Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 28,771

FuzzyPickles94

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Capcom was interested in making a fighting game like smash bros with nintendo so it's possible. I also saw somewhere that sakurai said there would be a capcom character in the game.

Sakurai never said that a Capcom character would appear in the next game, but he did mention it as a possibility. But I will say that if we get a Capcom character, it'd be Mega Man.

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

zoroarkrules25

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

FuzzyPickles94

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

Bomberman is owned by Konami now.

I would also love to see Bomberman in the next Smash game. Unfortunately, Bomberman is dead and I don't think he's coming back, effectively killing whatever chance he may have (at least Capcom still acknowledge Mega Man's existence and don't seem to be opposed to having him in).

Edited on by FuzzyPickles94

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Snagrio

astarisborn94 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

Bomberman is owned by Konami now.

I would also love to see Bomberman in the next Smash game. Unfortunately, Bomberman is dead and I don't think he's coming back, effectively killing whatever chance he may have (at least Capcom still acknowledge Mega Man's existence and don't seem to be opposed to having him in).

Then again Capcom hasn't really done much for Mega Man lately. Do I even need to bring up Legends 3 and the "anniversary" they gave him?

But back on topic, Mega Man most certainly is one of, if not the, best choice for another 3rd party character. The other would be Pac Man, and that's mostly because of Namco-Bandi helping with development.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

astarisborn94 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Ah maybe that is what i was reading the other day. i do agree though mega man would be best or bomberman.( he is capcom right?) I would love to play as him in smash bros.

Bomberman is owned by Konami now.

I would also love to see Bomberman in the next Smash game. Unfortunately, Bomberman is dead and I don't think he's coming back, effectively killing whatever chance he may have (at least Capcom still acknowledge Mega Man's existence and don't seem to be opposed to having him in).

Bomberman was in Tetris Axis for 3DS, so he's not entirely dead. Besides, I'm sure we'll see a good Bomberman game in the eShop eventually.

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

If anything, I would have expected Bomberman before Snake.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kaeobais

SCAR392 wrote:

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

No, we don't need more Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Having Sonic and Snake is good enough. And Pac-Man is the only character who Namco should add. Ms Pac-Man would just be a clone, and the ghosts don't really make sense. If Mega Man is added, it'll just be him. We really don't need a whole bunch of characters from each company.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

SCRAPPER392

Kaeobais wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

No, we don't need more Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Having Sonic and Snake is good enough. And Pac-Man is the only character who Namco should add. Ms Pac-Man would just be a clone, and the ghosts don't really make sense. If Mega Man is added, it'll just be him. We really don't need a whole bunch of characters from each company.

How do you know Ms. Pac-man would be a clone? Blinky is pretty much required if Pac-man gets in the game.
Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic basically go hand in hand, and at least Raiden from Metal Gear.
You don't want them in the game or what?
This is all speculation, but these companies know it's good for their image to have a complete roster. We know who these characters are, so it's not like anyone would confuse which ones are Nintendo. That's the main problem with 3rd party guests is identity, which they don't have to worry about.
Raiden, but Snake didn't show up in PSASBR, and even Sonic didn't show up. I know they're different companies, but Sega and Konami probably have a deal with Nintendo regarding those characters. Even Heyaichi Mishima was in PSASBR, and Pacman would replace him for Smash Bros, because he is more fitting for Nintendo characters.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

zoroarkrules25

My guess is pacman is most likely for 3rd party or a teken character, geno because he is still a mario character, and megaman since capcom likes working with nintendo. I hope all 3 or 2 out of the 3 are playable. Namco said they will let fans decide if their characters should join so they may have them. I can't wait to see how their expertise helps the game's design.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Snagrio

SCAR392 wrote:

Kaeobais wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

No, we don't need more Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Having Sonic and Snake is good enough. And Pac-Man is the only character who Namco should add. Ms Pac-Man would just be a clone, and the ghosts don't really make sense. If Mega Man is added, it'll just be him. We really don't need a whole bunch of characters from each company.

How do you know Ms. Pac-man would be a clone? Blinky is pretty much required if Pac-man gets in the game.
Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic basically go hand in hand, and at least Raiden from Metal Gear.
You don't want them in the game or what?
This is all speculation, but these companies know it's good for their image to have a complete roster. We know who these characters are, so it's not like anyone would confuse which ones are Nintendo. That's the main problem with 3rd party guests is identity, which they don't have to worry about.
Raiden, but Snake didn't show up in PSASBR, and even Sonic didn't show up. I know they're different companies, but Sega and Konami probably have a deal with Nintendo regarding those characters. Even Heyaichi Mishima was in PSASBR, and Pacman would replace him for Smash Bros, because he is more fitting for Nintendo characters.

If Blinky, or any of the ghosts, were in the game it would most likely be in the form of an Assist Trophy. And anyway, I seriously doubt there will be more then two or three more 3rd party characters. In fact that's how I hope it is. After all, it wouldn't feel like Smash Bros. if there were a bunch of non-Nintendo people in the roster.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SCRAPPER392

@WingedFish
I don't think it would be out of line to have a bunch of well know 3rd party characters in the game. It will be a Nintendo game no matter what. I think alot of characters besides the roster will be assist trophies like you say, but the ones I mentioned are the only other 3rd party characters I can think of that would fit Smash Bros. most.
I think we will see at least 50 characters. The ones I mentioned would only add 9 characters. That would put the roster up to 44. Then add Little Mac, a Sin & Punishment character, a Fire Emblem character(Roy), an F-Zero character(Samarai Goroh), a Metroid character, and a Starfox character(while mixing up the current movesets for some characters).
I just hope they mix up the movesets for clones, add new tactics, cool items, better physics, and HD with surround just comes with all this.
I'm sure we won't be disappointed. I'm just speculating right now, that's all. I would think Pac-man has first dibs over any other 3rd party character, though. Sonic and Snake just come with along from the last game, but maybe we could get Pac-man and co. in trade for Sonic and Snake. Who knows...

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kaeobais

SCAR392 wrote:

Kaeobais wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Personally, I want Sonic to come back with Tails and Knuckles, Snake with Raiden and Gray Fox, Pac-man with Blinky and Ms. Pac-man, and Bomberman. Wario and Bomberman were in the same game once, Namco helps Nintendo out alot on their arcade games, and is also helping to dev this game, and Konami owns Bomberman AND Metal Gear Solid. Sega also helped with F-Zero and had Sonic in Super Smash Bros. already.
I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

No, we don't need more Sonic and Metal Gear characters. Having Sonic and Snake is good enough. And Pac-Man is the only character who Namco should add. Ms Pac-Man would just be a clone, and the ghosts don't really make sense. If Mega Man is added, it'll just be him. We really don't need a whole bunch of characters from each company.

How do you know Ms. Pac-man would be a clone? Blinky is pretty much required if Pac-man gets in the game.
Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic basically go hand in hand, and at least Raiden from Metal Gear.
You don't want them in the game or what?

Because how is Ms Pacman different in any way aside from having a bow and lipstick? We've never even really gotten a good idea of her abilities in any game, whereas Pac Man was more fleshed out in the Pac-Man World series. As for Blinky, what would he do? Punch? Turn blue and die? As an assist trophy, sure, but not a playable character, and I fail to see how he would be "required". Think of it from a design standpoint, not from a "I like this character" or "This character is sort of a main" standpoint.

For Sonic and Snake, yes, they should get a couple assist trophies, but I really don't think the third parties need multiple characters each. I'm not saying it's impossible, and I wouldn't be upset at all if they did add some, but having the main mascots (Sonic for Sega, Snake for Kojima, and Pac-Man for Namco) makes a whole lot more sense. It's Nintendo's fighter, and Nintendo should be the main attraction.

EDIT: That said, I can't really think of a ton of new characters they could add from their own series, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Edited on by Kaeobais

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

SCRAPPER392

I still think Bomberman would fit better into the game than Snake, but Snake has more apparent moves.
Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep waiting.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kaeobais

SCAR392 wrote:

I still think Bomberman would fit better into the game than Snake, but Snake has more apparent moves.
Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep waiting.

Bomberman would be alright. Snake is a strange one, but I like how they handled him (giving him only explosives so as not to feel too out of a place). They know what they're doing, so no matter what we may want or not want, I doubt we'll be disappointed. Pumped like you wouldn't believe for E3.

What is everyone's favourite stage and item from the series? We've all gotten favourite characters, but I don't know if anyone's really talked about stages and items yet.

Edited on by Kaeobais

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Snagrio

Kaeobais wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I still think Bomberman would fit better into the game than Snake, but Snake has more apparent moves.
Whatever happens, happens. I'll just keep waiting.

Bomberman would be alright. Snake is a strange one, but I like how they handled him (giving him only explosives so as not to feel too out of a place). They know what they're doing, so no matter what we may want or not want, I doubt we'll be disappointed. Pumped like you wouldn't believe for E3.

What is everyone's favourite stage and item from the series? We've all gotten favourite characters, but I don't know if anyone's really talked about stages and items yet.

I actually made a thread a while back for stages, items, music selections, basically everything besides the roster. I'll go dig it out and bump it for ya.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

zoroarkrules25

I agree bomberman would make sense, he is only on nintendo consoles after all.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

SCRAPPER392

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I agree bomberman would make sense, he is only on nintendo consoles after all.

He's been on more than just Nintendo systems.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

zoroarkrules25

He has? I didn't know that, what systems?

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

CM30

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

He has? I didn't know that, what systems?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bomberman_video_games

He's been in games on the MSX, ZX Spectrum, TurboGrafx-16, Amiga, Atari ST, MD-DOS, PC Engine, NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, Neo-Geo, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, N-Gage, Nintendo DS, PSP, iOS and Android among others. Not just on Nintendo systems.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

FuzzyPickles94

For stages, these are some that I'd like to see:

  • Bowser's Castle
  • Gankplank Gallon
  • Pok√©mon Stadium 3 (but with all types involved)
  • Robot Museum (Classic) or Central Highway (X)

"WingedFish" wrote:

Then again Capcom hasn't really done much for Mega Man lately. Do I even need to bring up Legends 3 and the "anniversary" they gave him?

But back on topic, Mega Man most certainly is one of, if not the, best choice for another 3rd party character. The other would be Pac Man, and that's mostly because of Namco-Bandai helping with development.

I think the reason why they haven't done too much for Mega Man lately is because the franchise has been so grossly oversaturated that the game simply don't sell well anymore. It's the same thing that put the Street Fighter on hiatus barring re-releases.When Mega Man spends enough time on hiatus, he'll come back with a game that gives a fresh new perspective on the franchise (most likely either Classic or a new series). In the meanwhile, Capcom has been putting Mega Man in comic books (along with the Sonic X Mega Man cross-over) and have been putting him in video game cross-overs (X and Zero appears in Namco's Project Zone).

His anniversary also isn't over yet. There's still the possibility that we could get Mega Man in Smash as a 25th anniversary present (it's probably the most we can realistically hope for at the moment).

I don't think Namco Bandai working with Pac-Man makes him a better choice or a more likely one. Namco was hired to help develop the game with Sakurai, not to help with deciding the roster. They could suggest a rep if they want to, but like Capcom with Mega Man, they acknowledge that it's up to Sakurai whenever or not he wants a Namco rep (although it has only been said with a Tales rep so far, but it is interesting that Namco hasn't expressed interest in Pac-Man yet).

"SCAR" wrote:

I would want Megaman, Protoman, Bass, and Roll, too, but they are already in some of the Capcom fighting games and Capcom would rather have them in their own games than a guest on another game I would assume.

Considering that Sonic was in fighting games before he got into Brawl (as well as Snake with a Gamecube-exclusive fighting game), I don't think that's going to be an issue with Mega Man (and as for Protoman, Bass and Roll, not getting in as playable).

Edited on by FuzzyPickles94

FuzzyPickles94

Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

OdnetninAges

The first screenshots for this were supposed to be at Nintendo's e3 presentation this year... but now there isn't going to be a huge presentation. So, I'm guessing there will be a separate announcement around that time... Maybe a "Smash Bros. Direct"? Or, maybe it will just be revealed during a regular Nintendo Direct at that time...?

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic