Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,161 to 5,180 of 27,917

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

Am I the only one that recalls hearing about a Metal Gear game on the 3DS?

Other than Snake Eater 3D from a few years ago?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Pit-Stain

@DestinyMan Speaking about customization, I remember Sakurai mentioning something about "character customization". What does he mean?

Edited on by Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

Pootypie

Hmm, if Miis get added then possibly customizable move set? That would be cool.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

cookiex

No pic of the day?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

UGXwolf

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Cool, but difficult. There'd have to be VERY close attention paid to the balancing system for this to work and not just make a horribly OP character.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pit-Stain

So combo attacks are now finishers? That's an interesting addition. I remember seeing something similar in Little Mac's announcement video.

Pit-Stain

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Cool, but difficult. There'd have to be VERY close attention paid to the balancing system for this to work and not just make a horribly OP character.

Yeah, I remember suggesting earlier to limit the moves by giving moves points depending on how powerful it is, and you have certain amount of points. EX: This move cost 2 points and you have 12 points total. You know what I mean right?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Azooooz

Yes! No more Pikachu's head attack spam.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Randomname19

This game keeps getting better and better.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

TheGreatGamer wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

TheGreatGamer wrote:

Yeah, I remember suggesting earlier to limit the moves by giving moves points depending on how powerful it is, and you have certain amount of points. EX: This move cost 2 points and you have 12 points total. You know what I mean right?

But that might leave some positions uncovered, unless you factor in 0-point moves, such as a typical jab. I personally don't think this is a very practical way to go, though, unless the scale of this next game is far beyond what we imagined from the outset.

DestinyMan wrote:

In other words, for today's Pic of the Day, players cannot spam a basic attack over and over again. I think it's like Mario's and Sonic's punch-punch-kick combo now.

Though, it appears they won't all be so short. We've seen Little Mac's spam attack, and I have trouble believing they'd shorten Pit's, Fox's, Link's, or any of the other spammy ones too much. But it seems you get one attack revolution and a finisher.

UGXwolf

Azooooz wrote:

Was Pikachu's headbutt-spam really that big a problem? I always found an aerial approach made it rather useless.

SG9000

19Robb92 wrote:

Jigglypuff is guaranteed to be in since it's in the first game.

That doesn't prove anything!!!! To prove it here's an article Sakurai wrote about replacing Ness (another one of the classic 12) by Lucas in Melee:

Actually, at first, I planned to change him [Ness] into the protagonist of Mother 3 [Lucas], but for various reasons during the delay, I settled back on the original idea. (実は当初、MOTHER3の主人公に変更する予定でしたが、いろいろあって遠回りしながら、元のさやに収まりました。) ”
—Masahiro Sakurai, Smabura-Ken Ness page (Japanese)

See! That means even Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff and Ness have a risk getting cut out of the game at any time!

But not Yoshi, because everybody likes Yoshi!

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Orngeblu

I think the quote says he starts off with a Jab combo (or, A A A combo), and now you can cancel into another talk, maybe only a grounded attack, I dunno, but it looks like Fox is using Forward Tilt there. :I

Edit: Nevermind, actually, I read some more posts suggesting it's just a Jab combo that doesn't end in an infinite mult-hit Jab.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

cookiex

Azooooz wrote:

Awww but I loved spamming that attack, it was stupidly effective with the right timing.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex

Caryslan

My guess is that this means all characters have a strong attack to end their neutral combo. Certain characters like Ike, Snake, Link, Maro, Luigi, and other characters already has their neutral combos end in a strong attack. So, looks like none of the characters in this game will have spammy neutrals combos anymore.

Caryslan

Azooooz

But in seriousness, it's a welcome change to the series. It adds more speed to the game.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

cookiex

DestinyMan wrote:

I see what you did there.

Untitled

cookiex

Blast

If Snake gets in the game instead of freaking Bayonetta or Wonder Red... I'm gonna be very angry!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Romeo

can't tell if you're serious or if that's supposed to be sarcasm..

Romeo

Blast

Romeo wrote:

can't tell if you're serious or if that's supposed to be sarcasm..

I'm not being sarcastic. Kojima doesn't support Nintendo at all so what's the point of keeping one of his characters in the freaking roster? I like MGS and Snake but he does NOT deserve to be on a console he does not support. Wonder Red and even Bayonetta should be in the roster BEFORE Snake!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic