Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,401 to 5,420 of 27,917

KingDunsparce

@MrWalkieTalkie I'd actually like a Saturn Valley stage. It could be inside the valley with all of the houses and things in the background, have that catchy Mr. Saturn music, and maybe some ledges of cliffs to jump on, so that the stage isn't completely flat. I think that would be pretty cool to see. I'm not sure whether Saturn Valley is in Mother 3 or not, though, since I haven't played it. If it is, the stage could represent Mother 2 and 3.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Tsuchinoko

Adam wrote:

I just want to see more stages like Smashville which are tame enough to be played without throwing the game to chance, but are still visually attractive and have something distinct about them (even if a moving platform is not the most fantastic example, it still adds a lot more to the stage's strategic options than might seem). That's not to say that I don't like the wacky ones (I particularly like Rainbow Cruise-type stages), but I like the ratio of normal stages to wacky ones to be in favor of normal ones.

Assuming Lucas is back in, I'd like to see a non-enormous stage from Mother 3. Tanetane Island (or whatever it was called) could provide some crazy background details, perhaps even having normal creatures walk around for part of the time, but then have a stage shift (a la the Metroid Prime stage or Fire Emblem stage) and then have them all change to the creepy things you see when you eat the bad mushrooms.

But since they tend to go with more emblematic stages when representing most characters, Tazmily would be cool. It, too, could work with a stage shift to represent time changing from the rustic town in the beginning to the more urbanized town it is toward the middle / end of the game.

it does seem as though Snake has replaced Lucas and Wolf as the character least likely to return.
As for a Mother 3 stage? Something like Oshe Castle with the zombies and ghosts or the Chimera Lab might work nicely. A burning Tatsumairi forest could work, or normal Tatsumairi village showing the changes between before the modernization and after? Theres lots of options. I'd honestly be happy with no new Mother stage as long as both Ness and Lucas made it in.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Adam

Each character always has a new stage, so if one makes it in, and I would assume Ness at least will since he's from the original, we should get a new stage, assuming past patterns hold. The Saturn Village suggestion is a good one. It was in Mother 3, as well, though it didn't look exactly the same.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Tsuchinoko

Adam wrote:

Each character always has a new stage, so if one makes it in, and I would assume Ness at least will since he's from the original, we should get a new stage, assuming past patterns hold. The Saturn Village suggestion is a good one. It was in Mother 3, as well, though it didn't look exactly the same.

Not every character has a stage, particularly if they are one of multiple reps for a series. There are also stages with no character for them, Hanenbow for example.
Like i say, im a huge Mother 3 fan, but if he is really on the edge of not being in the game at all i would rather he just be a rep for the Mother series the same way Jigglypuff is for pokemon. No special treatment but always on the roster.

I never get to talk to other fans of the game btw. Its funny how on Japanese sites users never really mention the game so much but they're all familiar with it. I se e quite a few mentions for Kumatora to be a third rep. I'd rather have Duster, but there are some...logistical reasons why he wouldnt work.

At this point i just want them both in. Thats my worry. As far as new characters im hoping for Chrom, Shulk, and maybe someone out of left field Prof Layton.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Joeynator3000

makes a Spongebob comment on Smash Bros. Miiverse Heh, gotta love it when most of the people on there think I'm serious. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SheldonRandoms

@Mizore You're not, but I thought you were DX

Also, I kinda did the same thing XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

UGXwolf

Moves changing entirely based on DI after activation? This is starting to get really interesting~

Also, @Tsuchinoko I was never under the impression Wolf and Lucas were the most likely to be removed. In fact, I even pointed out why Lucas being removed isn't very likely, at all. Snake, ROB, and Ike are still closest to the chopping block, IMO, though Wolf isn't too far behind them, I just don't feel that there's a reason to cut very many characters, at all.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Maskeraid wrote:

And people thought Mac would be generic. u_u

I know I said this before, somewhere, but I'll say it again, just to be safe. All Little Mac does is punch, punch, punch, punch, punch, dodge, punchpunchpunch, punch punch, dodge, dodge, punch. The reason this works is because something as simple as a punch can have so many variations.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Moves changing entirely based on DI after activation? This is starting to get really interesting~

Also, @Tsuchinoko I was never under the impression Wolf and Lucas were the most likely to be removed. In fact, I even pointed out why Lucas being removed isn't very likely, at all. Snake, ROB, and Ike are still closest to the chopping block, IMO, though Wolf isn't too far behind them, I just don't feel that there's a reason to cut very many characters, at all.

If you're right about that then you just became my new friend. I really hope he doesn't get removed. I also think t here's no real reason to cut many characters.

Confession time, i haven't played to many recent games, and there's a lot of Namco games i just dont know much about, so a lot of there recent stage and character requests are going over my head. I think besides playing tons of Monster Hunter and replaying Mother 3 and Fire Emblem, I think my only recent plays were the new Zelda (I picked that up and finished that first week), Luigis Mansion 2, and Super Mario 3D Land. I'm so far behind.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Details on Little Mac that aren't just in the 3DS version.
Untitled
"Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away."

Oh no, sounds like Marth's Dancing Blade move. I could never figure out how to use that correctly.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tsuchinoko

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away."

Oh no, sounds like Marth's Dancing Blade move. I could never figure out how to use that correctly.

It would be cool if more characters had combos like that. Imagine how it would work for charactersjlike Zelda or fox

Pazzo-TheFool

Tsuchinoko wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

It would be cool if more characters had combos like that. Imagine how it would work for characters like Zelda or fox

Who knows what we'll see next... after all, wasn't it like last week we got the Finishing-move thingy?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Tsuchinoko

Mask0Gears wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

It would be cool if more characters had combos like that. Imagine how it would work for characters like Zelda or fox

Who knows what we'll see next... after all, wasn't it like last week we got the Finishing-move thingy?

Thanks for correcting that. I hate smartphones

FriedSquid

Any ideas on new Pokemon for the Poke Balls? They probably will focus on adding Gen V/VI Pokemon mostly, and we already know we'll see Dedenne, Palkia (I'm assuming Dialga and maybe Giratina as well), and Xerneas (also, probably Yveltal too).

So far there's no indication of Zekrom or Reshiram, but I bet they'll be added too. Victini would probably offer something interesting as a Poke Ball, probably giving a random player a boost like invincibility. I'm wondering about what rare legendary could appear (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi in the past) that only gives Trophies/Stickers/CDs. Meloetta would be perfect for dropping CD's if they return as items. Maybe if the new unrevealed X/Y Pokemon (Volcanion/Hoopa) are available soon enough, they could be added to the game, but Diancie is probably going to be added. I've also forgotten, that Shaymin and Arceus weren't added in Brawl. Arceus would make an awesome Poke Ball.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Snagrio

CaptainSquid wrote:

Any ideas on new Pokemon for the Poke Balls? They probably will focus on adding Gen V/VI Pokemon mostly, and we already know we'll see Dedenne, Palkia (I'm assuming Dialga and maybe Giratina as well), and Xerneas (also, probably Yveltal too).

So far there's no indication of Zekrom or Reshiram, but I bet they'll be added too. Victini would probably offer something interesting as a Poke Ball, probably giving a random player a boost like invincibility. I'm wondering about what rare legendary could appear (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi in the past) that only gives Trophies/Stickers/CDs. Meloetta would be perfect for dropping CD's if they return as items. Maybe if the new unrevealed X/Y Pokemon (Volcanion/Hoopa) are available soon enough, they could be added to the game, but Diancie is probably going to be added. I've also forgotten, that Shaymin and Arceus weren't added in Brawl. Arceus would make an awesome Poke Ball.

Ferrothorn would be a simple choice. It could just stand in one place and cause a lot of damage to whoever touches it. Maybe use Spikes to spread around itself as well.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Henmii

"but I hope that this time around they make the Target stages specific for each fighter, like in Melee"

I agree!

"Board the platforms should also make a comeback"

Yeah, why not!

Henmii

2Sang

Neko_Chan wrote:

Hopefully we shall solve the mystery of Pra_Mai in the new game.

If you're inferring that they'll make the cut as characters, I doubt it, although they would have been really cool in brawl. Hopefully they will be a pokeball pokemon though if that's what you were saying.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Blast

I'm glad Sonic is in the game... but does anybody uses him as their main? XD Peach is my main!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

OdnetninAges wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm glad Sonic is in the game... but does anybody uses him as their main?

raises hand

@OdnetninAges AWESOME

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic