Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 27,917

Tsuchinoko

Apparently the original Pokemon anniversary is coming up soon too. Since Lucario was just announced I doubt It'll mean anything.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Tsuchinoko

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Mask0Gears wrote:

Prediction Time: Who's going to be the next newcomer?

I'm feeling either Wonder-Red, Chibi-Robo, or Dillon. And for some strange reason, a little bit of me feels Paper Mario could happen.

You mean all the characters you listed in your signature?

2Sang

My guess would Chrom due to Arena Ferox, but could be paleutena, medusa, magnus, or dixie kong. I just really hope cranky kong isn't a character over king k. rool or dixie.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

Tsuchinoko wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Mask0Gears wrote:

Prediction Time: Who's going to be the next newcomer?

I'm feeling either Wonder-Red, Chibi-Robo, or Dillon. And for some strange reason, a little bit of me feels Paper Mario could happen.

You mean all the characters you listed in your signature?

sigh .... yes
Untitled
I just really want them

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Tsuchinoko

See i guess im in the vast minority where i dont want a bunch of new superfluous characters if it means kicking some veterans out. It happened for some people when Mewtwo got booted. I feel like if they kept all of the veterans, but updated their looks, and added a bunch of new stages and music and just a few of the most requested characters as newcomers, id be very happy with it.
For fans of characters like Lucas, Captain Falcon, or G & W who dont get a lot of attention, this is one of the only ways to see them shine.

Yeah, Im 100% sure Ness will be in, but i love Mother 3. Its definitely the deeper game with the more engaging story. I know evevyones betting on Lucas to get the boot, and that sucks

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Pit-Stain

I love this move. I always used it to finish my opponents. I also like Diddy Kong's expression when bieng launched by the rocket barrels. Sakurai is doing a good job adding more expressions to all the characters, it's really noticeable.

Pit-Stain

SheldonRandoms

Muuuuuuuuuuuch different from brawl.
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pootypie

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Brawl was released at 2008, they had 6 years to make this game lol. It would obviously improve.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

SheldonRandoms

@TheGreatGamer I was talking about the face, but yeah, that face was worth the 6 year wait XD

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Tsuchinoko

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Tsuchinoko I have seen some charts on who is popular in Japan in terms of new character wishlists (there's an example below), but just to get a different angle from things I figured I'd ask you what you know within your circles in terms of what people are hoping for over there. A bit of personal insight if you will.

http://smashboards.com/threads/observations-on-the-japanese-f...

A lot of what ive seen here is similar to the the same opinion that i hold. I feel that the no-cuts with a limited amount of newcomers is best. Most of what is on the roster is what is already considered the main Nintendo cast. The more radical suggestions come from western players (bayonetta, reggie, ninja gaiden, contra) , while some japanese players suggest characters that, while actual Nintendo staple characters, wouldnt fit. Toad and Starfy come to mind.

Im seeing a lot of support on japanese sites just for the preservation of the previous roster plus Mewtwo and Roy to return. Lots of support for K. Rool and Dixie as well as Fire Emblem Awakening characters, as well as various random Namco characters. Almost nobody was really wanting Rosalina from what I saw, but what caught my eye was the lack of love that Little Mac is getting. Quite a lot of indifference, some negative comments.

A lot of japanese players agree that Palutena is likely, though i saw more support for Nachure, aka Viridi.
I can look up the newer comments later and report tomorrow. Its like 1am here.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

Snagrio

Tsuchinoko wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Tsuchinoko I have seen some charts on who is popular in Japan in terms of new character wishlists (there's an example below), but just to get a different angle from things I figured I'd ask you what you know within your circles in terms of what people are hoping for over there. A bit of personal insight if you will.

http://smashboards.com/threads/observations-on-the-japanese-f...

A lot of what ive seen here is similar to the the same opinion that i hold. I feel that the no-cuts with a limited amount of newcomers is best. Most of what is on the roster is what is already considered the main Nintendo cast. The more radical suggestions come from western players (bayonetta, reggie, ninja gaiden, contra) , while some japanese players suggest characters that, while actual Nintendo staple characters, wouldnt fit. Toad and Starfy come to mind.

Im seeing a lot of support on japanese sites just for the preservation of the previous roster plus Mewtwo and Roy to return. Lots of support for K. Rool and Dixie as well as Fire Emblem Awakening characters, as well as various random Namco characters. Almost nobody was really wanting Rosalina from what I saw, but what caught my eye was the lack of love that Little Mac is getting. Quite a lot of indifference, some negative comments.

A lot of japanese players agree that Palutena is likely, though i saw more support for Nachure, aka Viridi.
I can look up the newer comments later and report tomorrow. Its like 1am here.

Okay, I understand (it's 11:00 am here just for the sake of clarification). Little Mac being barely noticed is very interesting. For one thing it shows that Sakurai isn't entirely catering to the Japanese crowd and is giving the west some love, which is by all means a good thing.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

TheGreatGamer wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Brawl was released at 2008, they had 6 years to make this game lol. It would obviously improve.

Sakurai didn't start on development (if I remember correctly) until KI:U was finished. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, I just remember hearing Sakurai say he wasn't going to work on Smash 4 until KI:U was finished. So, might be a bit less. :I Maybe Namco could've done something while Sakurai was working on KI:U, though?

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Shirma_Akayaku

WingedSnagret wrote:

Okay, I understand (it's 11:00 am here just for the sake of clarification). Little Mac being barely noticed is very interesting. For one thing it shows that Sakurai isn't entirely catering to the Japanese crowd and is giving the west some love, which is by all means a good thing.

So it seems that character requests from the west are more likely to happen? Depending on location, I think certain Nintendo franchises that are more popular in an area of the world will most likely have character requests met.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Orngeblu

So, apparently the japanese want K. Rool? I kinda hope K. Rool joins, because I know someone who really wants him, haha. I want him to get his character. :I

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

Rosalina wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

So it seems that character requests from the west are more likely to happen? Depending on location, I think certain Nintendo franchises that are more popular in an area of the world will most likely have character requests met.

That's the theory anyway. For one thing it means the likes of Ridley and K. Rool, characters who have a much bigger western following, have a higher chance then before.

@Orngeblu You are correct. Development didn't begin until after Uprising went gold, which means they have been in the works for almost two years.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

UGXwolf

@Tsuchinoko I'm glad to see the East is giving Tales some love. That said, do you think Cless (Tales of Phantasia) would be more likely for his Japanese popularity, or Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) for his more even amount of popularity across the main sales regions?

Also, with so much K. Rool requestion, and seeing how Little Mac was a common suggestion from the West and Mega Man was one of the most requested, anywhere, as well as Palutena, I wouldn't be surprised to see K. Rool join this game at all. Good news!

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MrWalkieTalkie

My opinions on characters on that list:

Mewtwo - I would definitely welcome his return
Roy - Eh, I wouldn't mind it. I just feel he's a bit overrated.
Palutena - Wouldn't mine either. I absolutely loved Uprising, so more Kid Icarus love is always welcome
Shulk - Definitely! Xenoblade has easily won over the hearts of many Nintendo fans, so why not add this franchise to Smash.
K. Rool - I feel he's no longer relevant to the DK series. I think I'd actually rather have Cranky & Dixie than him. But if he does get in, that's cool too.
Dixie Kong - Welcome addition, DK is becoming a big franchise again, so some more representation is always welcome.
Chrom - Sure, why not.
Zoroark - It'd be pretty interesting, but I'm not so sure...
Waddle Dee - I guess? I think I would rather have Gooey or maybe even Prince Fluff
Black Shadow - I don't know much on F-Zero...
Starfy - I think he actually still has a chance. He could be replaced by his sister Stapy as the assist trophy when he's fighting. Similar to the Toon Link & Alfonzo situation.
Ghirahim - I feel he's overrated. He was only in 1 Zelda game and now everyone acts like he's the greatest villain ever.
Toon Zelda - I dunno. What would she bring to the table in terms of new moves?
Ridley - I guess so. People have been wanting him for years, why not throw them a bone?
Gooey - It'd not only be cool to see him in Smash, I wish he could come back to modern Kirby games entirely, along with the animal buddies!
Krystal - I don't know how I feel about her. If anything I'm sorta annoyed by people constantly demanding her.
Leon - Barely know the guy.
Slippy - Nah.
Victini - That'd be pretty cool actually. I love Victini.
Genesect - I feel a lot of unique possibilities coming out of him.
Kumatora - I don't much about MOTHER 3. Does she have any special moves that separate her from everyone else?
Isaac or Matthew - Any Golden Sun rep is welcome. I feel the series is long overdue for Smash
Takamaru - Don't much about him. I just don't feel that excited about even MORE sword fighters.
Saki or Isa - Seeing Sin & Punishment get more recognition would definitely be cool. So a S&P rep is welcome.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Blast

I wonder what the Japanese fanbase for Super Smash Bros. want for the roster in this game?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

shinpichu

Blast wrote:

I wonder what the Japanese fanbase for Super Smash Bros. want for the roster in this game?

There was this magazine poll done last year:
Untitled
There was another one done, and the results were different , but I can't find it. ;_;

Edit: Though this was apparently meant as a poll for popular VG/Nintendo characters in general and not specifically characters wanted for Smash 4.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic