Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Thread

Showing 6,401 to 6,420 of 15,078

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,401. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

You know, whenever a character appears in Smash, the next game that comes out, they want that previous character included and they will defend the hell out of them. Even if they appeared only once. People wanted Roy in Brawl, but he wasn't. People wanted Mewtwo in Brawl, but wasn't. People even wanted Dr. Mario in Brawl, but he wasn't. What I see is that no matter how much you defend a character so that they won't get booted, it still doesn't matter. People wanted Waluigi to be playable. He returned... as an assist.

No matter what I see, people can never be, and will never be satisfied with the character roster until they learn to accept it as it is.

Everyone, please learn that.

I believe I've said this before, but people will always fight to the death over what they want or don't want in the roster. I do it for fun, and I'm sure many people here do, too, because when the game comes out, regardless of who is or isn't in the roster, the majority of us, if not ALL of us, are still gonna love the game, and we're just gonna suck it up on the differences.

For instance, I realize that I probably won't get my top 3 most wanted. I do not, however, think this will ruin ANYTHING for me.

@SG9000 So? Yoshi was announced a year after the Brawl announcement, too, as I recall. Even so, I really doubt the game will be out before late Summer, so this outcome is entirely possible.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

6,402. Posted:

Your argument over you want in the roster is useless. If you argue, think of it as a way of observing what might be going on in Sakurai's head when figuring out the roster.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,403. Posted:

Xenoblade coming out way earlier in Japan is my main reason to think Shulk will be in the game.

Bomberman or Simon Belmont or Pacman would be cool.

Ridley being too big as the problem is stupid.

Of course Yoshi is in the game.

This is the entirety of my opinion of new roster ideas.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

6,404. Posted:

I can't wait for Ridley to be announced...

as an assist trophy! :D

Edited on by WaLzgi

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

6,405. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

If a guy like Snake can come back then Sora can join the roster, too.

Sora has no reason not to join, but that doesn't mean he'll make it in. Keep this in mind.

There's no reason for him to join though...

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,406. Posted:

Who's Sora?

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

PaperLucario

6,407. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Who's Sora?

That one guy from Kingdom Hearts, with the huge key.

PaperLucario

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,408. Posted:

PaperLucario wrote:

That one guy from Kingdom Hearts, with the huge key.

Oh.. Yeah, that's not happening :P There's no reason for him to join.

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,409. Posted:

Aaaactually, there is. Half of the entire Kingdom Hearts series is on Nintendo handhelds, and he could be made to suit the format just fine. If Sakurai wanted a Square Enix rep, Sora would be first in line. The question is if Sakurai wanted to add a Square Enix rep, and my answer is a firm "unlikely."

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

PaperLucario

6,410. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Aaaactually, there is. Half of the entire Kingdom Hearts series is on Nintendo handhelds, and he could be made to suit the format just fine. If Sakurai wanted a Square Enix rep, Sora would be first in line. The question is if Sakurai wanted to add a Square Enix rep, and my answer is a firm "unlikely."

Sakurai opts to keep the 3rd parties to a minimum and only true icons that everyone could recognize (Mega Man & Sonic). Even if he did I think someone from final fantasy would have a higher chance, with the two times they crossed over with a Mario Sports game. Not to mention, the last thing I'd want is Disney stamped on the box of what celebrates everything Nintendo.

Edited on by PaperLucario

PaperLucario

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,411. Posted:

PaperLucario wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Sakurai opts to keep the 3rd parties to a minimum and only true icons that everyone could recognize (Mega Man & Sonic). Even if he did I think someone from final fantasy would have a higher chance, with the two times they crossed over with a Mario Sports game. Not to mention, the last thing I'd want is Disney stamped on the box of what celebrates everything Nintendo.

I disagree. I don't think there are any Final Fantasy characters as publicly recognized as Sora is that have heavy affiliation with Nintendo. Cloud and Sephiroth might contend on a popularity basis, but as they were never involved in Nintendo, their inclusion is even MORE unlikely.

As for want, I agree, I really don't want this character. I'm just saying he's not in a position to be written off as impossible. Unlikely (as you said, Sakurai wants to keep 3rd party to a minimum), but not TOO unlikely.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

6,412. Posted:

It's a good idea not to be too attached to characters so that way if they don't make it into the games as playable, it doesn't somehow ruin the games for you. At the absolute bare minimum, I want all of my Brawl mains back, and with Donkey Kong, Pit, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong confirmed and Wario indirectly confirmed with Ashley and Waluigi as assist trophies, that has already been covered for me. I wouldn't even mind if my wanted characters ended up being assist trophies.

And at this point this morning, Yoshi is probably not going to be announced today. Veterans are typically announced really early.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,413. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

I highly doubt that. People are constantly whining about Geno from Mario RPG. He'd most likely be in before Sora.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,414. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I highly doubt that. People are constantly whining about Geno from Mario RPG. He'd most likely be in before Sora.

Yes, the one-off mage character that Square Enix keeps in their basement would be given to Nintendo long before their Disney-side poster boy. Besides most vocal =/= most popular. Geno is an obscure character, in relation to Sora.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,415. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Yes, the one-off mage character that Square Enix keeps in their basement would be given to Nintendo long before their Disney-side poster boy. Besides most vocal =/= most popular. Geno is an obscure character, in relation to Sora.

SSB is about fan-service though.

The only fully handheld game that has gotten characters in SSB is Pokemon. Nothing else. So I don't see KH happening.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

6,416. Posted:

If Yoshi is announced, what art style do you think he will be? Yoshi's New Island, Yarn Yoshi, or the Classic look? I wouldn't mind if it was Yoshi New Island and if he had a baby riding him lol. It would be really cool if it was Yarn Yoshi

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,417. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

If Yoshi is announced, what art style do you think he will be? Yoshi's New Island, Yarn Yoshi, or the Classic look? I wouldn't mind if it was Yoshi New Island and if he had a baby riding him lol. It would be really cool if it was Yarn Yoshi

It'll just be the SSBB model with brighter colors. Like every veteran has been.

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,418. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

SSB is about fan-service though.

The only fully handheld game that has gotten characters in SSB is Pokemon. Nothing else. So I don't see KH happening.

Even if I were to accept your idea that Smash is about fanservice, Kingdom Hearts has WAY more fans than Super Mario RPG. Again, it's one game vs. eight. Not only that, but one game on one console vs. eight games spanning eight different consoles, two of which just so happen to be PS2 and Nintendo DS, the two most popular gaming systems of all time. If Sakurai wanted a Square character, Sora would be the first one on the list. Geno wouldn't follow for some time, regardless of what the surprisingly loud fanbase would have you believe. In terms of popularity and fandom, Kingdom Hearts trumps Super Mario RPG by so much, it hurts.

AuthorMessage

tripunktoj

6,419. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Any art style is welcome as long as he is carrying a baby (different baby for different Yoshi color)

Edited on by tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj | Twitter: tripunktoj

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

6,420. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Even if I were to accept your idea that Smash is about fanservice, Kingdom Hearts has WAY more fans than Super Mario RPG. Again, it's one game vs. eight. Not only that, but one game on one console vs. eight games spanning eight different consoles, two of which just so happen to be PS2 and Nintendo DS, the two most popular gaming systems of all time. If Sakurai wanted a Square character, Sora would be the first one on the list. Geno wouldn't follow for some time, regardless of what the surprisingly loud fanbase would have you believe. In terms of popularity and fandom, Kingdom Hearts trumps Super Mario RPG by so much, it hurts.

What makes Geno more likely is that he's been in a Nintendo game on a home console.

The Kingdom Hearts games have nothing to relate to Nintendo & have only been on their handhelds. Of course the KH series is more popular, they've made a ridiculous amount of games by now. That doesn't make Sora any more likely though. The latest installment isn't even releasing on a Nintendo platform. :P

The fanbase for KH on a Nintendo home console is probably next to zero.

Edited on by 19Robb92