Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,201 to 6,220 of 27,917

Caryslan

2Sang wrote:

I'm officially bored with updates. Come on Sakurai, give us something new.

This is a major change to a veteran's move that they have had since Smash 64. I would consider that pretty new. Personally, I'm glad he's going back and tweaking the moves of veterans.

The changes to Thunder are interesting, and gives Pikachu more options with it then he ever had.

As for the updates, I have not problem with them. In the past month, we've seen numerous stages, items, and other stuff revealed. I know people are chomping at the bit for a new character to be shown off, but we're not going to get that every day. And the updates for the levels and new items are pretty interesting. As are any changes to veteran move sets like Pikachu's Thunder and the possibility of Luigi getting a new Final Smash.

Caryslan

Caryslan

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Really. This is the first time in forever that I like this update just for the gameplay mechanics.
Pikachu's Thunder was so annoying.. This time being a meteor smash takes skill to K.O. opponents.
For example has a Pikachu player to be outside of the arena to meteor fighters and has to make sure that he get's back on the stage at the same time. (Unless his enemy got 1 stock left and will finish the game.) What I am trying to say. A normal meteor is one thing, but trying this with thunder.. I imagine that will be pretty hard. And the question is - are you able to use the recovery move or even jump(if you got one left), or do you need to touch the ground before it recovers your attacks after using thunder?(What I highly doubt, but you never know^^)

One trick I can see Pikachu players trying is Thunder off stage to score a Meteor Smash,, especially against oppoents that have worse recovery. So, get ready for Pikachu players to start chasing people off stage, and using Thunder to Meteor Smash them downward.

Now, if its a weak Meteor Smash, then that stragey may now work. But if it has any kind of power behind it, expect a new breed of cheap Pikachu play. Its nice that Pikachu can no longer Thunder people off stage, but this might have given him more tricks.

One thing I am curious about is if the Meteor effect remains after Thunder is reflected. Say, if both Pikachu and Fox are in the air, and Fox reflects it, does Pikachu get knocked downward?

Caryslan

MrWalkieTalkie

I don't get why peaople are saying that we haven't gotten anything new revealed in the Pic of the Day in forever. These past few weeks have been filled with non-stop new stages, new items, new moves, new mechanics, and new assists. Are the only things that counts as "new" are the characters?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Bigtime

I'm in the boat of the daily screenshots boring me now. They were fun at first but I'm really just waiting for a release date at this point.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Orngeblu

Oooomg, now I can punish stupid people who don't dodge after I Up Smash them to Thunder even more! O:

(But really, this makes me wanna test Utilt to Thunder combo now)

Caryslan wrote:

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Really. This is the first time in forever that I like this update just for the gameplay mechanics.
Pikachu's Thunder was so annoying.. This time being a meteor smash takes skill to K.O. opponents.
For example has a Pikachu player to be outside of the arena to meteor fighters and has to make sure that he get's back on the stage at the same time. (Unless his enemy got 1 stock left and will finish the game.) What I am trying to say. A normal meteor is one thing, but trying this with thunder.. I imagine that will be pretty hard. And the question is - are you able to use the recovery move or even jump(if you got one left), or do you need to touch the ground before it recovers your attacks after using thunder?(What I highly doubt, but you never know^^)

One trick I can see Pikachu players trying is Thunder off stage to score a Meteor Smash,, especially against oppoents that have worse recovery. So, get ready for Pikachu players to start chasing people off stage, and using Thunder to Meteor Smash them downward.

Now, if its a weak Meteor Smash, then that stragey may now work. But if it has any kind of power behind it, expect a new breed of cheap Pikachu play. Its nice that Pikachu can no longer Thunder people off stage, but this might have given him more tricks.

One thing I am curious about is if the Meteor effect remains after Thunder is reflected. Say, if both Pikachu and Fox are in the air, and Fox reflects it, does Pikachu get knocked downward?

That depends on how low you are though, and how low they recover. If they recover really low, it most likely won't work maybe unless you go near blast zone. :/

Also, the reflect thing won't work since the Meteor Smash is only at the beginning of the thunder, and the cloud is a fixed distance away when Pikachu uses it, there's no way Pikachu can get up there whilst using Thunder.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Nintendo6400

I think that's fake.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Budda

Wasn't it already confirmed that he got mixed up with Playstation All-Star or something? :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

cookiex

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Wasn't it already confirmed that he got mixed up with Playstation All-Star or something? :3

That's impossible since he didn't do Raiden's voice there either.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Tsuchinoko

The update is a bit later than usual. Oh the tension.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

Thats not all though! Smash bros direct on the 9th!

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi

That's not the only new thing posted on the Smash site.
Everyone brace yourself for April 8th, there's going to be a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct that day!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pit-Stain

Isabelle looks cute. Can't wait for Smash Direct! Hype overload!

Pit-Stain

May_Nyan

Isabelle is an assist trophy who gives out fruits, I think.
<3

Edited on by May_Nyan

May_Nyan

Tsuchinoko

DreamyViridi wrote:

That's not the only new thing posted on the Smash site.
Everyone brace yourself for April 8th, there's going to be a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct that day!

Looks like i barely beat you there. Of couse the directs will be the same time, so 8th in NA and EU, and 9th in japan.

Cant wait!

Tsuchinoko

Eww, its at 7am japan time.

19Robb92

Really nice that we're getting a SSB focused Nintendo Direct. Can't wait to see it!

There has to be a newcomer announced in that one in combination with a new trailer. Or better yet, announced and then showcased by Sakurai himself playing.

I really want some info on either the online mode or some other mode in the game as well.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic