Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,421 to 5,440 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

[quote=Blast]

Blast wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I'm glad Sonic is in the game... but does anybody uses him as their main?

raises hand[/quote

@OdnetninAges AWESOME

I main Zelda, with Lucas as my alternate.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

mamp

My friend mains with Sonic but he kinda sucks. I'm a pikachu user.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

DreamyViridi

mamp wrote:

...I hope you're not the type than spams Thunder!!
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MegaStoneSmash91

I don't really main anyone as far as I can tell. When I play Brawl, most of the time I pick Random. I like the surprise and it ensures I play a variety of characters, which I enjoy doing. That's not to say I haven't had my preferences. Basically, I have a group of characters I enjoy playing, a second group I like because of who they are or how they play, and a third group that usually includes characters I don't really like playing but will anyway if they happen to pop up. I can't say I hate any particular characters or anything, though, which is part of the reason I pick Random a lot. I never bothered to sit down and "learn" any characters. I played them, got familiar with all their moves, and went from there. The idea of learning specific techniques or combos never really interested me.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

SCRAPPER392

I usually only use Sonic on large stages. Bridge of Eldin is probably where Sonic is the best.

I main as Samus or Captain Falcon. My secondary mains are Link, Fox, and DK. After that is Ness, Kirby, and Luigi.

In otherwords, I have different sets of characters that I have about the same skill level with, but enjoy playing as my mains the most, obviously. I basically never even play some characters, but that's just my preference. I do better with the more human-like characters.

/rambling

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DreamyViridi

@Dark-Luigi - She is a good artist. :3
As for the main character discussion, I... don't really have a main either. I like playing as Mario, Luigi, Toon Link and Game & Watch but I'm good with anyone. I hope to continue what I had going in Brawl and be a 'Jack-of-all-trades' player. I can tell that I'll need to practice with Little Mac and Rosalina.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

UGXwolf

As if my mains weren't obvious enough from my comments, thus far...

Primary: Wolf O'Donell
Secondary: Ganondorf, Link, Marth, Bowser
Others I use enough: Ike, Toon Link, Captain Falcon, DK, Pit
Characters with whom I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn: Fox, Zelda, Ness, Lucas, Snake, Samus, any heavily ranged character or anything that uses magic, really.
Anyone else, I really don't think about all too often. I suppose I stink with most of them, but I don't play them enough to know for sure.

You've probably noticed, I gravitate towards villains, swordsman, ground characters, and slow characters. While there are some exceptions (can't play Snake to save my life) this just tends to be my play style.

On that note, I also play a lot of Wolf, Wario, Peach, Diddy, Ganondorf, and ROB, in Project M, but it's been a while since I've played that, I guess.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So we all know that at least 1 of the MOTHER/EarthBound characters will return. But the real question is: What stage would they have this time?

Actually, I think I thought more on what they could do for a MOTHER/EarthBound stage. Personally, I'm really sure that Lucas will return alongside the obvious Ness. But on the Wii U version, there will be a stage based on EarthBound, or MOTHER 2 as some would call it. And since the 3DS version is based on handheld titles, it's a perfect fit for the GBA game, MOTHER 3 to get it's own stage there.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

BandG

Guitardude7 wrote:

So this game has been in the public eye for several months and it's looking good, but I have two worries for both games.

1. The solo adventure mode will be watered down and boring. After the excitement SSE brought. I was very disappointed to hear Sakurai not bringing the deep story mode back. That was th best part of Brawl for me. I just hope SSB 4 Adventure Mode is jsut as fun as Melee's was at the very least.

2. Sakurai has yet to give me a valid reason to buy both versions. Throughout these past several months, Sakurai has shown some really impressive stuff for these games but the only difference between the two are the stages and the trophies. Why on Earth would I buy both the 3DS and Wii U version? Unless you're a completionist, there is no reason to. I understand that the 3DS is supposed to be the version where you customize your character and the Wii U is where you fight with it, but I have yet to see anything like this be revealed. At this rate, I'm worried that if Sakurai doesn't give some clear difference or properly shows of the connectivity between the two then the 3DS version is going to fly off the shelves while the Wii U version collects dust. I really hope Sakurai is planning something worthwhile with this feature.

Im thinking the Wii U version will released a month or two before hand so that the fans will have to buy the Wii u version if they want to play smash when it releases. And Wii U getting far more PotD it supports the fact. I'm sure the Wii U will have some big hook like a better story mode more music and other stuff to make people know the Wii U is the definitive Console to play smash 4 on, but i believe this will be shown at E3.

on a side note, I find it odd we haven't seen Assist Trophies in 3Ds Smash, or any items for that matter...

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

cookiex

While I don't see the two versions having different release dates, there's no doubt in my mind that the Wii U version will have by far the most exposure (as already the case with the PotD's and the trailers).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Orngeblu

My mains vary, a lot. I'll main a character for a month or so, then get interested in a different character and play that one for a month or so. Right now my main is Fox because I enjoy his technical play. c:

My most experienced character is Toon Link. Also, I'm thinking of maining Wii Fit Trainer some too, for fun. hehe

DreamyViridi wrote:

mamp wrote:

Untitled

That is a funny picture, nice one. xP

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

UGXwolf

I don't understand why people assumr the 3DS version will steal all the sales from the Wij U version. It's obvious the Wii U version will have better graphics, better online, way, way, WAY more content, and most importantly, will support a standard controller. I don't know a single person that thinks the 3DS is a good system to play Smash on.

Now I will be getting both versions because I'm usually not at home, but I'd much prefer the Wii U version. I'll get both so I can have luxury at home and practice on the go.

Shirma_Akayaku

Does anyone think that if you get both versions, anything you unlock (characters, stages, etc) in one of them will be unlocked in the other? Kinda like how Monster Hunter has like a data share between Wii U & 3DS.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

@Guitardude7 Wat? I'm pretty sure the controller preference actually /does/ weigh in, as most people I talk to are concerned the 3DS version might play awkwardly. In this forum, you can also see the Wii U version gets WAY more love, and chances are, the majority of gamers will ignore the 3DS version, considering it the port. The characters actually become quite arbitrary, after a while, anyways.

I understand your concerns, but I feel your fear is a tad misplaced. I'd be more worried that Sakurai won't give the 3DS version the love it deserves. After all, Kid Icarus, while an amazing game, was extremely awkward to play, even with the stand.

As for content, the Wii U's capabilities and those of the 3DS in terms of storage on the cartridge/disc are miles apart. forcing them to be as close as possible would be a waste of the Wii U's abilities. Even if Sakurai set out to make the games as similar as possible, I don't think they'll be very similar at all.

Shirma_Akayaku

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Rosalina Data share? That's a possibility. Sakurai said there will be interconnectivity between the two in some way. He's been quoted saying the 3DS will be more of a personal experience where you customize your fighter and can be taken to the Wii U version to be fought with. However there will be no cross platform play like there is in Monster Hunter.

That's exactly what I see happening. Since both versions have some stages that are the same, I could see them being unlocked easily. After all, If you could connect online (3DS Ver.) and transfer data (Wii U Ver.) this would be a big plus for me since I'll be able to unlock stuff on my own, so the game can be ready for local multiplayer on Wii U.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

OdnetninAges

@UGXwolf

It's simple: People who only have a 3DS will not buy a Wii U for Smash Bros. when there is one on 3DS with the same characters.
I have two friends who are only getting the 3DS version because they don't have a Wii U.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

UGXwolf

OdnetninAges wrote:

@UGXwolf

It's simple: People who only have a 3DS will not buy a Wii U for Smash Bros. when there is one on 3DS with the same characters.
I have two friends who are only getting the 3DS version because they don't have a Wii U.

Yes, but that seems more likely the exception than the rule. That's what the 3DS version is for, IMO: pulling in sales they may not have otherwise gotten. Besides, two friends, much like everyone I play Smash with, is hardly a good survey group. They're too small and far too biased to make a good argument. Even so, I just don't feel that the 3DS version poses a real threat to the Wii U version's sales.

OdnetninAges

UGXwolf wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@UGXwolf

Yes, but that seems more likely the exception than the rule. That's what the 3DS version is for, IMO: pulling in sales they may not have otherwise gotten. Besides, two friends, much like everyone I play Smash with, is hardly a good survey group. They're too small and far too biased to make a good argument. Even so, I just don't feel that the 3DS version poses a real threat to the Wii U version's sales.

To be clear, they aren't biased. They want a Wii U, but they can't afford one.

The same goes for me, but I know I'll have one by the time the games come out.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

mamp

DreamyViridi wrote:

mamp wrote:

Untitled

No I don't spam thunder, I got skillz.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic