Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 27,917

Pootypie

Dupree520 wrote:

Pit, Pac-Man, Mario,...
Horrible choices!
Let's replace them with Goku, Bart Simpson, and Big Bird.

They... are not even in Nintendo games...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Pit, Pac-Man, Mario,...
Horrible choices!

They... are not even in Nintendo games...

Technically, all three of those characters have appeared in games on Nintendo consoles. That doesn't make them video game characters, though, and it's a joke anyway.

Goku isn't a video game character; He's a character that has BEEN IN games and nothing more, and that alone should disqualify him from being in Smash Bros. in any way. Of course it would be neat to see him fighting the likes of Mario and Donkey Kong (officially), but it will never become a reality (again, officially). A lot of things would be neat to see, but it doesn't mean they'll happen.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Randomname19

It would have been better if they used Andross's face from Starfox 2 instead of using again the same one:
Untitled

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Tsuchinoko

I really prefer the one they're using

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

8BitSamurai

Dupree520 wrote:

Pit, Pac-Man, Mario,...
Horrible choices!

I agree only if Superman, Batman, and @ogo79 make it in as well.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

UGXwolf

@Blast Your entire argument is rendered silly by the fact that Villager is a playable character in this game. If they can make a move set for Villager, they can make a moveset for just about anyone. And Palutena has plenty to choose from. How about the Wolf Claws she used in "Palutena's Revolting Dinner?" Or any of the magic spells from the only time you ever see her fight in game? There are so many fun banter options they could have between Pit and Palutena.

The only argument I see working here is "but Nintendo has so many more popular franchises that could use this spot first."

To which I say. What franchises? Metroid? Ridley's the only character left for that one that makes any sense, and frankly, he's just better off as a boss. Donkey Kong? Who says we won't get Dixie or K. Rool as playable characters? Who says the other won't be an assist trophy? Who says we won't have a stage based on Tropical Freeze. DK will most likely get its due. Poke'mon and Mario have enough reps in Brawl, as it is, and I doubt we'll see them downscale the roster size for Poke'mon reps. Zelda has plenty of representation, and we're seeing items out the wazoo from it, too!

So what's left? F-Zero? Mother? Don't make me laugh. These are great series that haven't seen a new installment in far too long. Palutena is just as deserving of a spot and just about anyone you could throw at me that isn't already guaranteed. Especially considering we've seen Viridi and Phosphora, but not a single trace of Palutena other than a statue in the background. Palutena could easily be a character or an assist trophy. Make her a character, make Magnus an Assist Trophy, add in more KI:U trophies, and you have yourself plenty of Kid Icarus representation.

MEANWHILE, BACK ON TOPIC!

I don't know how I feel about Andross returning. Never really like him as an AT. More annoyed me than anything else, but I suppose that's why you can turn of AT's in the items menu, isn't it?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

So, I'd like to bring something back up, real quick, since I saw a post like this in another thread and going back and forth there would be both off-topic and a waste of time.

This topic is actually very central to the Smash discussion, thus far, as it could mean a year's worth of difference in release dates.

Now, my take on the topic is simple. I don't know where this silly idea came from that the Wii U version would launch first, but it makes about as much sense as drinking a barrel full of jelly beans. First off, it is not Sakurai's job or responsibility to see the Wii U do well. It's his responsibility to see Smash 4 do well. Second, you do realize the Wii U version is in HD, right? As in... takes a while to render and correct HD? As in, tends to push Nintendo release date estimates back HD? Yeah. That HD. Do you know what's not in HD? The 3DS version. If EITHER game is coming out first, it'll be the 3DS version, hands down.

Again, Sakurai has no reason to bring the Wii U version out first. Even if people's deepest fears come true and the 3DS version soaks up all of the Wii U sales, Smash 4 still did well, and Sakurai has no reason to complain. Even so, I don't know a single person--NOT ONE--that has said to me, "you know? I don't really want the Wii U version. Despite the fact that a Pro Controller would be way better for this game than the 3DS controls and despite the fact that the Wii U version will look better, probably play better, and undoubtedly have way more content than the 3DS version, I want to get the 3DS version to save myself $20 on a game."

My point is, yes, the 3DS will inevitably steal some of the Wii U sales, but so what? Sakurai has no reason whatsoever to release the 3DS version later than the Wii U version. None. Honestly, we will probably see both versions launch in a short time frame. If not, the 3DS version will undoubtedly be first as it is the easier of the two to get onto market and on the more popular of the two consoles.

ZurrrrBlattTron

UGXwolf wrote:

So, I'd like to bring something back up, real quick, since I saw a post like this in another thread and going back and forth there would be both off-topic and a waste of time.

This topic is actually very central to the Smash discussion, thus far, as it could mean a year's worth of difference in release dates.

Now, my take on the topic is simple. I don't know where this silly idea came from that the Wii U version would launch first, but it makes about as much sense as drinking a barrel full of jelly beans. First off, it is not Sakurai's job or responsibility to see the Wii U do well. It's his responsibility to see Smash 4 do well. Second, you do realize the Wii U version is in HD, right? As in... takes a while to render and correct HD? As in, tends to push Nintendo release date estimates back HD? Yeah. That HD. Do you know what's not in HD? The 3DS version. If EITHER game is coming out first, it'll be the 3DS version, hands down.

Again, Sakurai has no reason to bring the Wii U version out first. Even if people's deepest fears come true and the 3DS version soaks up all of the Wii U sales, Smash 4 still did well, and Sakurai has no reason to complain. Even so, I don't know a single person--NOT ONE--that has said to me, "you know? I don't really want the Wii U version. Despite the fact that a Pro Controller would be way better for this game than the 3DS controls and despite the fact that the Wii U version will look better, probably play better, and undoubtedly have way more content than the 3DS version, I want to get the 3DS version to save myself $20 on a game."

My point is, yes, the 3DS will inevitably steal some of the Wii U sales, but so what? Sakurai has no reason whatsoever to release the 3DS version later than the Wii U version. None. Honestly, we will probably see both versions launch in a short time frame. If not, the 3DS version will undoubtedly be first as it is the easier of the two to get onto market and on the more popular of the two consoles.

I'm actually getting the 3ds version first then later on the Wii u version :3 I think they might come out at the same time hopefully

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

FishieFish

God I hated Andros so much in brawl.

"No one said you could touch."

ZurrrrBlattTron

FishieFish wrote:

Same ;-; what made him so stupid was you had to guess half the time who he would attack because he could hide behind stage backgrounds like hyrule temple ;-;

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

UGXwolf

@siconlol That kinda goes right with my point. Every time we talk about the separate versions, here, it seems everyone agrees that we're all probably getting both versions, anyways. Mind you, this /is/ a Nintendo fan forum, but that doesn't mean the general public will have a much different representation.

Adam

Dang, Andross. We'll never defeat him.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Wheeler

FishieFish wrote:

Really? His attacks were easy to dodge.

Wheeler

Snagrio

ShadowFox254 wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

Really? His attacks were easy to dodge.

I concur. The only way he poses a serious threat is because it's hard to tell just where exactly the tiles are when they get into the foreground. That and disappearing behind certain stages completely as mentioned before.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

UGXwolf wrote:

The reason there's a huge Palutena push and little to no support for Magnus is pretty obvious, if you've played KI: U. Palutena is almost always there. Seriously. She's almost always talking to you and filling dull moments with amusing banter. Magnus shows up two? Three times tops? Magnus may be really cool, but Palutena is just so much more prominent. Not to mention, if you've ever seen the anime shorts, she's actually a pretty cool fighter, too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone considers her undeserving. She serves as at least half of the reason I like KI: U so much.

^ this

I started believing Sakurai can make a good moveset for anyone after the most recent character reveals. I didn't want little mac, he surprised me. You can't say Palutena has no material in the Kid Icarus games, to use as her moveset. (or the anime, revolting dinner is the only one I watched) And saying she doesn't deserve a spot is bull.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

OdnetninAges

8BitSamurai wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Pit, Pac-Man, Mario,...
Horrible choices!

I agree only if Superman, Batman, and @ogo79 make it in as well.

I agree too, but only if @LordJumpMad and @GuSilverFlame make it in as well, with Iron Man and @Gioku as assist trophies.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

camerica1618

I gotta be honest. I was kinda hoping that a new Direct would be announced for tomorrow. Oh we'll. At least the pic today was cool.

camerica1618

UGXwolf

Nah. I didn't expect a Direct too much, this month. But hey! Early next month. I feel it coming.

camerica1618

I sure hope so. I don't want to be greedy, but it's kinda hard for me personally to keep the hype up when there's such a gap in between significant announcements or updates.

camerica1618

Mine01

camerica1618 wrote:

I sure hope so. I don't want to be greedy, but it's kinda hard for me personally to keep the hype up when there's such a gap in between significant announcements or updates.

Im waiting to e3 to aboard the hype train.

Mine01

3DS Friend Code: 5000-3484-9808 | Nintendo Network ID: soakedmine

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic