Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,261 to 6,280 of 27,917

Orngeblu

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Orngeblu I say 3-4 characters because this is a Smash Bros specific direct. The other directs were like little tidbits but this one is 100% Smash Bros. I expect character reveal to an E3 proportion.

And really? that's what they're going with for the title? Bummer. Ah well, at least it's not something dumb like "New Super Mario bros U". I guess I can live with that title.

And yeah, I understand now, I edited my post, so it is possible.

Yeah, sorry man. Everyone speculated "rumble", or "clash", but nope, we got "3DS/Wii U".

I'd also really like King K. Rool, because I have a friend who really wants him, so I want him to get his wish.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Randomname19

All I really want to know is the release date,I can find out the rest by playng the game

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Pootypie

Randomname19 wrote:

All I really want to know is the release date,I can find out the rest by playng the game

I concur.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Budda

RogueBologna wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

This, knowing too much before playing just takes some of the surprise away

The surprise could be negative, what then?
If you see general mechanics you can ether decide to not buy the game OR get used to it in advance.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Blast

Its either gonna be a June or July game. Bayonetta 2 is either gonna be a July or August game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Nintendo6400

I'm expecting 3 new characters and some veterans
New stage builder
Adventure mode returns
Etc

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

OdnetninAges

HYPE

I feel that there'll be at least one newcomer, and one veteran revealed.

I'm still expecting a winter release for these games. So maybe "November" or "December", or at least the quarter they are aiming for. (Obviously not 1st quarter, though...)

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

VoiceOfReason

Orngeblu wrote:

I predict:
-the official title will be revealed (C'mon it CAN'T be "for Wii U/for 3DS" that's just LAME)
It's already been confirmed by Sakurai, that is the official title. :I Sorry.

Can I get a link please?

Edited on by VoiceOfReason

[Insert clever remark here]

Orngeblu

VoiceOfReason wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I predict:
-the official title will be revealed (C'mon it CAN'T be "for Wii U/for 3DS" that's just LAME)
It's already been confirmed by Sakurai, that is the official title. :I Sorry.

Can I get a link please?

You can just google it... there are multiple sources confirming this, and I remember it was confirmed for a long time now. Sakurai wanted a simpler title, so he chose Wii U/3DS.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Randomname19

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

This, knowing too much before playing just takes some of the surprise away

The surprise could be negative, what then?

If you see general mechanics you can ether decide to not buy the game OR get used to it in advance.

I already saw the general mechanics and decided to buy only the Wii U version

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Nintendo6400

My dream ADVENTURE MODE. First you start out in the Mushroom Kingdom, (maybe somewhere else) then you keep traveling just like melee. But this time you can go down different pathways which lead you to different areas. For example: one door you from the MK to hyrule or MK to Dream Land. Also maybe these can lead you to different bosses too.

Sorry if the grammar is off, I was speed typing this through my phone.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Budda

@Randomname19
Well. The E3 gameplay could be an early build you know. It is still worth it to look if they have changed major gamplaymechanics. ^^
If there are any gameplay in the direct.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

UGXwolf

@2Sang No, no, no, that's perfectly reasonable! And don't forget! We totally need them to show us the unique break the targets and board the platforms stages for all 300+ characters! Not to mention a release date in June set just a week or two after E3. We also want intro cutscenes for all 300+ characters, unique stages for all 300+ characters, and an infinitely branching story mode that lets you handle the game in any order you choose, so if you want Wolf, all you have to do is find the Star Fox area in the story mode and fight him. You know, stuff like that.

But in all honestly, I don't expect more than three character reveals, and I'd be shocked if two of those weren't veterans. I still think a Winter release date is much too far off for us to assume it'll come out at that time. I know Black Friday will be big for the Wii U, this year, but you do realize that so long as the game is out by November, it'll still be on store shelves at that point. Smash is big. Like. Really big. Releasing in September or August probably won't hurt its sales, at all.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

Nintendo6400 wrote:

My dream ADVENTURE MODE. First you start out in the Mushroom Kingdom, (maybe somewhere else) then you keep traveling just like melee. But this time you can go down different pathways which lead you to different areas. For example: one door you from the MK to hyrule or MK to Dream Land. Also maybe these can lead you to different bosses too.

Sorry if the grammar is off, I was speed typing this through my phone.

AWWW YEAH!

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Guitardude7 wrote:

WAIT A MINUTE. How did all of us manage to forget: He's probably going go into how the Wii U and 3DS connect to each other! He's most likely going to elaborate on how the 3DS is a "personal experience" that you bring to the Wii U and expand upon. That is very likely me thinks.

I totally forgot that!!! NICE!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

UGXwolf

Honestly, aside from online and the full roster, I think any subject having to do with Smash is fair game, right now. It's far enough into development that a veteran developer would likely have most concepts set and ready to be programmed, tested, and fixed. At this point, I can't imagine anything drastic changing about the game, aside from the exclusion of a character because for whatever reason, the 3DS version rejects them.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Venks

I'm really hoping to see the Adventure Mode from Melee back. It had so much more replayability than Brawl's Subspace back and forth beat em up thing.

I stream Mario Maker and other Nintendo games! Check out my stream if you'd like to see me play your levels live!
http://www.twitch.tv/supertwou

Twitter:

OdnetninAges

I could be wrong, but could the lack of a Subspace Emissary-like Adventure Mode actually have sped up development? I mean, I know that the new games will have an Adventure Mode... We've already seen a screenshot of it in the 3DS version... But as far as I know, it's not on the same scope as SSE, and it won't have any heavy cutscenes. (It could still have cutscenes similar to Melee's very few cutscenes, but Melee's had very few, and they weren't really story driven at all.)

I mean, them making one game for Wii U and one for 3DS could also slow down development too, but I don't know.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Venks

I definitely think it sped up development. A lot of time would of had to of gone into SSE, but instead that time can be focused on actual game development. Sure doing two versions of the same game on different platforms isn't easy, but its not like they have to do extra concepting for each version.

I stream Mario Maker and other Nintendo games! Check out my stream if you'd like to see me play your levels live!
http://www.twitch.tv/supertwou

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic