Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,261 to 5,280 of 27,917

Henmii

"So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool?"

That's great to hear, since there's more chance that we get him that way! But there's something fishy going on with the DK franchise! It looks like Nintendo has lost the rights on the original DKC trilogy AND on the Kremlins and animal buddies (minus Rambi and Squawks)! Why else would they remove the trilogy from the Wii shop? Why else does Nintendo refuse to put Kremlins and more animal buddies in the latest DKC titles? And why don't we see Kremlins in the latest Mario titles (there was a Kremlin goalie in one of the Mario soccer games, but that was years ago)!

Then again, both Returns and Tropical freeze have some DKC trilogy music remixes, and the original DKC theme is also in Tropical freeze!

As for Mii's: Of course they should be in it! Why not make it so that you can give your Mii any of the characters moves! So that anyone can make its own set! Like a Mii with Mario AND Zelda moves! Or a Mii with Starfox and Yoshi moves! Just a idea!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

MegaStoneSmash91

shinpichu wrote:

Sucks to see Waluigi disconfirmed. I didn't really support him myself, but I didn't have many problems with him and I had several friends who supported him. Plus, all the hate for him that I see on sites like SerenesForest kinda made me want to see him playable just to rub it the faces of all the haters.

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

He really didn't deserve to be playable due to not having any series to call his own. He's more of a side/extra character with no real story to him.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your logic here. Do you mean to suggest that characters need to be main characters to be included?

Well, yes and no. It's not necessarily because he isn't a main character, but that would help a lot. He's never had a starring role or any real importance to any game. He only ever appears in Mario Party, Kart, Golf, and the like. On a very extreme level, I'd say making Waluigi playable would be like making a Goomba playable. They both have appeared in many games, but I don't think anyone would call them crucial to any one game. Goombas are among the most classic of video game enemies. Waluigi is basically getting a similar status, only in a different way. He's an expected inclusion in every Mario spin-off game. However, that's all he feels like: an inclusion, an extra. He serves his purpose as a character to play as in those games, but they could all have been perfectly fine without him. It certainly doesn't help that he hasn't had a game of his own, or even an appearance as a villain in a major Mario game. As I stated, the comparison of him to a Goomba is an extreme one, but it does work for my purposes. I do feel that a character's importance should be at least a small factor when considering the Smash Bros. roster. In that regard, he fits his place as an Assist Trophy well. He's not a major or important enough character to be playable, but he's most definitely worth representing in a form other than a plain Trophy.

You'll probably find a lot of holes to poke in it, but I tried my best to explain my postion on the matter.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Sucks to see Waluigi disconfirmed. I didn't really support him myself, but I didn't have many problems with him and I had several friends who supported him. Plus, all the hate for him that I see on sites like SerenesForest kinda made me want to see him playable just to rub it the faces of all the haters.

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

He really didn't deserve to be playable due to not having any series to call his own. He's more of a side/extra character with no real story to him.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your logic here. Do you mean to suggest that characters need to be main characters to be included?

Well, yes and no. It's not necessarily because he isn't a main character, but that would help a lot. He's never had a starring role or any real importance to any game. He only ever appears in Mario Party, Kart, Golf, and the like. On a very extreme level, I'd say making Waluigi playable would be like making a Goomba playable. They both have appeared in many games, but I don't think anyone would call them crucial to any one game. Goombas are among the most classic of video game enemies. Waluigi is basically getting a similar status, only in a different way. He's an expected inclusion in every Mario spin-off game. However, that's all he feels like: an inclusion, an extra. He serves his purpose as a character to play as in those games, but they could all have been perfectly fine without him. It certainly doesn't help that he hasn't had a game of his own, or even an appearance as a villain in a major Mario game. As I stated, the comparison of him to a Goomba is an extreme one, but it does work for my purposes. I do feel that a character's importance should be at least a small factor when considering the Smash Bros. roster. In that regard, he fits his place as an Assist Trophy well. He's not a major or important enough character to be playable, but he's most definitely worth representing in a form other than a plain Trophy.

You'll probably find a lot of holes to poke in it, but I tried my best to explain my postion on the matter.

I feel like you stated it well here. Its an odd thing though, is it better to include a character like Lucas or Ike or even the potential Takamaru where they had one single big starring role? Or a character like Waluigi where they've had multiple small appearances. I think its a testament to the creation of these characters that people rally behind them so much to be included. Waluigi is a funny character, and even though i think the crazy anti-mario role is already filled very well by Wario. Others could say that Ness and Lucas fill similar roles, though the stories behind them, their personalities and game worlds couldnt be more different.
I do think the pokemon slots have similar problems.
Sigh, i do think this game needs a DLC option

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

playfuljoe

Nintendo Land Game is what I am after right now. It's amazing to play and my brother would love it too!

playfuljoe

Tsuchinoko

DestinyMan wrote:

Now that it's the first of March, I say the characters revealed this month could be:
1. Yoshi
2. Wario
3. Palutena

In japan its the 2nd of march.

Honestly that seems like a spot-on prediction

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Donalp15

I would say it is impossible for a character to be announced in a pic of the day, knowing about the direct a few days in advance helps to build up the hype. I am also not confident in another newcomer for me, I would say April and then E3 again.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Adam

It's possible as we get closer to game time he'll break with the pattern of using NDirects for new reveals so that there is time to reveal everything before release. But possibly not, if there aren't that many new characters.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

DefHalan

Adam wrote:

It's possible as we get closer to game time he'll break with the pattern of using NDirects for new reveals so that there is time to reveal everything before release. But possibly not, if there aren't that many new characters.

Or possibly not announce all new comers so we all have some surprises when the game comes out lol

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Randomname19

DefHalan wrote:

Adam wrote:

Or possibly not announce all new comers so we all have some surprises when the game comes out lol

This

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

PaperLucario

Randomname19 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Adam wrote:

This

I 2nd this, I hated knowing everything before Brawl came out. But that doesn't mean the remaining newcomers can't have a reveal trailer, maybe for unlock able ones, the reveal bit of the trailer precede/replace the challenger approaching screens? Like how they did with Toon Link, Wolf, And Jigglypuff in Subspace. With unlocking them playing the gameplay half of the trailer to show just what they unlocked?

Edited on by PaperLucario

PaperLucario

Snagrio

Also, if you think Retro doesn't care about K. Rool, take a gander at this.
Untitled
Just an easter egg to be sure, but could it mean something more?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

cookiex

^What am I supposed to be looking at?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

Hopefully it's not just a trick of the eyes, but then why else would a big banana bunch be placed in that open spot?

The platform just before it tilts side to side, allowing you to get pretty far up with a well-timed rolling jump. If anything the banana bunch was placed there as a challenge.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Adam

Some characters were kept secret up to the release of Brawl, so I'm sure they'll do the same. I like knowing in advance, myself.

Come on, friends,

UGXwolf

A few notes:

Captain Falcon had sone kind of story and background, much like Fox's that implied him being a fighter as much as a pilot. This is where a lot of inspiration for their movesets was pulled. Balloon Fighter has no such thing as far as I'm aware.

Waluigi was the main villain in DDR Mario Mix, IIRC. He should totez become a leading antagonist in a Luigi game, though. Until then, though, I think assist trophy suits him very well.

I don't think we'll get both Wario AND Palutena, this month. Too close together. That said, it's certainly not impossible.

And Nintendo owns ALL Donkey Kong related assets. This includes King K. Rool. The ONLY reason he's not ib DKCR or DKCTF is because Retro, much like with Metroid Prime, wants their own game, and not a carbon copy of one of Rareware's old games. I expect they'll incorporate the old croc, eventually, and they've said they wanted to do more with animal buddies. Just don't assume that they aren't using old assets because they can't. They simply choose not to.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Mickey

UGXwolf wrote:

Captain Falcon had some kind of story and background, much like Fox's that implied him being a fighter as much as a pilot.

I'll assume you put that there since you didn't really know what it was. The background is that he is/was a Bounty Hunter, which more implies that he knows how to handle a gun than that he knows how to fight. Even if he was a fighter, there was nothing that said he was some kind of super hero that can set parts of his body on fire for attacks.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

UGXwolf

MickeyTheGreat wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Captain Falcon had some kind of story and background, much like Fox's that implied him being a fighter as much as a pilot.

I was aware of the bounty hunter bit, but that in no way implies a gun. Bounty Hunters have come to be associated with guns because it's a logical choice for catching a running perp. The super hero bit was partly based on creative freedom and partly based on the comic (manga?) connected to the game.

I'm not saying Sakurai couldn't make a move set for a random, but that it just seems pointless.

I'll assume you put that there since you didn't really know what it was. The background is that he is/was a Bounty Hunter, which more implies that he knows how to handle a gun than that he knows how to fight. Even if he was a fighter, there was nothing that said he was some kind of super hero that can set parts of his body on fire for attacks.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

WingedSnagret wrote:

Also, if you think Retro doesn't care about K. Rool, take a gander at this.
Untitled
Just an easter egg to be sure, but could it mean something more?

I'm pretty sure that rock structure was designed ON PURPOSE.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Mickey

@UGXwolf I say they'd make up a random moveset so they could put their not-so-battle-ready-but-popular-nonetheless characters into Smash, but whatever. I still love you.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Adam

Captain Falcon doesn't really resemble a bounty hunter in Smash Bros. at all. Balloon Fighter could have taken its character from Balloon Kid (GB), where you play as Alice, if being a unique character with some kind of background were important to becoming a fighter in Smash (doesn't seem to be the case with Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, and maybe others).

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic