Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,241 to 6,260 of 27,917

UGXwolf

On that, I think people are odd for assuming there will be a Smash bundle. I don't recall there ever having been a Smash bundle for any system before this. Maybe a deal to get Smash with the console from the store, but no Smash bundle. They're not just gonna go giving everything a bundle all willy nilly. That works splendidly for the 3DS because it's such a personal system. It doesn't go so well for a home console.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Snagrio

/shakes intensely

Well there goes several day's worth of sleep...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Randomname19

I will not watch the direct live.It will air at midnight where I live

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tsuchinoko

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

@CaptainSquid
If they would release it summer or fall, the game won't just disappear to holiday season.
I heard that holiday season argument a lot. Besides Smash of course.
They just have to advertise it more to this season that's all.^^

Now as far as the "holiday season" idea, are you guys just referring to the western release? With all of the other Smash games there was a bit of a gap, not a huge one though, just around 2-4 weeks. In japan the biggest release times are right before Golden Week, late April early May, and in summer before and during break in july and August. Those are the biggest vacations in japan. Winter has a smaller vacation but compared to many western countries the whole Christmas shopping isnt a huge deal.
Im trying to think what is the most likely and most ideal time they would release a huge game like this.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

A little note: expectations =/= hopes. Similarly, expectations =/= speculation. I merely speculate on possibilities, as I'm not afraid to think of them. Just because I don't get them doesn't mean the world will end, especially with Smash, as I practically guarantee that what I get will make me just as happy.

On that not, how about a penta-reveal of Chrom, Palutena, Lloyd Irving (with Pac as an assist trophy), King K. Rool, and Ridley? Now, THAT'S being unreasonable!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Budda

@Tsuchinoko
A lot people assume that all big games have to be released in that time, no matter where the games come from.
Or.. I don't really know why they thinking like this. As if the game get better sales if it get released in that time. As I said, they just have to advertise it in that time. That's all.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Tsuchinoko

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

@Tsuchinoko
A lot people assume that all big games have to be released in that time, no matter where the games come from.
Or.. I don't really know why they thinking like this. As if the game get better sales if it get released in that time. As I said, they just have to advertise it in that time. That's all.

In japan and most asian countries we don't have that thinking, thats why, i just want to enter that into the conversation. I remember back this past Christmas some people in the forums were saying about how the "holiday shopping season" was going to help the WiiU out of its rut. I had to tell them Christmas in many countries outside of North America and Europe don't have that same meaning.

Anyway, even if it is released in August, when basically everyone under the age of 18 is on break from school and even many adults have a small break, it will be released in the west a bit later. NoA and NoE will release it when has the best chance for optimum sales.

Uncle_Franklin

I think they will reveal some form of connectivity between the 2 titles.

Uncle_Franklin

Tsuchinoko

Guitardude7 wrote:

I predict:
-the official title will be revealed (C'mon it CAN'T be "for Wii U/for 3DS" that's just LAME)

-at least 3-4 new character reveals (it IS a Direct after all)

-details of adventure mode

-some information about online play

-release dates for both versions

-A surprise announcement that will catch us all off guard (it IS Sakurai after all)

I don't remember ever seeing anything that made it seem like that was a tentative title, but everyone seems to think it is. Why does it matter what the title is? If its generic people will just call it something like Smash 4 anyway.

Remember the Japanese titles have always been generic. So far we had Smash Bros., Smash Bros. DX, and Smash Bros. X.

Blast

This NEEDS to be amazing!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I predict:
-the official title will be revealed (C'mon it CAN'T be "for Wii U/for 3DS" that's just LAME)

-A surprise announcement that will catch us all off guard (it IS Sakurai after all)

I don't remember ever seeing anything that made it seem like that was a tentative title, but everyone seems to think it is. Why does it matter what the title is? If its generic people will just call it something like Smash 4 anyway.

Remember the Japanese titles have always been generic. So far we had Smash Bros., Smash Bros. DX, and Smash Bros. X.

But Super Smash Bros. Universe sounds a lot cooler than just "4".

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Blast

This is great.... but doesn't this mean that we're not getting a real E3 conference from Nintendo?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
People are gonna yell at them if they do it Direct style again

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Tsuchinoko

Rosalina wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I predict:

But Super Smash Bros. Universe sounds a lot cooler than just "4".

Does it? Using a word like universe or the previously rumored "memories" seems fairly random and not really connected to the game at all. Calling it Smash Bros. Universe would really add anything to it in my opinion.

19Robb92

Tsuchinoko wrote:

They confirmed these to be the official titles all the way back at last years E3.

I don't mind them. I like the little 'pun', Super Smash Bros for[4] WiiU/3DS. It has to be intentional.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tsuchinoko

19Robb92 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

They confirmed these to be the official titles all the way back at last years E3.

I don't mind them. I like the little 'pun', Super Smash Bros for[4] WiiU/3DS. It has to be intentional.

I thought so! Thanks for clarifying

Nintendo6400

The stream better not lag out like last time!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Rezalack

@Blast How would this lead you to the conclusion that they won't be making an E3 conference..? SSB is one game. They're going to announce Zelda Wii u as well as other games. You can bet that they're going to have an E3 conference this year, it'd be idiotic not to. They're going to talk about and possibly show off the QOL "stuff" as well.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Orngeblu

Guitardude7 wrote:

I predict:
It's already been confirmed by Sakurai, that is the official title. :I Sorry.
Yes, and so were the last two. :I
Hopefully, but doubtful!
I don't think so, but would be nice!
True story.

Bold, of course.

Edit: actually nevermind... apparently it'll be a Smash focused Direct, so perhaps your predictions could be right!

Can't wait, I want them to reveal all kinds of things! ;-;

But if anything, the direct might start off showing a character, probably just one, and then the rest being general things like gameplay, adventure mode, bla bla.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

2Sang

UGXwolf wrote:

A little note: expectations =/= hopes. Similarly, expectations =/= speculation. I merely speculate on possibilities, as I'm not afraid to think of them. Just because I don't get them doesn't mean the world will end, especially with Smash, as I practically guarantee that what I get will make me just as happy.

On that not, how about a penta-reveal of Chrom, Palutena, Lloyd Irving (with Pac as an assist trophy), King K. Rool, and Ridley? Now, THAT'S being unreasonable!

All i want is goku, mickey mouse, master chief, popeye, Raptor Jesus, pichu, cloud strife, parappa the rapper, Tetris blocks, and Deryck Whibley revealed tomorrow. That and how SSB4 will hook up with Playstation All Star Battle Royale. I'm expecting a roster of 300 characters not including unlockables.
That's not being too unreasonable is it?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Orngeblu

Pfft, I don't even get disappointed- Well, actually, I did when I first saw WFT, but I'm totally gonna play her now, for fun. (Maining fox tho)

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic