Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,021 to 6,040 of 27,917

Jazzer94

randomlypikachu wrote:

since its the current subject, why does it seem like a good chunk of people are pushing palutena, yet magnus (who honestly seems like a good fit for something like smash bros.) barely gets mentioned as having a chance at all? and gaol ... has anyone even considered gaol being in it? o.o

The only reason I can think of is that Smash already has a bunch of sword fighters.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Tsuchinoko

Jazzer94 wrote:

randomlypikachu wrote:

since its the current subject, why does it seem like a good chunk of people are pushing palutena, yet magnus (who honestly seems like a good fit for something like smash bros.) barely gets mentioned as having a chance at all? and gaol ... has anyone even considered gaol being in it? o.o

The only reason I can think of is that Smash already has a bunch of sword fighters.

Everyone says this, but does it really? Currently we have three right? Link, Toon Link, and Marth. There is the inevitable second FE rep which would put us at for. The current number of characters that use a gun or blaster is the same number, three with Samus, Megaman, and Fox. I highly doubt that they'd reduce the number of reps, especially for the big franchises, which would put us at four or five depending on whe our Star Fox reps are.

Of course there are magic users (Zelda, Lucario, and Pikachu, and our Mother reps), or you could group characters that use their fists (Donkey Kong, Little Mac, Villager, etc).

I honestly disagree that a character wouldn't get put in at this point based on anything. Its all totally still up in the air guys.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

UGXwolf

The reason there's a huge Palutena push and little to no support for Magnus is pretty obvious, if you've played KI: U. Palutena is almost always there. Seriously. She's almost always talking to you and filling dull moments with amusing banter. Magnus shows up two? Three times tops? Magnus may be really cool, but Palutena is just so much more prominent. Not to mention, if you've ever seen the anime shorts, she's actually a pretty cool fighter, too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone considers her undeserving. She serves as at least half of the reason I like KI: U so much.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

The reason there's a huge Palutena push and little to no support for Magnus is pretty obvious, if you've played KI: U. Palutena is almost always there. Seriously. She's almost always talking to you and filling dull moments with amusing banter. Magnus shows up two? Three times tops? Magnus may be really cool, but Palutena is just so much more prominent. Not to mention, if you've ever seen the anime shorts, she's actually a pretty cool fighter, too.

I honestly don't understand how anyone considers her undeserving. She serves as at least half of the reason I like KI: U so much.

Oh, come on... Palutena is cool and all but a fighter for Smash? Nah, I don't think so. Give that to someone more deserving.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Wheeler

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh, come on... Palutena is cool and all but a fighter for Smash? Nah, I don't think so. Give that to someone more deserving.

Who you have in mind to represent Kid Icarus other than Pit?

Wheeler

Blast

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Who you have in mind to represent Kid Icarus other than Pit?

@ShadowFox254 Pit is the only guy who should be represented as a fighter, in my opinion. DARK PIT can be a alternate costume.

Master of the Hype Train

Rezalack

Blast wrote:

Oh, come on... Palutena is cool and all but a fighter for Smash?

That is how I feel about at least 1/4 of the characters in SSB. Zelda coming to mind instantly. They manage to make it work. I'd much rather have Palutena over characters like Pac-Man or Mii's. She has much more character and if they can give her a cool fighting style, I'm all for it. Just look at Rosailina. If someone told me she was going to be a fighter, I'd say no way.. but the second she was introduced fighting with Luma, I was instantly interested. That's my two cents on the subject. Heck, earliar in this thread I was against Palutena, too, but after giving it some thought I think she is an alright choice. There are much worse options. I don't think there is any possible skill set they could give Pac-Man or the Mii's that would make me interested. They're just so plain and uninteresting.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Tsuchinoko

Spuratis wrote:

Blast wrote:

Oh, come on... Palutena is cool and all but a fighter for Smash?

That is how I feel about at least 1/4 of the characters in SSB. Zelda coming to mind instantly. They manage to make it work. I'd much rather have Palutena over characters like Pac-Man or Mii's. She has much more character and if they can give her a cool fighting style, I'm all for it. Just look at Rosailina. If someone told me she was going to be a fighter, I'd say no way.. but the second she was introduced fighting with Luma, I was instantly interested. That's my two cents on the subject. Heck, earliar in this thread I was against Palutena, too, but after giving it some thought I think she is an alright choice. There are much worse options. I don't think there is any possible skill set they could give Pac-Man or the Mii's that would make me interested. They're just so plain and uninteresting.

Yes!!!!!!! Exactly this! Internet five on my phone and too lazy to post that handprint pic, but yes, totally agree.

2Sang

I think Sakurai made Magnus so if he ever decides to go back to kid icarus, he'll have something to work with. There's very little we know about magnus and he only appeared in 3 of the 25 or 26 chapters.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

Blast wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Magnus isn't deserving though. I'd say Hades is more deserving after Palutena.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Blast

So a few people are screaming for Goku to be in the game....
People think that since Bandai is helping with the development of the game that Sakurai will appreciate that.... and put one of the anime video game characters that Bandai works with in the game in SOME FORM.
Bandai makes many anime games like Goku, Naruto, etc....
Maybe Goku could be an assist trophy or the guy who runs Practice Mode in the game?
I used to think Goku being in the game would be really stupid... but now that I think about it....
SOMEBODY LIKE GOKU COULD PULL IN ALOTTA PEOPLE TO BUY THE GAME... JUST CUZ HE'S IN THE GAME IN SOME WAY.

Master of the Hype Train

Tsuchinoko

Blast wrote:

So a few people are screaming for Goku to be in the game....
People think that since Bandai is helping with the development of the game that Sakurai will appreciate that.... and put one of the anime video game characters that Bandai works with in the game in SOME FORM.
Bandai makes many anime games like Goku, Naruto, etc....
Maybe Goku could be an assist trophy or the guy who runs Practice Mode in the game?
I used to think Goku being in the game would be really stupid... but now that I think about it....
SOMEBODY LIKE GOKU COULD PULL IN ALOTTA PEOPLE TO BUY THE GAME... JUST CUZ HE'S IN THE GAME IN SOME WAY.

Yeah but the character is owned by Toei animation, not Bandai, and anyway...no

Blast

I'll put it like this.....
I think MANY people would prefer GOKU in this game in some form THAN freaking Pac-Man as a fighter.

Master of the Hype Train

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Wheeler

^Journey to the West... nice one.

Wheeler

linkismyhero

I wish Pit was never in Brawl...

Goomba for SSB4

I wanna see Kirby's Wii Fit Trainer form so bad.

SheldonRandoms

linkismyhero wrote:

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LzWinky

linkismyhero wrote:

I wish Mario was never in Brawl. He's too generic for me

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dupree520

Pit, Pac-Man, Mario,...
Horrible choices!
Let's replace them with Goku, Bart Simpson, and Big Bird.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic