Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 27,917

ShadJV

My vote continues to go for Super Smash Bros Kerfuffle.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

OdnetninAges

Yes. Super Smash Bros. Disagreement.

Every battle will begin with all the player's characters sitting at a table having a discussion, but then Player 1's character rage-flips the table, and the battle begins.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

TwilightV

Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha

TwilightV

Captain_Toad

Super Smash Bros. Violent Discussion

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Jeremyx7

Super Smash Brothers 'U'niverse sounds awesome imo.

Also, on the topic of new character additions...I feel they should definitely add Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising, Various Fire Emblem & Golden Sun Characters, another Metal Gear Solid Character(at least one), one or two more F-Zero characters, King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country, Slippy from Star Fox(that's right I said SLIPPY!), Knuckles & Tails, and many more that would take to long to add here......

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

BandG

i dont find it likely that they will keep the pokemon trainer (with the same gen pokemon) probably a different gen, also i hope that they dont keep shiek, because she hasnt been in a game since ocarina of time 10+ years ago

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

BandG

also the only bad thing in super smash bros (in my opinion) is the total unequal strengths between characters, i think many of the characters have to be redesigned because of their extreme weakness when compared to stronger ( top tier) characters

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Happy_Mask

Slippy?
Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

ItsFuzzyPickles

Blakerton wrote:

i dont find it likely that they will keep the pokemon trainer (with the same gen pokemon) probably a different gen, also i hope that they dont keep shiek, because she hasnt been in a game since ocarina of time 10+ years ago

I don't see why. Recentness isn't a factor that Sakurai considers when adding characters and Red is the most important Pokemon Trainer around. Importance >>>>> Recentness, so I would be shocked to see Red cut.

I feel as if Sheik was going to be cut, it would have been in Brawl. Sakurai will keep Sheik around for this game.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I just found it interesting that Sheik is still around after TP Zelda is the design they used. There's tons of things they could add or improve, but they are going to choose the most important of those choices.
They could have a Young Link from Majora's Mask that can transform using masks by pressing down B, while having his Final Smash be Fierce Deity Link, but they probably won't do that.
They choose the overall definition of these characters and go with that. Maybe costumes could change things, but again, there are like 5 different Links in the series, and other characters with multiple incarnations must be 'filtered' to decide which one is most important.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jeremyx7

@Happy_Mask ...but...but.....but I was being serious Q_Q.

@Blakerton Tiers are a completely lazy & unfounded viewpoint created by those who make up excuses in fighting games. I've played against so many people in person as well as online using so called 'low tier' characters against their so called 'high' tier characters and can win the majority of the time depending on how skilled my opponent is. Every single character can be used in some kind of ridiculous 'overpowered' way if being used by a competent & skillful player who knows how their character's move sets work. My top characters that I use to utterly beat 80% of the people I face on brawl are Link, Ganondwarf, Samus(armored), Ness, Zelda, King Dedede, Captain Falcon all of which are considered to be the worst by people who believe in the tier nonsense. All the tier list really is is a popularity contest for people who feel a character is most accessibly playable from the get go.

It's almost like saying Mario is the best character to use in Mario Kart because he has the most overall balanced stats. Which in reality it really depends on the play style of the player as well as how they utilize the character's strengths in ways their weaknesses won't be exposed. Truly comes down to skill when talking about brawl. (except for those cheap regrab moves some people use!! D:<)

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

Happy_Mask

HA! YA SEE! Jeremy thinks chain grabs are evil as well. u_u

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Ernest_The_Crab

@SCAR392

I'm pretty sure they'll use the Skyward Sword incarnation of Link. Last game they used TP's Link (art wise). The one's before were both Ocarina of Time I believe with Melee having Young Link as well. They changed Young Link to Toon Link in Brawl which will most likely carry over due to the soon to be released remake of Wind Waker.

That means the most recent incarnation of Link, that will be the main one, is Skyward Sword unless somehow the "new" Zelda game we're waiting for comes out before the "new" Smash Bros. game and/or they decide to reduce the character set to having only one version Link.

Hopefully, they do reduce it down to one though. Nintendo has bunch of other characters they can use without needing to resort to clone characters, especially from their new IPs (Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, Xenoblade, etc).

Still hoping for a FreakyForms map that will import my creations and have them randomly messing around in the level (obviously for the 3DS version of the game).

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

SCRAPPER392

@Ernest_The_Crab
That makes sense that they would use the newest one. There was a toon Zelda and Ganondorf, but no one wants those toon versions. That just gives more reason to rid of the young toon Link.
All we can really do is wait. They know what's best for their own game.
I don't see those 3DS characters making it in the game as full playable characters though. There's other ones that were surprisingly absent or present vs. characters I would consider more important. i.e. Some of the assist trophies. I would have rather had Little Mac or Saki rather than Sonic or Snake. Those characters didn't really fit, and they ended up being pointless additions IMO.

Qwest

Snagrio

I seriously wonder what's going to happen in the Fire Emblem division. I think it's obvious that Marth will stay, but what about Ike? Will he be replaced by Chrom and/or Lucina or will they "coexist?" What about Roy? (Though I've about given up on the idea of him coming back).

Another thing I ponder is if Marth's voice will change to English, since he now has a Western game release. Not sure what I feel about that possibility...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Jeremyx7

As far as Fire Emblem Characters go I would love to see them put different class types in Smash Bros besides the typical Lord Class Characters. Although Chrom should be in the next one because he's just so boss! But imagine others classes such as a knight, mage, or even a archer class. That would be pretty sweet if balanced properly. Say'ri or Panne would be awesome too.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

SCRAPPER392

Just remember that they aren't planning on getting 50 characters in the game. They prioritize and choose which characters are the most wanted. We would have 35 Mario characters playable if they just threw every character in the game. Same goes for Metroid, F-Zero, etc.
i.e. I want a Goomba and an Octorok as a playable character = not gonna happen
I want the mail delivery guy from Zelda to be playable = not gonna happen

BTW I don't actually want these characters to be playable per se, but I understand why or why not.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Kaeobais

Namco came out and said they think the current roster is about as much as they want. They'll simply remove and add some characters, and improve on the existing ones.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic