Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,941 to 4,960 of 27,917

Shirma_Akayaku

Orngeblu wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

That stage can't be that simple. If it were, it wouldn't be banned from tournaments. But wait!! All the previous Metroid stages were banned... So following that pattern, it seems very likely that there will be some sort of stage hazard, thus banning it.

What? Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar aren't banned. What makes you think every stage with a hazard is going to be banned right off the bat?

Well depending on where you live, tournament rules differ. In some places, Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar are banned (sometimes).

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

shinpichu wrote:

According to SmashWiki, Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar aren't usually banned in Brawl, though Brinstar is banned in Melee.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Banned_stage

Here's a bit more info:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Frigate_Orpheon#In_competitive_play
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Brinstar#Tournament_Legality

Something pretty funny:

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Orngeblu

Rosalina wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

That stage can't be that simple. If it were, it wouldn't be banned from tournaments. But wait!! All the previous Metroid stages were banned... So following that pattern, it seems very likely that there will be some sort of stage hazard, thus banning it.

What? Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar aren't banned. What makes you think every stage with a hazard is going to be banned right off the bat?

Well depending on where you live, tournament rules differ. In some places, Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar are banned (sometimes).

Ok, well played. >:I

That's just the Unity Ruleset anyways, a TO can easily change it if they don't want a certain stage. Your link says it's a Counterpick/Banned, so I guess it's both.

But, from what I remember, in Brawl, MK has a huge advantage on Brinstar because the blast zones are closer. I think I remember M2K stringing a bunch of Uairs into tornado as a finisher, KOing them on the top for a star KO.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Shirma_Akayaku

@Orngeblu Personally, I don't play in tournaments since I feel it's a bit extreme for me (though I'd love to try it once). When it comes to stage legality, I think certain stages do deserve the ban hammer, while others don't. IMO, Frigate Orpheon and Brinstar are good stages to be played on, but my issue is that hazards can be a bit frequent, at least in my experience. I just wish these stages weren't banned. These stages require players to adapt to the situation but it seems tournaments don't like this kind of thing.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Snagrio

@shinpichu Sorry, I didn't mean all Ridley supporters (heck I'd love to have Ridley as playable), I simply meant the lengths some will go to count something as "evidence" towards such an outcome, no matter how seemingly insignificant, can be sad to see.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

WingedSnagret wrote:

@shinpichu Sorry, I didn't mean all Ridley supporters (heck I'd love to have Ridley as playable), I simply meant the lengths some will go to count something as "evidence" towards such an outcome, no matter how seemingly insignificant, can be sad to see.

I think Ridley could have a chance, I'm not even a Ridley supporter, but I believe Sakurai will do almost anything for the fans now, since Ridley has a lot of support, he might do it. I can't wait for the next Direct, I want to be surprised, it could be anything! :3

I'm also worried what version of Smash 4 I should get. I want the Wii U version the most, but I am worried I won't be able to play with my online friends who have the 3DS version. I have a few people in mind who are getting the 3DS version. I could try getting both, but it'll be expensive.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

I'd love to see Ridley be playable as well, but I'm also perfectly fine with him as a stage hazard. I just think that, going by how basic the Pyrosphere stage looks, Ridley might be the one factor to greatly shake it up. I'm not saying that every stage needs hazards, but I just find the large gap in-between the four small platforms fishy. Sakurai's wording from the reveal also implies Ridley's a stage hazard. "An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second." I interpret that as appearing at any second in the stage.

But that was posted months ago, and if he plays a major role in the stage as a stage hazard, I would think Sakurai would have revealed him sometime soon after the stage reveal, so I'd love to be proven wrong.

Either he's keeping Ridley hidden because he really is playable, he's just trolling (which he loves to do, just look at the Palutena statue as one example), or it could be another Toon Link/Alfonzo situation where something else becomes the hazard if Ridley is being played with.

The last one sounds quite possible since Sakurai could show Ridley as a hazard in a PotD, then, and probably not until the game is released, it'll be revealed that he was also playable all along. The ultimate troll move.

As for who would take Ridley's place as a hazard, it could be one of his other versions (there are many of them), Phantoon, or Nightmare. The latter two were also in Other M so it would still fit plus, like Ridley, they both fly/float.

Snagrio

Snagrio

@DestinyMan Okay then, Sakurai has been teasing us. Bottom line, he's been messing with our heads in several instances. Then again if I had a fanbase that was just as annoying and whiny (if Miiverse is anything to go by), I'd probably do the same thing.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

SG9000

WingedSnagret wrote:

if I had a fanbase that was just as annoying and whiny (if Miiverse is anything to go by), I'd probably do the same thing.

Same here!

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

SheldonRandoms

Little Mac is small, because he has a big heart inside, as well as a big power that is Giga Mac!!!

......Also, Little Mac is only 17 or something

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

UGXwolf

I disagree with @DestinyMan completely. He's totally trolling. But why is that a bad thing? A good troll is downright hilarious. We've gotten to used to assuming that trolls are only ever bad things and that they're just big, bad Internet bullies. Sometimes they're just funny, and that realization only makes it funnier. What's so wrong with this?

I'd also like to point out that in today's Pic of the Day, Samus is almost tall enough to be hit from the platform above with a really low attack. Characters being much bigger seems entirely unlikely. (I'm not saying this excludes anyone, of course, as they could just be the same size as Samus, but it doesn't look like making them much bigger than that is a smart move.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

UGXwolf wrote:

I disagree with @DestinyMan completely. He's totally trolling. But why is that a bad thing? A good troll is downright hilarious. We've gotten to used to assuming that trolls are only ever bad things and that they're just big, bad Internet bullies. Sometimes they're just funny, and that realization only makes it funnier. What's so wrong with this?

I'd also like to point out that in today's Pic of the Day, Samus is almost tall enough to be hit from the platform above with a really low attack. Characters being much bigger seems entirely unlikely. (I'm not saying this excludes anyone, of course, as they could just be the same size as Samus, but it doesn't look like making them much bigger than that is a smart move.)

If you are referring to DestinyMan trolling then you have to be joking.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

SG9000

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Also, Little Mac is only 17 or something

Age is not an important thing because, unless you forgot, Diddy Kong, Ness, Lucas, Toon Link and Young Link were all younger than Little Mac and would still get KOed pretty easily, IMO.

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

Blast

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Little Mac is small, because he has a big heart inside, as well as a big power that is Giga Mac!!!

......Also, Little Mac is only 17 or something

A person's age really doesn't matter....especially in Japan.... coughs loudly

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

@TheGreatGamer: No, UGXwolf's referring to me disputing the notion that Sakurai's teasing is trolling. I had bad trolling in mind. I didn't realize that there could be "good" trolling. I would rather just call that teasing, kidding, or bluffing.

Oh lol

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

kyuubikid213

Totally going to play the crap out of Brawl leading up to this release.

Sometimes when I crank up Brawl, my friends want to play. It's a fun experience until someone goes all "Elitist Competitive Mode" and constantly bashes Brawl in favor of Melee.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Snagrio

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Sometimes when I crank up Brawl, my friends want to play. It's a fun experience until someone goes all "Elitist Competitive Mode" and constantly bashes Brawl in favor of Melee.

At least you have friends to play with. I'm always alone with the CPUs. I would play online, but we all know how well that works...

Snagrio

Orngeblu

I actually just recently got back into Brawl. Felt like playing a technical character, so I picked up fox. :3

(By the way if anyone wants to play me online, ask me!)

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Your friends do that? ._. I used to kinda be in favor of Melee more until I read this: "Does Smash need wavedashing to have a good meta?".

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic