Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,381 to 5,400 of 27,917

Azooooz

Sorry, but let's stop talking about character requests, and let's talk about stages, items, modes. Smash Bros. is not only about characters, you know.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Tsuchinoko

Azooooz wrote:

Sorry, but let's stop talking about character requests, and let's talk about stages, items, modes. Smash Bros. is not only about characters, you know.

Uum, but what if thats what we want to talk about?And instead of calling everyone out for talking about characters, why not just pop in the conversation with stages or items you want? That would be a more natural way to steer the conversation, instead of stalling it. You didnt even come in with any of your requests for the items you mentioned.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Jazzer94

I think that Sakurai should do a triple announcement of Yoshi Jiggelypuff and Captain Falcon for the release of Yoshi's New island just to mess with everybody.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

I feel like seeing another new stage, especially a Donkey Kong one.

Probably gonna get a Yoshi themed one due to Yoshi's New Island.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

@Jazzer94: I've thought about a Yarn Yoshi stage for the Wii U version and a Yoshi's New Island one for the 3DS one. It would be a great promotion of Yoshi's new games.

That would work quite nicely

UGXwolf

Stages to go with characters I want: Gangplank Galleon, Tower of Salvation, something from Wonderful 101

Other stages we might see: The Great Tower (Super Mario 3D World), Lorule Castle, Cliffs of Jumping (Game&Wario), Haunted Towers (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), Volcano or Volcano Dome (DKCR or DKCTF, respectively), and I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm now neglecting titles I haven't played more than a few minutes of, so it won't really get me very far.

As for items, I'd love to see the Metal Cap return, ESPECIALLY considering characters like Little Mac are now running around and heavy characters may really be that much heavier, now. On top of that, I would love some of the KI:U weapons to make an appearance, Poke'balls could come color-coded, now, to imply how strong the ball is (though I can see why someone might NOT want this), and maybe some kind of boomerang-type projectile that you can keep using, if you catch it after hitting someone with it.

Back to characters, though, Wario would likely be late LATE March. Not saying he will be, but that's the common speculation, right now. Yoshi will probably be on the 14th, though it DID take him a year to be announced for Brawl, so maybe we'll be stuck waiting until Summer. Palutena is still a distinct possibility, though I sincerely doubt she and Wario would coincide, this month. Falco and ROB also seem to get a lot of mention for this month. Not really sure why.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

@Jazzer94: I've thought about a Yarn Yoshi stage for the Wii U version and a Yoshi's New Island one for the 3DS one. It would be a great promotion of Yoshi's new games.

Yeah but I think when he announces Yoshi he should show off the 3DS stage maybe first as the 3DS related news has been lacking alot recently and we need more stage related hype fir that game.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

Stages to go with characters I want: Gangplank Galleon, Tower of Salvation, something from Wonderful 101

Other stages we might see: The Great Tower (Super Mario 3D World), Lorule Castle, Cliffs of Jumping (Game&Wario), Haunted Towers (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon), Volcano or Volcano Dome (DKCR or DKCTF, respectively), and I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm now neglecting titles I haven't played more than a few minutes of, so it won't really get me very far.

As for items, I'd love to see the Metal Cap return, ESPECIALLY considering characters like Little Mac are now running around and heavy characters may really be that much heavier, now. On top of that, I would love some of the KI:U weapons to make an appearance, Poke'balls could come color-coded, now, to imply how strong the ball is (though I can see why someone might NOT want this), and maybe some kind of boomerang-type projectile that you can keep using, if you catch it after hitting someone with it.

Back to characters, though, Wario would likely be late LATE March. Not saying he will be, but that's the common speculation, right now. Yoshi will probably be on the 14th, though it DID take him a year to be announced for Brawl, so maybe we'll be stuck waiting until Summer. Palutena is still a distinct possibility, though I sincerely doubt she and Wario would coincide, this month. Falco and ROB also seem to get a lot of mention for this month. Not really sure why.

Those are the names i keep hearing. I've heard nothing of Captain Falcon, Ness, Jiggles, or ICs. I wonder why theres been lots of Wario, Falco and ROB get mentioned a lot. Is there something im not aware of?
As much as i would love a Lorule stage, do you think its possible now since we're already getting a Spirit Tracks stage?

Blast

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Pikachu is like "I'm over here King DorkFatLoser XD" And Dedede is like "Crud, can't.....turn......around, is this thing......BOOOOM" It explodes.

Also, the game just keeps getting better and better XD

LOL!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Snagrio

I want to see Brinstar Depths in HD. I remember back when I was playing Melee at my cousin's house when we were little. That stage was unlocked as we were playing, so naturally that was the next stage we picked. Neither of us knew what was coming, so when Kraid rose from the lava we screamed in terror for a good five minutes. Good times.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko Someone mentioned why Wario, as late this month (28th?) is the anniversary of (I think) Game&Wario in Japan (Or Warioware?)

ROB and Falco just seem to be the randoms that pop up in conversation. I have no idea why.

Yoshi is obvious because of Yoshi's New Island, which is also why we might be waiting until Summer for him.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

UGXwolf wrote:

@Tsuchinoko Someone mentioned why Wario, as late this month (28th?) is the anniversary of (I think) Game&Wario in Japan (Or Warioware?)

ROB and Falco just seem to be the randoms that pop up in conversation. I have no idea why.

Yoshi is obvious because of Yoshi's New Island, which is also why we might be waiting until Summer for him.

That must have been the anniversary i was thinking of. Bring on Wario!

Adam

Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness are secret characters in every game. Traditionally he does not reveal unlockable characters until the starting roster is done, if then.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Azooooz

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

Uum, but what if thats what we want to talk about?And instead of calling everyone out for talking about characters, why not just pop in the conversation with stages or items you want? That would be a more natural way to steer the conversation, instead of stalling it. You didnt even come in with any of your requests for the items you mentioned.

Stages that I wish to see: For 3DS: Team Flare's base with Xerneas and Yveltal as stage hazards. Wii U: Super Mario 3D World's Savanna Level
Items: Magikoopa, Urban Champion as Assist Trophies, Cat Suit (hey, it could work), Chesnaught/Greninja as Pokémon.

Well,That's it.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Adam

I just want to see more stages like Smashville which are tame enough to be played without throwing the game to chance, but are still visually attractive and have something distinct about them (even if a moving platform is not the most fantastic example, it still adds a lot more to the stage's strategic options than might seem). That's not to say that I don't like the wacky ones (I particularly like Rainbow Cruise-type stages), but I like the ratio of normal stages to wacky ones to be in favor of normal ones.

Assuming Lucas is back in, I'd like to see a non-enormous stage from Mother 3. Tanetane Island (or whatever it was called) could provide some crazy background details, perhaps even having normal creatures walk around for part of the time, but then have a stage shift (a la the Metroid Prime stage or Fire Emblem stage) and then have them all change to the creepy things you see when you eat the bad mushrooms.

But since they tend to go with more emblematic stages when representing most characters, Tazmily would be cool. It, too, could work with a stage shift to represent time changing from the rustic town in the beginning to the more urbanized town it is toward the middle / end of the game.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Arminillo

So...Pictochat stage replaced by Miiverse stage? People's actual posts in the Smash community become platforms? What say you.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

SheldonRandoms

Suicune wrote:

So...Pictochat stage replaced by Miiverse stage? People's actual posts in the Smash community become platforms? What say you.

I could see people making custom drawing platform posts if they did that.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Budda

Suicune wrote:

I don't see how this could work. And seeing the spam on this stage would annoy me.
I think, if there will be a MiiVerse stage, there will be made up posts like we had on the Pictochat stage.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic