Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,241 to 5,260 of 27,917

Randomname19

Takamaru has to be in Smash Bros 4 or he will bethe only character that didn't get both a Nintendoland Attraction and a playable appearence in Smash Bros

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

shinpichu

Sucks to see Waluigi disconfirmed. I didn't really support him myself, but I didn't have many problems with him and I had several friends who supported him. Plus, all the hate for him that I see on sites like SerenesForest kinda made me want to see him playable just to rub it the faces of all the haters.

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

He really didn't deserve to be playable due to not having any series to call his own. He's more of a side/extra character with no real story to him.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your logic here. Do you mean to suggest that characters need to be main characters to be included?

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

DreamyViridi

shinpichu wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

He really didn't deserve to be playable due to not having any series to call his own. He's more of a side/extra character with no real story to him.

I'm not entirely sure that I understand your logic here. Do you mean to suggest that characters need to be main characters to be included?

Well, thinking about it, has there been any times where Smash fighters didn't have a prominent role in their respective games? No seriously, aside from Jigglypuff; it seems to me that all of the fighters are, more or less, important to the series they come from... with a couple of exceptions.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ShadJV

Randomname19 wrote:

Takamaru has to be in Smash Bros 4 or he will bethe only character that didn't get both a Nintendoland Attraction and a playable appearence in Smash Bros

What about balloon fighter?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Randomname19

ShadJV wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

What about balloon fighter?

Ballon fighter can only do one move.It wasn't possible to make a fighter out of one move so they gave it to the villager. Nintendo did something like this in the past by making a Zelda themed Ballon fighter where Tingle was playable

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Orngeblu

Is it wrong to say if I like a character if I haven't played their game? Takamaru looks like he'd make a fine character. :I

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

SheldonRandoms

@Tsuchinoko The Elite Beat Agents would probably work best as an assist trophy, as well as the Ouendan. They both can do the same thing, but a little differently. Also, Mike Jones is from Star Tropics, I don't think it was released in Japan, which is one reason why people want him in oddly enough.

Takamaru has appeared in a couple of games recently, such as Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3, as well as getting his own attraction in Nintendoland. A samurai would be awesome in Smash. So maybe, just maybe?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Adam

Balloon Fighter could only do one move. Captain Falcon could do none. Seems to have worked out for him. And supposedly Balloon Fighter was planned for Melee, though I don't know if that was ever confirmed or is just an oft-repeated rumor.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Mickey

Adam wrote:

Balloon Fighter could only do one move. Captain Falcon could do none. Seems to have worked out for him.

Thank you!

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Adam

To be clear, I just meant that it could have been done, not that I think it will. The Villager's balloon move seems to indicate he has incorporated the Balloon Fighter into his moveset.

Come on, friends,

Mickey

@Adam I was thanking you for the Captain Falcon part, not so much for the Balloon Fighter part. ^^; I'm more neutral on Balloon Fighter becoming a character than anything else, really.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

SheldonRandoms

@MickeyTheGreat But he's a Balloon Fighter so he can fight XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Adam

Balloon Fight is one of my favorite series, so I'd have loved it, but I am content with Villager sporting the balloons despite my lack of interest in Animal Crossing. Villager certainly has more character. Balloon Fighter could have incorporated stuff from his enemies like shooting an electric ball that bounces around or summoning a giant fish from the ground in front of him. And his reliance on balloons that can be manually detached or reinflated (Balloon Kid, GB) or popped by enemies could make him an interesting character like Olimar or Ice Climbers in that they are more or less powerful dependent on some secondary factor.

Come on, friends,

Adam

He hits his enemies from above rather than pushing them. He should float around you and footstool hop (Toadstool? I forget what it is called) anyone nearby who tries to jump over you.

Come on, friends,

cookiex

Balloon Fighter as a playable character would be redundant when Villager already copies his one and only move.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Adam

The Nintendoland game was the sequel I've been waiting for. I would not object to a standalone sequel on the eShop though.

Come on, friends,

Tsuchinoko

Yeah Star Tropics wasn't released in Japan, even on the virtual console.

The agents and Ouendan could be a cool assist trophy, I agree.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic