Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,961 to 5,980 of 27,917

shinpichu

There's characters from the Tales series, most notably Lloyd.

There's also characters from the SC/Tekken series, but IIRC Sakurai shot down FG characters.

Other than that....Klonoa maybe?

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Tsuchinoko

I think pac-man would make a cool assist trophy

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Pazzo-TheFool

shinpichu wrote:

There's characters from the Tales series, most notably Lloyd.

There's also characters from the SC/Tekken series, but IIRC Sakurai shot down FG characters.

Other than that....Klonoa maybe?

Klonoa? No thank you. I'd rather have Lloyd, but I think we're getting Pac-Man.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

DreamyViridi

So, I found myself reminiscing at Brawl awesome soundtrack. listening to a few dozen songs! Brawl had a few returning music tracks from Melee, both original/unchanged or remixed. Anyone got any Brawl picks they'd like to hear back in Smash 4 (unchanged or remixed)? I'm sure a remix of Brawl's theme is bound to happen. Maybe something in vein to Brawl's Melee Menu homage...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Rezalack

So is there any word that the new SSB's will get the extra stages such as Hit the Target, timed levels, etc? I haven't played Brawl so I don't know if they were in that version either. I just remember those levels being pretty fun in the N64/Melee games.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

MegaStoneSmash91

I bet the Cucco works somewhat like the Soccer Ball from Brawl. It's an item that appears, but it can't be picked up. To activate it, it must be hit with an attack or another item. Maybe only once since hitting it multiple times like in the Zelda games would essentially make it too difficult to use effectively. Then more Cuccos would appear and run and jump around the stage. They would basically be small distractions that would annoy the other players, or perhaps even everyone. It would definitely be chaotic and interesting, and funny too. Between this supposed item, the Beetle, the Heart Container, and the bottled Fairy, we're going to be able to do some pretty neat Zelda-themed battles.

@Spuratis They were present in Brawl, but the Targets mode was somewhat lacking due to not having a separate one for each character. There's been no info about them yet, but there'd be no reason to not include them in the new games since they're staples of the series. Similar modes like Event Match, Home Run Contest, and Multi Man are also sure to return. I hope to see the return of Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

Whenever i try to image pac-man in the game fighting with the other characters its just so, awkward.

UGXwolf

Pac-Man has a pretty good chance of inclusion, but I just really don't want him to be playable. He'd be fan service, at best. No matter how good the character gets, I'd always be plagued by the obvious fact that they could've added a much better character.

On that note, in Brawl, they had one SEGA PC and one SEGA Assist Trophy. So one of each from Namco? I'd like to see Lloyd and Cless, but I'm practically a Tales fanboy. I would be happy with Lloyd as playable and Pac-Man as an Assist. Still, Cless being playable would be nice, and then Lloyd could be the Assist. You never know.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

If there were to be any Namco Assist Trophy (which I highly doubt) then I would want to see a Katamari Damacy character, either The Prince with a Katamari or The King Of All Cosmos. The Prince could roll around the stage and pick up the players, then maybe try to roll them off the stage. The King could probably fly across the screen and hit everyone, or maybe shoot Royal Rainbows at everyone... Actually, likely he would talk a lot like Resetti's Assist. It would never happen, though. I don't think Katamari is popular enough and the series has no representation on Nintendo consoles, but I can dream.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

shinpichu

WaveBoy wrote:

How so? Sakurai has already made it awkward enough with the inclusion of Solid Snake in SSB Brawl. Good to hear that he won't be making a comeback.

I assume you're making this remark in reference to the Kojima thing. I feel the need to remind you:

1. Sega said something similar wrt to Sonic in Smash prior to his reveal.
2. If he is in the game, then Kojima is likely under an NDA regarding any of his involvement. And even if he's not, it would be pretty rude for Kojima to just spill the beans on something in Smash without Sakurai's permission.
3. Kojima is a master troll.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

UGXwolf

shinpichu wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

How so? Sakurai has already made it awkward enough with the inclusion of Solid Snake in SSB Brawl. Good to hear that he won't be making a comeback.

I assume you're making this remark in reference to the Kojima thing. I feel the need to remind you:

2. If he is in the game, then Kojima is likely under an NDA regarding any of his involvement. And even if he's not, it would be pretty rude for Kojima to just spill the beans on something in Smash without Sakurai's permission.

This. All of this.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

This. All of this.

I completely agree. Snakes not out of the running yet. Japanese game developers, as well as tv and animation companies, are so tricky with all the secrecy amd toying with the audience.

I also want the music features back. I think brawl showed us that its just as important as characters and stages.

Jeremyx7

Anyone else want custom stage builder to return? But this time be that much more customizable? Like with added textures and backgrounds as well as being able to customize actually every detail?!? ^_^

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

luisesteban

DestinyMan wrote:

"Never bully Cuccos. Seriously, attacking them is out of the question! This has always been a cardinal rule of The Legend of Zelda series."

Untitled

luisesteban

Blast

Pac-Man is a icon but still.... the guy had his moment in the gaming industry.
Mega Man is still relevant... Pac-Man isn't.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

In all fairness, Pac-Man is still getting new games, unlike Mega Man...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

In all fairness, Pac-Man is still getting new games, unlike Mega Man...

Pac-Man's new games don't look good, though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

I wonder if the Cuccos worked like in Super Smash Flash 2... just an idea.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

SheldonRandoms

Perhaps they can put Pac-Man in the Mokujin mech that he used in Street Fighter X Tekken. But that would kinda defeat the purpose of him fighting sorta :I
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic