Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,921 to 5,940 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Dupree520 wrote:

What about if there was only 10 free spots left.
If there was only 10 more free spots on the character roster, who would be your top picks, with number 1 representing your highest rated pick,

Personally with my picks, I tended to lean towards characters that are main stays in Nintendo history, or main characters from series that have so far been left out (which isn't much). I have choosen icons that have been closely related to Nintendo in some way in the past, or just make the most sense to actually fit within the Smash community. Also the Third party characters I have choosen are all classic icons in nature, and feel would best fit within this series. I tended to stay away from characters that had just a one off with Nintendo, or any reason to pick them just because they had a game on the Nintendo system. If that was the case, you could virtually include anyone. I also stayed away from anyone that just seemed out of place, which is why I never really thought Solid Snake was really a good fit for Smash, in the same sense Master Chief, or Cloud, or Earthworn Jim would really fit well. Lastly, my take on Ridley as a playable character varies, as his size isn't comparable to even the biggest Smash characters. I've decided to leave him out for now.

10. Lolo/Lala (Eggerland)-- For my number 10 choice, this ones a bit odd, but its one of the last classic series in Nintendo/HAL history (Well mostly a HAL series, but very closely related to Kirby) to be represented in Smash in anyway, from a trophy to even a sticker. Also, since Masahiro Sakurai (previously with HAL) is developing the game, its surprisingly one of his very own major franchisees' that they haven't used what so ever. I also thought it may be a unique choice, as you could make it like a Ice Climbers type character with both Lolo/Lala, or they may even be able to get creative and just have Lolo as a solo character.

9. Mii-- I think this can be a very creative pick to go with. Since the Wii came out, Mii's have been a playable option for many of the games on the Wii system, and I think would be a another highly unique choice.

7. (Tie) Mr. Game and Watch/Ice Climbers-- 7th place tie goes to Mr Game and Watch, and Ice Climbers. I feel they both represent classic eras in Nintendo's history and I'd like to see them both continue in the Smash Series.

6. Bomberman-- Since HudsonSoft was bought out by Konami, and Wario having a cameo in Bomberman for the GB, I thought if Nintendo is going to borrow from Konami, Bomberman might be a good choice. Besides, who wouldn't want to see Bomberman in the mix with Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. Although, I will say his move list might turnout thin.

5. Pac Man-- A staple icon in gaming history, and what else is there to say, Namco is already part of the development team for Smash Bros. Like Sonic, Pac Man has also had crossover exposure with Mario. In this instance, in the Mario Kart Arcade series. Some may not like his new design, but you can't deny the relevance he would exibit within this game.

3. (Tie) Captain Falcon/Ness-- Two veterans that both represent their own major series for Nintendo, and both staples in the Smash Bros series. They may possibly be released as unlockable characters.

2. Simon Belmont-- In my mind, Simon should be the most wanted third party character. If your going to go back to Konami, forget Snake. Simon Belmont would be perfect for the cast of Smash Bros. And if he is considered, I hope, like Megaman, they use his classic design, not that emo, red haired, remake that they have currently representing in the series.

1. Captain N the Game Master-- I don't think there is a more perfectly suited character then Kevin Keene and his dog Duke, to be brought in for a mixed franchise series. What a better main character, to be used for in story mode.

Interesting list, although I wholeheartedly disagree with the whole Captain N thing

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Dupree520

DefHalan wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

If there was only 10 more free spots on the character roster, who would be your top picks, with number 1 representing your highest rated pick,

11. Shantae (Shantae) - Fantastic series which was very important to DSiWare being as big as it was. I know this isn't going to happen so I put it as 11.
10. Ganondorf (Zelda) - But only if he is completely redesigned. We don't need a Captain Falcon clone, I want to see some awesome mixtures of Magic and Sword attacks.
9. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) - Not important to me but I understand he is important to a lot of other people.
8. Meta Knight (Kirby) - He was awesome in Brawl.
7. Yoshi (Mario/Yoshi) - Awesome attacks and fun to play as.
6. Ike (Fire Emblem) - He was a very unique character for Fire Emblem and (outside of Japan) has been in the most Fire Emblem games, I believe.
5. Chrom (Fire Emblem) - Or is daughter but they are awesome characters.
4. Ice Climbers (ice Climbers) - One of my mains and a very important character to the Smash series in general.
3.Dillion (Dillion's Rolling Western) - His roll ability would allow for another character similar to Sonic, but possibly heavier. Nintendo seems to really want to make this series big and this could help.
2. Samurai (from Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword) - I think they could do some awesome rythem based combos, lose the rythem and you do less damage or something.
1. Krystal (from Star Fox) - could replace Falco as we already have a Male Good Guy from Star Fox.

I like Chrom as a choice, he seems to be pretty popular as well.
On that note what about Medeus? His final smash could be very creative...

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

SheldonRandoms

About that picture I posted, no, I didn't make it, I found it here.

I don't know if that person will ever update it when somebody/something else is revealed, so I (or somebody else) could just update it. I added in the missing Melee characters, just in case (and because @Dupree520 requested it ). What do you think about it?

Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MrWalkieTalkie

Dupree520 wrote:

Wow. This was surprisingly tough. I was hoping to add a few more newcomers to this list, but there's quite a good amount of characters from previous installments that haven't appeared yet. Really wanted to include Ice Climbers.

10. Meta Knight (Kirby) - With him, we have the main 3 Kirby characters together again. Just please change his moveset.

9. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) - Who wouldn't want him to return? He's become an icon to the series with his famous punch. And now we must see him go toe-to-toe with Little Mac!

8. R.O.B. - One of the most unique characters to have ever joined Smash, R.O.B. is beloved by many and certainly isn't a robot I see Nintendo ever forgetting seeing as even they continue to reference him every now and then.

7. Mallo (Pushmo / Pullblox) - It would be such an awesome and unexpected choice! Seeing him pushing characters across the stage would be hilarious, and he could finally strut those sumo moves of his on the battlefield!

6. Wario (WarioWare Inc. & Wario Land) - A long awaited character of mine who finally joined in the 3rd installment of Smash. So there's no way I want him going now after how long I've waited to see him join!

5. Ness (EarthBound / MOTHER) - One of the best and a perfect attendee! Many love EarthBound, especially now more than ever thanks to it's release on Wii U.

4. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch) - Another one of the most unique fighters, Mr. G&W is definitely sticking around.

3. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) - A childhood favorite and highly requested character. Seeing this little guy use his Chibi Blaster and his large assortment of household items in the ring would be an absolute dream come true!

2. Yoshi (Yoshi's Island) - One of my best and most favorite fighters. Yoshi is just an unforgettable guy that everyone loves!

1. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) - A bit of an unexpected choice, Dillon is a true fighter and is one of the best new characters in recent history despite 2 so-so games so far. He's got so much potential for not only Smash but his own franchise as well. I really hope Nintendo will use him more and more often!

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

DefHalan

Dupree520 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

11. Shantae (Shantae) - Fantastic series which was very important to DSiWare being as big as it was. I know this isn't going to happen so I put it as 11.
10. Ganondorf (Zelda) - But only if he is completely redesigned. We don't need a Captain Falcon clone, I want to see some awesome mixtures of Magic and Sword attacks.
9. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) - Not important to me but I understand he is important to a lot of other people.
8. Meta Knight (Kirby) - He was awesome in Brawl.
7. Yoshi (Mario/Yoshi) - Awesome attacks and fun to play as.
6. Ike (Fire Emblem) - He was a very unique character for Fire Emblem and (outside of Japan) has been in the most Fire Emblem games, I believe.
5. Chrom (Fire Emblem) - Or is daughter but they are awesome characters.
4. Ice Climbers (ice Climbers) - One of my mains and a very important character to the Smash series in general.
3.Dillion (Dillion's Rolling Western) - His roll ability would allow for another character similar to Sonic, but possibly heavier. Nintendo seems to really want to make this series big and this could help.
2. Samurai (from Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword) - I think they could do some awesome rythem based combos, lose the rythem and you do less damage or something.
1. Krystal (from Star Fox) - could replace Falco as we already have a Male Good Guy from Star Fox.

I like Chrom as a choice, he seems to be pretty popular as well.
On that note what about Medeus? His final smash could be very creative...

I still haven't beaten Fire Emblem Awakening, so I don't think I have seen that character lol
And when I finally do beat it, it will be the first Fire Emblem game I have beaten (even though I own and have played all of the US released ones)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Wow. This was surprisingly tough. I was hoping to add a few more newcomers to this list, but there's quite a good amount of characters from previous installments that haven't appeared yet. Really wanted to include Ice Climbers.

10. Meta Knight (Kirby) - With him, we have the main 3 Kirby characters together again. Just please change his moveset.

9. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) - Who wouldn't want him to return? He's become an icon to the series with his famous punch. And now we must see him go toe-to-toe with Little Mac!

8. R.O.B. - One of the most unique characters to have ever joined Smash, R.O.B. is beloved by many and certainly isn't a robot I see Nintendo ever forgetting seeing as even they continue to reference him every now and then.

7. Mallo (Pushmo / Pullblox) - It would be such an awesome and unexpected choice! Seeing him pushing characters across the stage would be hilarious, and he could finally strut those sumo moves of his on the battlefield!

6. Wario (WarioWare Inc. & Wario Land) - A long awaited character of mine who finally joined in the 3rd installment of Smash. So there's no way I want him going now after how long I've waited to see him join!

5. Ness (EarthBound / MOTHER) - One of the best and a perfect attendee! Many love EarthBound, especially now more than ever thanks to it's release on Wii U.

4. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch) - Another one of the most unique fighters, Mr. G&W is definitely sticking around.

3. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!) - A childhood favorite and highly requested character. Seeing this little guy use his Chibi Blaster and his large assortment of household items in the ring would be an absolute dream come true!

2. Yoshi (Yoshi's Island) - One of my best and most favorite fighters. Yoshi is just an unforgettable guy that everyone loves!

1. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) - A bit of an unexpected choice, Dillon is a true fighter and is one of the best new characters in recent history despite 2 so-so games so far. He's got so much potential for not only Smash but his own franchise as well. I really hope Nintendo will use him more and more often!

I love your list. I don't care much for R.O.B. but other than that awesome list.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dupree520

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Interesting list, although I wholeheartedly disagree with the whole Captain N thing

Really, why?

Dupree520

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Yea, I'm still hoping we get a release of Mother 3 and Mother 1+2 here in North America.

Tsuchinoko

Dupree520 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Really, why?

Its not a Nintendo property, its not even a gaming property. Wasnt made in japan, and i thing the character is actually owned by DIC, an American company. Just like the Mario and Zelda American animations, the stories arent cannon, and im glad they're not.

EDIT, ok, ill be an adult, i just looked it up, it does seem that the character is owned by Nintendo, but i feel as though the character has not been in a video game, I'd support a lot of other characters before him

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

19Robb92

Dupree520 wrote:

10. Ganondorf
9. Yoshi
8. Captain Falcon
7. Falco
6. NEWCOMMER: Chrom (From: Fire Emblem)
5. NEWCOMMER: Pac-Man (From: Pac-Man)
4. NEWCOMMER: Bayonetta (From: Bayonetta)
3. R.O.B
2. Zero Suit Samus
1. NEWCOMMER: Travis Touchdown (From: No More Heroes)

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tsuchinoko

19Robb92 wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

10. Ganondorf
9. Yoshi
8. Captain Falcon
7. Falco
6. NEWCOMMER: Chrom (From: Fire Emblem)
5. NEWCOMMER: Pac-Man (From: Pac-Man)
4. NEWCOMMER: Bayonetta (From: Bayonetta)
3. R.O.B
2. Zero Suit Samus
1. NEWCOMMER: Travis Touchdown (From: No More Heroes)

Really? I thought looking at your icon G&W would be on your list.

19Robb92

Tsuchinoko wrote:

While I like him, I never use him. If I had to only pick 10, I'll naturally cut the characters I personally don't use first.

DestinyMan wrote:

He actually looks like what he looks like in the Mario games!

Not really, other than the color scheme.
Untitled

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

DreamyViridi

Eh, still looks better and closer to Mario Bowser than Melee and Brawl's version.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Pootypie

19Robb92 wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

While I like him, I never use him. If I had to only pick 10, I'll naturally cut the characters I personally don't use first.

DestinyMan wrote:

He actually looks like what he looks like in the Mario games!

Wow I think the smash bros newest version is the best quality Bowser so far

Not really, other than the color scheme.
Untitled

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

PaperLucario

I'm going to guess this is an assist trophy, as much as I'd love for Toon Link to have some unique moves for once.

PaperLucario

Pit-Stain

This is awesome! I'm just gonna stay away from it as far as I can once it appears on the stage.

Pit-Stain

Randomname19

An assist trophy that attacks the summoner if he accidentally hits it?

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Azooooz

Oh, that chicken gives me the shivers. I accidently hurt it, and its friends swarm on me.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Azooooz

Oh, that chicken gives me the shivers. I accidently hurt it, and its friends swarm on me.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic