Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,901 to 5,920 of 27,917

DudeSean

With this game, I think anything is possible. Maybe Dr. Mario will return (in some form), maybe Ganondorf has been cut (he wasn't in the two newest Zelda games), I don't know, anything! Maybe Snake will be replaced by Raiden. But still no Ridley. Anything is possible but Ridley.

@DefHalan I expect Zero Suit Samus and Shiek to return. I guess Sakurai's waiting to unveil them for some reason. But, once again, who knows? Anything could happen. It is pretty interesting that he hasn't shown either of them yet.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

LzWinky

Technically Ganondorf was present in Link between Worlds (to an extent).

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SheldonRandoms

@DefHalan Could be, you never know. In brawl, Zelda and Shiek both shared the same character slot, so you could be on or the other first (in Melee, it was just Zelda in the slot).

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MrWalkieTalkie

Flying Mario better be a color swap like Fire Mario.
Untitled
I would use this color scheme EVERY time I play as Mario!

Also, @Austeroid, really? You can't believe that Capt. Falcon hasn't been revealed yet when he's very often been kept as one of the secret characters?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Tsuchinoko

Austroid wrote:

Still can't believe Captain Falcon hasn't been revealed yet...

Who made this picture? Its great! We should keep using it on this thead, at least every once in a while.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Dupree520

Maskeraid wrote:

I just want CF and snake back, then I'll have a trio of manly fighters to play around as(though I'll probably end up playing Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer more than anyone else). I know Snake is in limbo currently, but there's no possibility of the Captain getting cut since he's one of the fan favorites and there's the fact that his meme immediately makes people think "Smash Bros".

Why does Snake get brought up so much. I'd rather have a more classic character that works better in smash. If your asking for something from Konami, why not go for Simon Belmont?
Nothing really against Snake thou.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Dupree520

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Here's a picture showing all the characters that appeared in brawl (as well as the newcomers), showing who's been confirmed and who hasn't so far (as of February 21st).
Untitled

Can you add in the characters missing from Melee?

MegaStoneSmash91

@MrWalkieTalkie Totally agree. We need more awesome costumes like that. Fire Mario is hands down my favorite costume for Mario, and Flying Mario would also be a top pick. Speaking of which, I wonder when we'll actually see some color swaps. We've seen the male Wii Fit Trainer, but that's all for alternate looks so far. I hope there's going to be some great new ones.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Here's a picture showing all the characters that appeared in brawl (as well as the newcomers), showing who's been confirmed and who hasn't so far (as of February 21st).
Untitled

I really... do hope that... ROB comes back... PLEASE...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

PanicPuppet

@MrWalkieTalkie He was a starter in Melee. How do you know for sure he'll be a secret character again? It would be nothing but a tease to make him secret; especially since he's so well-known now.

I say none of the Smash 64 characters should have to be unlocked at this point, it was unnecessary in Brawl with Captain Falcon and Ness.

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

Kewlan

I just they add proper costumes...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

shinpichu

DefHalan wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

That is awesome. I have noticed that we have not seen Shiek (Which is kinda missing from that list) for SSB4 yet. Do you think they have changed Zelda's Down Special or have they just not shown her? Maybe Shiek will be her own character now?

Same with Zero Suit Samus

Sheik is likely back. Remember, Sheik was revealed long after Zelda in Brawl's development as well.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Adam

I'd prefer all the multi-character characters to be split up like Project M does, or at least make it easy to select which you want to start as without having to do some kind of secret button input. (Still don't understand why starting as Zero Suit is a secret.) It would be a rare situation where you'd have any specific reason to switch characters mid-match.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Dupree520

What about if there was only 10 free spots left.
If there was only 10 more free spots on the character roster, who would be your top picks, with number 1 representing your highest rated pick,

Personally with my picks, I tended to lean towards characters that are main stays in Nintendo history, or main characters from series that have so far been left out (which isn't much). I have choosen icons that have been closely related to Nintendo in some way in the past, or just make the most sense to actually fit within the Smash community. Also the Third party characters I have choosen are all classic icons in nature, and feel would best fit within this series. I tended to stay away from characters that had just a one off with Nintendo, or any reason to pick them just because they had a game on the Nintendo system. If that was the case, you could virtually include anyone. I also stayed away from anyone that just seemed out of place, which is why I never really thought Solid Snake was really a good fit for Smash, in the same sense Master Chief, or Cloud, or Earthworn Jim would really fit well. Lastly, my take on Ridley as a playable character varies, as his size isn't comparable to even the biggest Smash characters. I've decided to leave him out for now.

10. Lolo/Lala (Eggerland)-- For my number 10 choice, this ones a bit odd, but its one of the last classic series in Nintendo/HAL history (Well mostly a HAL series, but very closely related to Kirby) to be represented in Smash in anyway, from a trophy to even a sticker. Also, since Masahiro Sakurai (previously with HAL) is developing the game, its surprisingly one of his very own major franchisees' that they haven't used what so ever. I also thought it may be a unique choice, as you could make it like a Ice Climbers type character with both Lolo/Lala, or they may even be able to get creative and just have Lolo as a solo character.

9. Mii-- I think this can be a very creative pick to go with. Since the Wii came out, Mii's have been a playable option for many of the games on the Wii system, and I think would be a another highly unique choice.

7. (Tie) Mr. Game and Watch/Ice Climbers-- 7th place tie goes to Mr Game and Watch, and Ice Climbers. I feel they both represent classic eras in Nintendo's history and I'd like to see them both continue in the Smash Series.

6. Bomberman-- Since HudsonSoft was bought out by Konami, and Wario having a cameo in Bomberman for the GB, I thought if Nintendo is going to borrow from Konami, Bomberman might be a good choice. Besides, who wouldn't want to see Bomberman in the mix with Mario, Megaman, and Sonic. Although, I will say his move list might turnout thin.

5. Pac Man-- A staple icon in gaming history, and what else is there to say, Namco is already part of the development team for Smash Bros. Like Sonic, Pac Man has also had crossover exposure with Mario. In this instance, in the Mario Kart Arcade series. Some may not like his new design, but you can't deny the relevance he would exibit within this game.

3. (Tie) Captain Falcon/Ness-- Two veterans that both represent their own major series for Nintendo, and both staples in the Smash Bros series. They may possibly be released as unlockable characters.

2. Simon Belmont-- In my mind, Simon should be the most wanted third party character. If your going to go back to Konami, forget Snake. Simon Belmont would be perfect for the cast of Smash Bros. And if he is considered, I hope, like Megaman, they use his classic design, not that emo, red haired, remake that they have currently representing in the series.

1. Captain N the Game Master-- I don't think there is a more perfectly suited character then Kevin Keene and his dog Duke, to be brought in for a mixed franchise series. What a better main character, to be used for in story mode.

Edited on by Dupree520

DefHalan

Dupree520 wrote:

What about if there was only 10 free spots left.
If there was only 10 more free spots on the character roster, who would be your top picks, with number 1 representing your highest rated pick,

11. Shantae (Shantae) - Fantastic series which was very important to DSiWare being as big as it was. I know this isn't going to happen so I put it as 11.
10. Ganondorf (Zelda) - But only if he is completely redesigned. We don't need a Captain Falcon clone, I want to see some awesome mixtures of Magic and Sword attacks.
9. Captain Falcon (F-Zero) - Not important to me but I understand he is important to a lot of other people.
8. Meta Knight (Kirby) - He was awesome in Brawl.
7. Yoshi (Mario/Yoshi) - Awesome attacks and fun to play as.
6. Ike (Fire Emblem) - He was a very unique character for Fire Emblem and (outside of Japan) has been in the most Fire Emblem games, I believe.
5. Chrom (Fire Emblem) - Or is daughter but they are awesome characters.
4. Ice Climbers (ice Climbers) - One of my mains and a very important character to the Smash series in general.
3.Dillion (Dillion's Rolling Western) - His roll ability would allow for another character similar to Sonic, but possibly heavier. Nintendo seems to really want to make this series big and this could help.
2. Samurai (from Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword) - I think they could do some awesome rythem based combos, lose the rythem and you do less damage or something.
1. Krystal (from Star Fox) - could replace Falco as we already have a Male Good Guy from Star Fox.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic