.
Let's also not forget where the major Kingdom Hearts titles are on. Kingdom Hearts 1-2: PS2, HD Remakes of said games: PS3, not even the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 is being considered on the Wii U, but on the other two systems. Also it's not like Nintendo would factor a console's success into picking a character anyways, especially the PS2.

Even if we we're to forget all of that (cause of course, Solid Snake managed to be in Brawl), Sora couldn't be put in Smash 4 because to add him would mean having to put in all sorts of Disney properties, and unlike Solid Snake where they could trade guns for explosives, there is no way one could remove all the Disney influence from the franchise and keep the same feel of the character.

So if there was to be a Sqaure representative, it would have to be someone from Final Fantasy, however the main entries don't have much history on nintendo systems, so they don't have much to work with outside of something generic like a dark mage, So with that in mind, the best they could do with Square would be a Bravely Default character, but since that released only recently this year... yeah there's nothing much left.

Ice Climbers is 1st party. Geno isn't. Not the same argument.

All of those people you just mentioned aren't Square Enix, and most of them don't even have a history with Nintendo AT ALL, even though there are four KH games that debuted on Nintendo handhelds which, by the way, are FAR more popular than the main consoles, so I'd argue that this only makes it MORE likely, not less.

Arguing that Kingdom Hearts is mainly PlayStation is moot, and you even pointed out why, since Snake was in Brawl.

Nintendo isn't making this game, nor do they have any say in the roster, it is entirely up to Sakurai's decisions and, in the case of 3rd parties, ability to persuade people to lend him a character.

You're saying this as if Sakurai can't make a deal with Disney to allow them to use mouse heads in the game. Besides, Sora belongs to Square. Not Disney. Getting KH characters in would be on Square's end. Disney references could be kept to a minimum.

There are far better reasons for not including Tiz from Bravely Default, such as the fact that creating his moveset would be an unGodly nightmare. In game, you can basically give him any set of skills you choose, so long as they exist within two or three pre-made sets. Deciding which sets would make the most interesting character would be difficulty, and trying to balance out an entirely customizable moveset would be an even worse nightmare than before. Besides, Bravely Default is only new to the US (and Europe?). It's been out for quite a while, in Japan. Even if that weren't an issue, why would the game being new have anything to do with the character making it, or not?

The entire argument that Sora isn't possible is silly. Sora fulfills all of the main requirements for inclusion. Nothing is stopping him from joining. The fact is that he's just not LIKELY to be added, because there are so many other 3rd parties that deserve the inclusion, first. (Namco, Ubisoft, Konami, Platinum, you get the idea.) Sakurai stated he wanted to keep 3rd parties to a minimum, so no one should EXPECT Sora. I'm simply pointing out that he's still a candidate for the roster, regardless.

Also, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You is another possible addition. He's the main character of a Nintendo DS exclusive game, and was featured in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance on the 3DS. With a presence on two popular Nintendo handhelds, he'd also be high on the list, if a Square rep were in consideration. (Again, I doubt one is.)

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Blast

6,407. Posted:

So Kojima really did say, "Sakurai... if you're listening... please put Snake in the game." when he was asked about Snake in the new SSB game?
Hmmm.....
I'm conflicted on this..... cuz I like Kojima and I do plan on getting the next MGS installment for PS4 someday.
The last time Snake touched a Nintendo platform was MGS: Snake Eater 3D....
MGS: Ground Zeroes could "easily" (any game thats running on 360 and PS3 and also be ran on Wii U) be on Wii U but its not.
In a way... I feel like Kojima wants free advertising for the next MGS game....
Then again... Snake was in the roster previously.... People DO like him in the game. Snake is iconic, too.
Dang....
You know what? It sorta pains me to say this but Snake SHOULD be allowed back in the roster. Its bittersweet to say it, though. Mega Man is WAY more deserving than Snake BUT... Snake still deserves to be in the game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

6,408. Posted:

I'm split on Snake being included in Smash Bros. I think if Kojima wants Snake in Smash Bros, he should at least give Metal Gear more of a presence on Nintendo consoles. We could have easily gotten a Metal Gear Solid collection like Xbox 360 and PS3 got, for Wii, and now MGS5 isn't coming to the platform.

That alone makes me question Snake. I know MGS:TS and Snake Eater 3D were on Nintendo, but Snake ultimately doesn't have as much as a presence on Nintendo systems. We might as well argue that Ezlo from AC should be in Smash Bros.

At this point, they're better off putting Bomberman or a Simon Belmont in the game.

On the other hand, he's a popular character, but his lack of presence would ultimately make me say no, if I was Sakarai.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

6,409. Posted:

At the very least release the classic Metal Gear games on VC for people to enjoy. I bet if they did that and Snake was in SSB4, Konami would start seeing the Wii U as a console worth supporting. (because I think evwn the classic Metal Gear games would sell well on VC)

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

6,410. Posted:

Well, MGS on GCN could show up on VC, but the other games would have to show up in the form of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Maybe they could add GamePad features, but who knows... I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't allow Snake in Smash Bros. this time if they aren't going to put new Metal Gear games on Nintendo systems.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

6,411. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Well, MGS on GCN could show up on VC, but the other games would have to show up in the form of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Maybe they could add GamePad features, but who knows... I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't allow Snake in Smash Bros. this time if they aren't going to put new Metal Gear games on Nintendo systems.

While Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes would be nice, I was actually just talking about Mear Gear and Snake's Revenge Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake, which were on Japan's Wii VC. So we would just need a translation of those versions.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,412. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Again, /Nintendo/ is not making this game and has no actual say in the roster beyond what of their own IP that Sakurai can't use. They can't (or rather /won't/) force him to add or drop any character that he intends to use. They especially can't reach over to Konami's influence and say "don't use this character. Use the other one." Sakurai is the ONLY person who can add or drop anyone based on his own criteria. The welfare of the consoles isn't really his business, so long as his game does well.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

6,413. Posted:

@UGXwolf
That isn't exactly true. Nintendo is paying for the game and does have say over things. They could make Sakurai take out certain characters or add certain characters. Will Nintendo do this? I don't think so but with Nintendo paying for it, Nintendo has final say over everything. Publishers have made Designers do wrong Game Designs all the time but I don't think Nintendo will do that

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

6,414. Posted:

@UGXWolf
I was speaking in general. Kojima already said that Nintendo should put Snake in the next Smash Bros. If Sora Co. asked Nintendo if it was ok to include Snake, Nintendo would ultimately have say on whether Snake should be in SB or not, because like @DefHalen said, they're paying the bill. That bill would include Snake's inclusion, because having on the roster isn't going to free, and even still, lack of character presence isn't giving Snake any better of a chance to be included.

EDIT: In otherwords, if Nintendo has to pay to put Snake in the game, his lack of presence on the platform would probably effect the decision. That's all I'm saying.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

6,415. Posted:

I'd love to see Snake again. He's an iconic game character, just like Sonic and Mega Man. Smash Bros. is mostly a Nintendo related affair, but throwing in a few of the most well known characters from other companies certainly doesn't hurt. Snake fits the bill nicely in that regard, and he's certainly a fun and unique character to have on the roster.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

6,416. Posted:

I wouldn't mind having Snake on the roster, either, but not having a MGS title on Wii U and still allowing him to be a playable character would be kind of irksome.

Hideo ought to know that MGS isn't on Wii U. I personally wouldn't give Snake the OK if none of the MGS games were on Wii U. 3DS and GCN are the most recent MGS games, and even those are a port and remake. Megaman already has tons of titles on the eShop, so it makes sense to give familiarity of the characters by having games with that character. Sonic is in Lost World, will be in Boom, will presumable be on Wii U VC, and already has presence on 3DS VC, outside of only Smash Bros.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,417. Posted:

IIRC Snake appeared in SSBB because Kojima wanted him to be in the game (Kojima & Sakurai are friends). So I guess he's still probable.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,418. Posted:

@DefHalen @SCAR392 I believe I pointed out that it was more that they won't than that they can't.

UGXwolf wrote:

They can't (or rather /won't/) force him to add or drop any character that he intends to use.

Yeah, right there.

On that note, I do see your point. Nintendo wouldn't be happy about supporting a character that isn't supporting them. Even so, if Sakurai thinks it'll make the game better, I don't think Nintendo will stand in his way.

Edited on by UGXwolf

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

6,419. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

IIRC Snake appeared in SSBB because Kojima wanted him to be in the game (Kojima & Sakurai are friends). So I guess he's still probable.

He probably is in the cards, but from a supportive standpoint, MGS' absence on the Wii U is kind of a weird situation.

At this point, basically any other character from Konami besides Snake would make sense; mainly Bomberman or Simon Belmony.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

6,420. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen @SCAR392 I believe I pointed out that it was more that they won't than that they can't.

UGXwolf wrote:

They can't (or rather /won't/) force him to add or drop any character that he intends to use.

Yeah, right there.

I saw that but your post implied that Nintendo didn't have control over the game and I pointed out that they did.