Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,481 to 4,500 of 27,917

Shirma_Akayaku

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Rosalina

If I recall correctly, Sakurai said that tripping will definitely not be in this game.

Well then it does make me wonder what will Diddy Kong's Down-Special will be...

Also, I think Rosalina,Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, and Villager will be playable from the start. Rosalina could be an unlockable, but since she was announced pretty early, I'd say no. Plus, I think having her playable from the start might influence players who are newcomers & old-comers to try her out. Lastly, when I get this game, I'm gonna put a 4-Player Level-9 CPU All Rosalina battle to see how it plays out.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

MrWalkieTalkie

While I doubt that ANYONE would agree with me. One character I'd like to see be included in Smash as a new fighter would be: MALLO!!!!
Untitled
Mallo is from the awesome puzzle series of Pushmo/PullBlox & Crashmo/FallBlox, a Nintendo IP that only exists through the 3DS eShop so far.

While it may not seem like Mallo qualifies much as a fighter, keep in mind that he is a sumo wrestler, wouldn't it be pretty cool to see him show us his skills? Also he could push and pull opponents away from him as he's best known for in his games, constantly pushing and pulling blocks. He'd be a bit on the slow side, doing his leisurely jog like in his games, and couldn't jump all that high, but he would be a heavyweight and so would cause massive damage with his sumo moves. Also, he could use a bird from Crashmo as his recovery move.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Shirma_Akayaku

@MrWalkieTalkie
While I do agree with you, I kinda doubt Nintendo would acknowledge him as a playable character. Maybe as an Assist Trophy though.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

FishieFish

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Rosalina

If I recall correctly, Sakurai said that tripping will definitely not be in this game.

So Sumia won't be in it?!?

"No one said you could touch."

UGXwolf

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that playable is the only way to represent a character, and that's because the other forms of representation don't come into play during competitive gameplay. Even so, characters with high notoriety, but no moveset, can easily be assist trophies and just have one move. There's nothing wrong with this. Massive characters that shouldn't be playable could be stage hazards or bosses. Like Rayquaza, Ridley, or Kraid. Poke'mon have tons of representation in the Poke'balls and don't forget trophies. Playable slots shouldn't be given to just any character, and should really be saved for the deserving ones. For the best and most interesting that have full move sets that can be utilized. I know a lot of people want Pac-Man, but why can't he just be an assist trophy, since Lloyd fits the playable character role so much better? And you know what? If Lloyd were an assist trophy, I wouldn't really be all that butthurt. Why can't Ridley be a stage hazard or a boss or an assist trophy. He fits all of these roles far better than that of a playable character. All I'm saying is that there are more ways to represent a character or series than as playable characters.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Shirma_Akayaku

UGXwolf wrote:

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that playable is the only way to represent a character, and that's because the other forms of representation don't come into play during competitive gameplay. Even so, characters with high notoriety, but no moveset, can easily be assist trophies and just have one move. There's nothing wrong with this. Massive characters that shouldn't be playable could be stage hazards or bosses. Like Rayquaza, Ridley, or Kraid. Poke'mon have tons of representation in the Poke'balls and don't forget trophies. Playable slots shouldn't be given to just any character, and should really be saved for the deserving ones. For the best and most interesting that have full move sets that can be utilized. I know a lot of people want Pac-Man, but why can't he just be an assist trophy, since Lloyd fits the playable character role so much better? And you know what? If Lloyd were an assist trophy, I wouldn't really be all that butthurt. Why can't Ridley be a stage hazard or a boss or an assist trophy. He fits all of these roles far better than that of a playable character. All I'm saying is that there are more ways to represent a character or series than as playable characters.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately, some people (or most) see "their" character as only playable and nothing else. This is a reason why I tend to dislike certain parts of the Smash Community.

EDIT: When I saw Ashley, I was perfectly fine when she was an Assist Trophy, yet people are still asking for her to be playable.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

UGXwolf

I don't think we should assume that Ashley and Kat & Ana can't BOTH be assist trophies, even though it does seem a bit unlikely, considering how few of them there were in Brawl. That said, I do think repeating a majority of the assist trophies just wouldn't be fun.

As for Little Mac, I think he'd be similar to Wii Fit Trainer (ergo, totally deserves a spot) in that he be a fairly strong, pretty fast, light-weight character with very limited range and a lot of mobility. The main argument against him is that all he does is punch and dodge, but so what? All Fox did, before Smash 64 was fly an Arwing. That wasn't even remotely part of his move set, though. And all Captain Falcon did before Smash 64 was drive a stupidly fast anti-gravity race car. Sakurai gave them move sets. Why can't Little Mac have one?

Also, Mii as an assist trophy would be awesome, and if they give Dixie her own slot, I wouldn't mind King K. Rool being an assist trophy, either. (I still insist that DK needs more rep. Maybe the Snowmad leader can be a stage hazard or a boss? Might be cool?)

luisesteban

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

While it may not seem like Mallo qualifies much as a fighter, keep in mind that he is a sumo wrestler, wouldn't it be pretty cool to see him show us his skills?

Well, a stage of pushmo/pullbox should be awesome too.

luisesteban

Uncle_Franklin

In stage builder there needs to be an option to draw your own background.

Uncle_Franklin

MrWalkieTalkie

So one thing that concerns me so far in this game is Olimar.

I've noticed that in all of Olimar's appearances, he's only had up to 3 pikmin alongside him at most.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Even in his first footage of him in action, the trailer revealing Rosalina, shows him accompanied by no more than 3 pikmin.
Untitled

Has his pikmin limit been reduced? As a person who mains with Olimar, this is a bit concerning to me.

Also, there appears to be a lack of Rock & Winged pikmin entirely in this game. And it can't be because they're too new because this installment of Smash Bros. seems based off of some of the most recent releases seeing as we have stages based off of Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Sonic Lost World. Not to mention references to Animal Crossing New Leaf and Ashley has her updated appearance from Game & Wario, also recent games.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

SheldonRandoms

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Rosalina

But Lucario isn't tripping over his shoelaces, so what's going on in here, is he falling or something.........OR IS HE TRIPPING!?!?!?!?!?!
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So one thing that concerns me so far in this game is Olimar.

I've noticed that in all of Olimar's appearances, he's only had up to 3 pikmin alongside him at most.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Even in his first footage of him in action, the trailer revealing Rosalina, shows him accompanied by no more than 3 pikmin.
Untitled

Has his pikmin limit been reduced? As a person who mains with Olimar, this is a bit concerning to me.

Also, there appears to be a lack of Rock & Winged pikmin entirely in this game. And it can't be because they're too new because this installment of Smash Bros. seems based off of some of the most recent releases seeing as we have stages based off of Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Sonic Lost World. Not to mention references to Animal Crossing New Leaf and Ashley has her updated appearance from Game & Wario, also recent games.

I doubt it'd happen, but my hope is that the Rock and Winged Pikmin will be with one of the new captains as a second Pikmin rep. Also never noticed that Olimar has only 3 or less in all those screenshots, which is a little concerning.

However Olimar always picks 3 Pikmin automatically at the beginning of a match, so maybe Sakurai just never bothered to have him pluck more? Plus unless he got some other method of recovery, Olimar would be almost unusable with only 3 Pikmin, and his throwing special would become incredibly risky. And I don't think Sakurai would nerf a character so severely like that, I hope...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

Now that I just got a Wii U... I'm starting to lose interest in the 3DS version.... I'll still get it but I'm not buying it on day one. I'm definitely getting the Wii U version on day one.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

SheldonRandoms wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

@Rosalina

But Lucario isn't tripping over his shoelaces, so what's going on in here, is he falling or something.........OR IS HE TRIPPING!?!?!?!?!?!
Untitled

I seem to recall that that's a teetering animation. He's on the edge of the stage.

Pit-Stain

That's awesome! From what I see, I think it uses Special Rend.

Edited on by Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

Also, I hope Dialga is a Poké ball assist too. Dialga is like my favorite legendary Pokémon.

Pit-Stain

Randomname19

I like how NPC are so detailed that they can be mistaken for playable characters

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

UGXwolf

DestinyMan wrote:

This should rule out Spear Pillar as a returning Brawl stage, so now Pokemon Stadium 2 is likelier than ever.

I also hope for Dialga as a Pokeball Pokemon (wish I knew where the accent mark was on my keyboard), but I don't think we should be concerned about that.

Fun fact: while the official spelling does include an accent, this accent is actually incorrect. The correct spelling actually includes an apostrophe, as the name is a contraction of the Japanese words "Poketto" and "Monsuta," meaning "Pocket Monsters." It is also arguable this could be a contraction of the English words, but either way, the accent is actually completely unnecessary.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic