Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 22,095

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

461. Posted:

@Happy_Mask
Exactly. I see people in online games winning because of lag most of the time, and thinking they are actually good at the game.
That kind of pertains to what you're saying, but I completely agree about spamming moves. There should always be a way to counter a move either before or after it is performed, especially when there are people who will resort to such cheap tactics that were clearly not intentional in the game design.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

462. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

For the record, "Pros" shouldn't be resorting to underhanded methods to achieve victory. Actions such as chain grabbing and the like only prove you can't win otherwise. :P

I'm sorry, but what about techniques like Wavedashing are "underhanded"? Is it because you don't want to dedicate the time and effort to mastering them or getting around them?

The part of the Smash community I hate the most are the people who tell other people how to play the game. The people who say "it's not Smash" if you don't play under a certain set of rules. Be it the "Stop Having Fun Guys" who demmand every match be played with no items and only on balanced stages, or scrubs who complain when people actually try to get good at the game.

This is chain grabbing. It's not even a fight anymore, there is literally nothing you can do to get out of it. There's being good at a game, then there's spamming a cheap system over and over again till your opponent loses. I don't care what the heck you do against CPU's, but this just looks like you're trying to piss people off. I don't care if you think I'm some sort of obnoxious elitist, but anybody who chain grabs a human player I have 0 respect for. You can call me a "stop having fun guy" if you want, but that is NOT being good at a game.

Then don't get his in the first place.

JK. I actuall agree that chain grabbing in Smash could use some work. Maybe some sort of grab tech(not sure what the exact word would be) so that you can break grabs. Though most CGs do take a lot of skill to pull off(with exceptions, like Dedede's grab-release BS). But I'm not sure what other techniques you're referring to. I don't see what's so underhanded about stuff liek Wavedashing.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=51763efee4b0bd1609c69c04

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

463. Posted:

To curb this edgy conversation, I'm going to put in my own two cents regarding the upcoming roster. For one thing, WE DON'T NEED MORE MARIO CHARACTERS! I swear, if I had a dollar every time someone's wish list was 90% of more Mario peeps, I'd be at least moderately rich. There are plenty more series that deserve a spot beyond extra Mario characters like Bowser Jr. and Waluigi. Furthermore, people really need to keep their third party hopes in check. Sonic was in because he was the most requested, and Snake was admitted due to Sakurai's, um, friend? don't remember who it was but whatever, begged him to have Snake in. And quite frankly, I don't think he fits with the rest of the SSB cast, but that's just me. Now I'm not saying that more third party characters are completely out of possibilities' realm, for example Mega Man, and ever more so Namco representatives such as Pac-man and Lloyd are quite likely, but when people start throwing ideas around the Crash Bandicoot and Master Chief, that's when it gets ridiculous. Sorry about the rant, but I just needed to release a little steam regarding the matter.

Now as for my own hopes, I'd like to see Chrom (and/or Lucina), K. Rool, and perhaps one of the new Captains in Pikmin 3.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

464. Posted:

I said nothing about wavedashing. :P
It's easy to perform, and pretty easy to counter. I don't even understand why it was there in the first place, at least for me it didn't impact the overall gameplay at all. Of course, my friend used to wave dash all the time, so I had a bit of practice with the timing(I could generally land a couple of falcon punches per match), but all it really ever seemed to me was flashy, even at the tournies I attended. I could care less about stuff like that. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

465. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

I said nothing about wavedashing. :P
It's easy to perform, and pretty easy to counter. I don't even understand why it was there in the first place, at least for me it didn't impact the overall gameplay at all. Of course, my friend used to wave dash all the time, so I had a bit of practice with the timing(I could generally land a couple of falcon punches per match), but all it really ever seemed to me was flashy, even at the tournies I attended. I could care less about stuff like that. :P

Alright then. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't sure what you meant when you said "and the like," and wavedashing is the technique that most scrubs target. My bad.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

466. Posted:

I'm not against wave dashing in particular either. I don't really get the fight for or against it at all, because it doesn't really help much anyway so it's easy to counter, but I'd rather not have it there because it's not specifically designed in the game as a tactic.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

CM30

467. Posted:

Well, it's an old topic, but apparently Namco Bandai are recruiting staff for the game:

https://twitter.com/nbgi_webmaster/status/316391577369055234

Or in translation:

Urgent notice from Namco Bandai! We want more development staff for our new Gundam game and Super Smash Bros 4! If you think you're up to it, go and apply here!

Either way, could be a good opportunity for any Japanese members with good programming/game development skills who want to work on Super Smash Bros 4, right?

Edited on by CM30

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

468. Posted:

Sounds like the working title is "Super Smash Bros. 4".

Obviously, it'll change though.

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN!

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

469. Posted:

@3DSonicPizzaHD Well that's what everyone's been calling it, until we know the real name anyway (still think it will be Collision).

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

470. Posted:

Well, what is another word for "fight" other then "brawl" and "melee"?

LOL, RAYMAN

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

Check out Ninten-Times!

AuthorMessage

shinpichu

471. Posted:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/fight?s=t

AuthorMessage

ShadJV

472. Posted:

My vote continues to go for Super Smash Bros Kerfuffle.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

473. Posted:

shinpichu wrote:

3DSonicPizzaHD wrote:

http://thesaurus.com/browse/fight?s=t

Super Smash Bros "Disagreement" xD

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

474. Posted:

Yes. Super Smash Bros. Disagreement.

Every battle will begin with all the player's characters sitting at a table having a discussion, but then Player 1's character rage-flips the table, and the battle begins.

LOL, RAYMAN

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

Check out Ninten-Times!

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

475. Posted:

Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha :P

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

476. Posted:

Untitled

New prediction roster. Likely to be my last one post-E3.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

477. Posted:

Super Smash Bros. Violent Discussion

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Currently Nominating Best Spooky VGMs and Best RPG Battle Music

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Jeremyx7

478. Posted:

Super Smash Brothers 'U'niverse sounds awesome imo.

Also, on the topic of new character additions...I feel they should definitely add Magnus from Kid Icarus Uprising, Various Fire Emblem & Golden Sun Characters, another Metal Gear Solid Character(at least one), one or two more F-Zero characters, King K. Rool from Donkey Kong Country, Slippy from Star Fox(that's right I said SLIPPY!), Knuckles & Tails, and many more that would take to long to add here......

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

AuthorMessage

BandG

479. Posted:

i dont find it likely that they will keep the pokemon trainer (with the same gen pokemon) probably a different gen, also i hope that they dont keep shiek, because she hasnt been in a game since ocarina of time 10+ years ago

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

BandG

480. Posted:

also the only bad thing in super smash bros (in my opinion) is the total unequal strengths between characters, i think many of the characters have to be redesigned because of their extreme weakness when compared to stronger ( top tier) characters

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith