Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,721 to 5,740 of 27,917

SomeBitTripFan

Jazzer94 wrote:

Tingle needs to be playable that is all.

Final Smash: Tingle Koolimpah
Effect: Characters run and commit suicide by jumping of the platform. Any character unlucky enough to now die is turned into a Tingle Clone, causing them to loose all of their stocks to Tingle.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

SheldonRandoms

All of the Super Smash Bros. rumors in a nutshell

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I honestly think Miciah is still the best candidate for a new Fire Emblem character. If anything, I think that Marth and Ike (and maybe Roy) would work fine, but Miciah would definately be the best, spoiler free, extreme deviation from the Blue-Haired Lord chain.

Absolutely no idea who that is. The western names are so different than the japanese ones. Is that a male or female character?

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SheldonRandoms

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

Ahh, not an awakening character, though she was in the dlc. A rare character where her western name isnt that far from her japanese name.

Im really thinking they're giving us an awakening character .

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Wut? Aren't all of those characters owned by Nintendo? Ok, so devs inside Nintendo's office didn't make Shulk, Isaac, King K. Rool, or (I think) Chibi Robo/Ray MK, but they're still considered Nintendo first party. Honestly, I don't see any reason these characters aren't possible. (Unlikely is another story.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SomeBitTripFan

@Tsuchinoko: I was simply saying I think she would be the best newcomer in terms of freshness. Radiant Dawn was almost completely skipped over by Brawl, so it's still a possibility. I can imagine putting any FE:A character in causing a riot, since the rest will want character X, Y, or Z and Chrom just feels like pushing the Blue Haired Lord trend too far. Maybe we'll see no one, or Roy will return.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

UGXwolf

Just a thought, but is it possible that Friday's screenshot is of the AC stage revealed for 3DS, earlier week, and the house is on the same plane the players are fighting on, so it's been opened up so you can see inside?

Tsuchinoko

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

@Tsuchinoko: I was simply saying I think she would be the best newcomer in terms of freshness. Radiant Dawn was almost completely skipped over by Brawl, so it's still a possibility. I can imagine putting any FE:A character in causing a riot, since the rest will want character X, Y, or Z and Chrom just feels like pushing the Blue Haired Lord trend too far. Maybe we'll see no one, or Roy will return.

Either way the Fire Emblem stage is from awakening, so its safe to assutme the character is as well. Chrom and Lucina are the main characters of that game, so theres high chance one of them will make it in.

19Robb92

Looks nice.

I hope he doesn't start revealing all the final smashes though. Would be nice if there were some surprises left once the game releases.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"That item that brings victory one step closer...the Smash Ball! Of course everyone wants it! Come to think of it, I haven't introduced any of the Final Smashes yet... Then again, if I introduced every single one, it'd take over a month's worth of posts."

I want to see what's Mario's new smash! Would be cool, I bet so.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

Well, we have seen Wii Fit Trainer's, Samus', and Little Mac's final smashes. However, I'm perfectly fine if Sakurai doesn't want to spoil the rest of them.

EDIT': There's also apparently more than 30 or 31 characters in the roster if there's more than the number of days in a month. Also, Luigi's face is funny.

I would hope there would be more than 30 characters

MegaStoneSmash91

The Smash Ball is looking excellent, and I can't wait to see what new and old characters alike will be able to do with it's power. However, seeing every single Final Smash in advance isn't quite what I'd want. Revealing all the confimed characters' Final Smashes wouldn't be the best idea. From Sakurai's wording on the pic, I don't think he plans to do this. Perhaps after the games are out he could put up some pics and descriptions of each on the website, though, as that would only make sense.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

faint wrote:

30 plus fighters confirmed!!!!!!

Brawl had 35, not including transformations. Anything less would be a downgrade

Kizzi

He doesn't post on weekends, so a months worth of posts would only be like 20 or so posts. Right about the amount of characters we have right now

3DS: 4081-5713-4255
wii: 0919 8248 3945 8359
Brawl: 3866 8155 2677
MK: 4167 4898 3288
excite bots: 1848 9258 6300

Jazzer94

The character roster is probably going to be 37 or very close 42 at most as Sakurai has stated before that the size would be similar to Brawl.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

My personal guess on roster size is 42. But that's just a guess. I could obviously be wrong. We do know that there are at least 24 characters, though, which would more than cover a month, anyways. So all-in-all, this pic tells us NOTHING new, but at least we see that the Smash ball hasn't really changed in appearance.

UGXwolf

Jazzer94 wrote:

The character roster is probably going to be 35 or very close 40 at most as Sakurai has stated before that the size would be similar to Brawl.

This is actually not what Sakurai said. What Sakurai said was something along the lines of not looking for a specific character amount. He stated that there was no upper or lower limit in mind with this game. Now, odds are it'll be similar to Brawl's, anyways, as he's stated that he doesn't want to add too many characters for no good reason. Not to mention the inevitable fact that the more characters we add, the harder it gets to keep the roster balanced.

Beyond this, 35 is a very unlikely number. As we already have five newcomers, we'd have to remove five characters from the roster, and while I can think of five the public might consider removable without any real trouble, I can also provide very solid arguments against three of them without any greater trouble than it took to name them. It'd also be illogical to think there won't be more newcomers as the number of newcomers hasn't gone down TOO much over the years. Five would've been the absolute minimum, with no more than ten being likely.

It's all speculation, of course. And for the sake of argument, let me list the five I think the public would argue would be kicked for that number of 35:

Snake
ROB
Ike
Wolf
Pkmn Trainer

If you've been reading my posts, you already know my argument for Wolf. If we were to cut a spacey for being too cloney, then Falco would be the one to cut. Not Wolf. Since Falco is still less likely to be cut, I'd argue Wolf likely won't be cut, either, as his playstyle is nothing like Fox's, in the first place. You may also be aware of my argument for Ike. Roy was removed because Ike was also a flame swordsman, and his moveset was very similar to Marth's. Would Chrom's moveset be so similar to Ike's that he'd be removed? Or Lucina's? Or any FE character they might add? No. Rather, I could see them not adding an FE character before removing Ike, though I will agree that's a bit of a jump in logic.

As for Poke'mon Trainer, I think his uniqueness is what seals the deal for him. There's really no player quite like him. He can cover all three main metas with just a downward push and a press of the B button. Or two. Or three, if the first one was unintentional. He can be a speedy damage-dealer, or a heavy-hitting KO character. He can even be a utility/defensive character, for the few people that even know how to use those. Removing him would be silly. On the other hand, repurposing him might be nice. But that would add another character, wouldn't it?

For that matter, removing Ike would be under the circumstance of another FE character being added, so you'd need to remove someone else, anyways. Wolf likely wouldn't be removed without adding Krystal, so I don't see how that would solve the problem, either. 35 is just extremely unrealistic, is all I'm saying.

Jazzer94

@UGXwolf He has been dropping hints in most interviews about the size of the roster remaining the same, getting a tiny bit bigger or even less but he has made sure not to mention any significant increase because that is not happening.

In addition to confirming that the tripping mechanic has been removed, Sakurai also touched upon the roster size for “Super Smash Bros. Wii U” and “Super Smash Bros. 3DS.”

Both titles will have the same character roster and this may lead to less characters than one would expect. According to Sakurai, due to limitations on the 3DS, the team has been forced to reduce some characters. Despite this, Sakurai promises that the development team is working hard to include as many characters as possible.

Second one is directly from Sakurai:

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS. So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree, but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic