Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Showing 6,261 to 6,280 of 22,091

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

6,261. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

I was wondering why you people were talking about Captain Rainbow, and then I went back a page XD

Perhaps that can be a costume/skin/whatever for Little Mac. As for Captain Rainbow, sure, add in him Sakurai, the more the merrier.

(And hopefully somebody translates Captain Rainbow one of these days, so I can play it :I)

I feel like there must be a fan translation, even just subbed video clips. Feels like everything has one nowadays, even a bad one. Haha

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

6,262. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko Yeah, there is one, maybe i'll get to experience Captain Rainbow after all XD

"A mix between Captain Falcon, Yatterman and hallucinatory mushroom's effects, it's him, the fabulous Captain Rainbow!"

^That's a perfect description of him I guess XD

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND SOMEBODY HE KNOWS, ZIGGURAT!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

6,263. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko

Haven't played the game myself but I was mostly referring to how the game dealt with Birdo. I wouldn't be surprised to find that alot of the transgender community wouldn't find that funny.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

6,264. Posted:

Whenever I hear Captain Rainbow, I instantly think of Captain Planet.

Ugh...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

6,265. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

@Tsuchinoko

Haven't played the game myself but I was mostly referring to how the game dealt with Birdo. I wouldn't be surprised to find that alot of the transgender community wouldn't find that funny.

As im not transgender (but have transgender friends here in japan), i feel like the difference is in the intent and presentation. Birdo and the genderless characters in Mother 3 are fantasy characters, but as is particularly the case in Mother 3, they are presented as being a part of the world they live in, and not looked down upon. I think thats the same reason why a lot of the GLBT characters in Final Fantasy games actually get positive critiques from gays. The transgender characters in GTAV are are just beyond ridiculous as offensive stereotypes . But I dont think anyone could take Birdo seriously, as its not even a human character, and more than anything i feel the game is making fun of the weird anatomy of characters like Yoshi and Birdo who couldn't possibly exist in real life. Yoshi makes eggs at a moments notice from things he eats? Birdo shoots eggs out of its mouth? Its not anything we would worry about.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

cookiex

6,266. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Ugh...

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

6,267. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Ugh...

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

I knew it was only a matter of time. -_-

Darn hippie show.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

6,268. Posted:

Also, while on the subject of stereotypes and offensive feelings, I can't help but be a little at odds with the fat Little Mac thing. He, despite originating in Japan, is undeniably an American character. And the fact that he's fat in that game seems to lend itself to the stereotype of fat Americans (though sadly it is a fact that many in this country are overweight).

But of course since we're American so everyone else is "allowed" to poke fun at us. :p

In the end though I believe people in general get way too offended way too easily anymore, so I'll leave things be.

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

6,269. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Also, while on the subject of stereotypes and offensive feelings, I can't help but be a little at odds with the fat Little Mac thing. He, despite originating in Japan, is undeniably an American character. And the fact that he's fat in that game seems to lend itself to the stereotype of fat Americans (though sadly it is a fact that many in this country are overweight).

But of course since we're American so everyone else is "allowed" to poke fun at us. :p

In the end though I believe people in general get way too offended way too easily anymore, so I'll leave things be.

Haha i think its more because he's the "fitness" guy, more than him being American.

Arg, I'm wanting so much new info about this game! Even though i only am getting the 3ds version (i really think I'm done with home consoles, my partner not being a video game person in the slightest is partially a factor in that), I'm curious about both versions equally.

EDIT: also remember, this is the Internet. You're linked up with people from all over the world. There's this strange phenomenon where many Americans forget that and talk inclusively as though they were in a room and everyone else is assumed to be American as well. I see it a lot actually. This site especially is one to be careful on, since I believe it originates from the UK, even though the staff now are from many different countries.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,270. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko I get what you mean, but at the same time, I'm used to boards teeming with UK, Australia, Canadian, Carribean, AND US reps, so I'm not really a stranger to assuming on a global scale. I really only get awkward around German and Japanese reps, as I admire both cultures and want to learn more about them. I suppose it gets weird, as I don't think most people enjoy being asked about things that are second nature to them.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

6,271. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

I was wondering why you people were talking about Captain Rainbow, and then I went back a page XD

Perhaps that can be a costume/skin/whatever for Little Mac. As for Captain Rainbow, sure, add in him Sakurai, the more the merrier.

(And hopefully somebody translates Captain Rainbow one of these days, so I can play it :I)

I feel like there must be a fan translation, even just subbed video clips. Feels like everything has one nowadays, even a bad one. Haha

I actually played the Japanese version myself with the help of my friend Ryo who translated the gist of what was happening into english twas an interesting experience to say the least.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,272. Posted:

Drawing out of thin air isn't really an issue at all. They typically have somewhere to start with, but it's not impossible. And besides, there are many better reasons to not add him, like his Japan-only status or his poor sales, maybe?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

6,273. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Drawing out of thin air isn't really an issue at all. They typically have somewhere to start with, but it's not impossible. And besides, there are many better reasons to not add him, like his Japan-only status or his poor sales, maybe?

Japan only status? Mother 3 says hello. Poor sales and Japan only status? Definitely the reason.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,274. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Japan only status? Mother 3 says hello. Poor sales and Japan only status? Definitely the reason.

Fair point, but I doubt "poor sales" implies the same number for either game.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

6,275. Posted:

Seriously? It's just a trophy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

6,276. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Some of you guys take things way to seriously... :|

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

6,277. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Thank you.

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

6,278. Posted:

So now all the franchises represented in this game in 1 way or another include:

Super Mario
Untitled

The Legend of Zelda
Untitled

Kirby
Untitled

Metroid
Untitled

Pokemon
Untitled

Donkey Kong Country
Untitled

Kid Icarus
Untitled

Starfox
Untitled

Pikmin
Untitled

Fire Emblem
Untitled

Wii Fit
Untitled

Animal Crossing
Untitled

Punch-Out!!
Untitled

Mega Man
Untitled

Sonic the Hedgehog
Untitled

Pilotwings
Untitled

Steel Diver
Untitled

Nintendogs
Untitled

The Legendary Starfy
Untitled

Streetpass
Untitled

WarioWare Inc.
Untitled

Captain Rainbow
Untitled

Did I forget any?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Blast

6,279. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So now all the franchises represented in this game in 1 way or another include:

Super Mario
Untitled

The Legend of Zelda
Untitled

Kirby
Untitled

Metroid
Untitled

Pokemon
Untitled

Donkey Kong Country
Untitled

Kid Icarus
Untitled

Starfox
Untitled

Pikmin
Untitled

Fire Emblem
Untitled

Wii Fit
Untitled

Animal Crossing
Untitled

Punch-Out!!
Untitled

Mega Man
Untitled

Sonic the Hedgehog
Untitled

Pilotwings
Untitled

Steel Diver
Untitled

Nintendogs
Untitled

The Legendary Starfy
Untitled

Streetpass
Untitled

WarioWare Inc.
Untitled

Captain Rainbow
Untitled

Did I forget any?

Wow. Nice. Hopefully Bayonetta and Wonder Red will be joining those screenshots. Heck, let's throw in some Xenoblade guys.
Yoshi will be making his debut soon...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

6,280. Posted:

Oh gosh! Why would you quote that!? It's too long! XD

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!