Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,221 to 6,240 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

If there's a newcomer announced in this Direct, which seems pretty likely, who would it be?

Im under the impression that there will beat least 2-3 characters, with one of them being a newcomer, and at least one new stage per version. I can't image that a direct being announced this way so far along in development wouldnt bring us a lot of new info.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

@Tsuchinoko: Yeah, especially considering March went by without a single character reveal, I can definitely see a newcomer and a couple of veterans being announced or some other combination. Still, there should be other new stuff too, like more new stages, items, and character moves.

Oh yeah, im sure the main thing will be a gameplay trailer, with plenty of items, stages, some character reveals and other goodies. Im hoping for a little music reveal as well.

Oh, and a release window!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

I'm gonna go out on a bit of a limb, here, and say that Chrom and Lucina will both be announced, but Lucina will just be a skin for Marth. They're also going to reveal Falco and/or Wario. Just my guesses.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

I predict a lot of veterans being shown off like Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Falco. Also either Magnus or Palutania are going to be announced or maybe Baby Bowser.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

I'm going to guess that the Direct will showcase...

• A summary of some of the things we've seen in the Pics, except we'll see them in motion.
  • A couple character Final Smashes.
  • A couple of veterans with maybe a newcomer (I'm guessing Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus).
  • A 1-minute Free-4-All match. The old Smash Dojo did this at some point in its development.
  • Maybe some footage of modes like Classic mode, etc. (or maybe it's too early for that...)

Not actually expecting all of that. I'm sure the Direct will be good anyway.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

19Robb92

I hope they announce a character no one can predict. Like with WiiFit trainer. Love it when that happens.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

May_Nyan

I predict Palutena will finally be shown

May_Nyan

DreamyViridi

19Robb92 wrote:

I hope they announce a character no one can predict. Like with WiiFit trainer. Love it when that happens.

Calling it now, Andy from Advance Wars.
Seriously, I see some potential there.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

vonboy89

Would also be cool if they showed a complete match or two. It's it a whole mini-direct focused on Smash Bros., it should give them a few minutes to set aside for that.

Would also be cool if it was a online fight, that shows how that's going.

Sakurai: "Please excuse me for a few minutes. I really feel like kicking Reggie's donkey right now"

Edited on by LzWinky

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Jazzer94

SAKURAI needs to announce Tingle I can only imagine the reactions on miiverse.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

I don't think we'll hear anything about the online until really late in development. That's already something that gets set up late in development for games that center around online functionality, like CoD and Battlefield, and Smash is still going to mostly be a local multiplayer game, methinks, even if we use it more often online.

I would also like to suggest that we hope for a tighter release window, like early Fall 2014 or some such?

2Sang

My guess is that it will be roughly 10 minutes long, and 5 minutes will be filler/giving a history of the franchise. I bet we see 1 or 2 new characters and 2 or 3 veterans. Also, Sakurai hasn't revealed his magic yet as to what is going to make this Smash a different game. Perhaps the customization concept will be explained.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

FriedSquid

UGXwolf wrote:

I would also like to suggest that we hope for a tighter release window, like early Fall 2014 or some such?

If Nintendo is smart they will release this during the holiday season, so hopefully around that time.

I was going to say that Chrom will probably be revealed, but I think it would make more sense to reveal him on the 19th for the one-year anniversary of Awakening in Japan. I think somebody unexpected will show up this time, but I don't know who. I'm hoping for a real shock again, like Villager or Little Mac.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

UGXwolf

@2sang I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or if you're just really, REALLY lacking in the hope department. We're getting a Direct based on Smash! Quit bashing everyone's dreams and let the joyful speculation begin!

@CaptainSquid I'd be ok with that, except, you know, there doesn't appear to be anything to fill the gap between now and then. Obviously some stuff will be revealed at E3, but if we aren't getting a release schedule to rival last Fall's, I severely advise an earlier launch than that. Besides, I still have a sneaking suspicion that Winter 2014 will be Zelda territory.

Edited on by UGXwolf

citizenerased

I'm hoping for a new mode / something to set it apart, personally.

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Uncle_Franklin

Jazzer94 wrote:

I predict a lot of veterans being shown off like Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Falco. Also either Magnus or Palutania are going to be announced or maybe Baby Bowser.

I think Bowser Jr would make more sense than Baby Bowser.

Uncle_Franklin

Pit-Stain

I don't know the possibilities, but I want for Sakurai to announce the release date. If he'd announce a newcomer, I'd like it to be Palutena.

Pit-Stain

ZurrrrBlattTron

Wayyyy More hyped for this then I ever was for that Pokemon x and y direct I'm hoping for 2 newcomers and one veteran of those newcomers I would fangirl for Pretty Palutena but anyone would really do :3

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Budda

@CaptainSquid
If they would release it summer or fall, the game won't just disappear to holiday season.
I heard that holiday season argument a lot. Besides Smash of course.
They just have to advertise it more to this season that's all.^^

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic