Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,441 to 4,460 of 27,917

SheldonRandoms

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

HADOKEN!!!!!!!!!

(Now I want to nickname my Lucario Ryu)

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Orngeblu

Why should the Aura Sphere be slower when it's bigger? -_- That doesn't make any more sense than if it were faster when it's bigger. It doesn't matter, but why are we nerfing the Aura Sphere, guys? Because it "doesn't make sense"? THAT doesn't make sense. Sakurai just made it more rewarding to charge a full Aura Sphere.

By the way, I love Lucario's new Aura Sphere design! c:

Edit: Let's just pretend this is directed at Romeo.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

You know, I can't help but find it a little suspicious of how long it's been since the Pyroshpere stage was shown including the foreshadowing message along with it. If Ridley was indeed just a stage hazard, wouldn't we have known about it by now?

Then again I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to keep us guessing if he's playable or not. Heck, we could have another Toon Link/Alfonzo scenario going on.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SheldonRandoms

@WingedSnagret Well, the game is still in development.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Donalp15

How great would it be to see a giant Alfonzo terrorize the pyrosphere?
A little scary if you think about it, to be honest...

FC 0516 7736 7877

UGXwolf

Romeo wrote:

"A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

that's how it should be, always.

It's risk-reward. You take the time to charge it all the way up without getting hit or interrupted, and it's a much better attack. Making the powerful version slow makes it rather pointless as it's easy to shield, dodge, or just flat-out ignore completely. You'd never use the full size, if it were slow, you'd only use the small, fast one, because it's the only one that'll actually hit the opponent.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

WingedSnagret wrote:

You know, I can't help but find it a little suspicious of how long it's been since the Pyroshpere stage was shown including the foreshadowing message along with it. If Ridley was indeed just a stage hazard, wouldn't we have known about it by now?

Then again I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to keep us guessing if he's playable or not. Heck, we could have another Toon Link/Alfonzo scenario going on.

This one, I wouldn't suggest looking to far into. As much as it seems significant, it really isn't. There just likely hasn't been a reason to talk Metroid, lately, and unlike Kid Icarus and Kirby, which are two game Sakurai himself developed, and unlike Mario and Zelda, which are two games that are extremely big to Nintendo, Metroid is neither and has had no recent events to bring up discussion. Donkey Kong is about to get a release, so I expect it to get a bit of attention, this month, and it looks like Sakurai's finally starting to reveal Poke'mon for the game, so expect a few of those to be revealed, this Winter/Spring. Now my question: when does the main man plan on bringing us Star Fox news?

Uncle_Franklin

Lucario was my favourite before, and I think it's going to stay that way. That attack is huge!

Uncle_Franklin

19Robb92

A new move? Nice! Glad to see they're playing around with it a bit. Gives me a bit more hope that Lucario might actually be worth playing in SSB4.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

TheN64Dude wrote:

My Smash 4 Roster:

What did I just watch? DO NOT WANT!
How is Chrom a stupid choice, but Lyndis is perfectly ok? Why do people keep bringing up Sheriff and all these other super old characters that would have relatively no movesets? Let Game & Watch and ROB (assuming he returns) be the retro reps. We have enough.

Let me see if I can explain the "no Ridley" argument better. Bowser is big. But big is not Bowser. He can be hardly any bigger than Mario or the size of a castle without breaking the suspension of disbelief because we've just gotten used to it, at this point. Olimar is small, but small is not Olimar. His size it defined by the size of things around him, and if you remember, he was introduced fighting a giant ROB. This was in order to make him continue to feel super small, even though he wasn't, compared to the other players. Ridley is big. Big is Ridley. He is defined by his ruthlessness, destructive nature, and by being freakin' huge. He just doesn't feel right, when shrunk down to Samus's size. As a boss, he can retain the size and scale to pick up Samus in one hand. As a playable character, he cannot. Ridley should not be made playable, as it would make him less of what he is.

19Robb92 wrote:

A new move? Nice! Glad to see they're playing around with it a bit. Gives me a bit more hope that Lucario might actually be worth playing in SSB4.

Check again, there, buddy. That's his Up-Special. Even if they've renamed it, it effectively does the same thing, except now it appears it can be charged, or the charge depends on how strong Lucario's aura is, and a strong enough aura can get you completely murdered.

Pit-Stain

Good to see that Lucario is bieng buffed up.

Pit-Stain

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf: Best Ridley reasoning I've ever heard, and I agree completely.

It seems Lucario is getting some nice changes. I can only hope that his up-special now can actually damage other characters or have some sort of battering effect. The aura itself is also looking fantastic. It's......quite beautiful.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

@MegaStoneSmash91 I'm really loving the Aura effects, too. I get the feeling this couldn't have been done on the Wii U, and I'm proud of it. It's about time someone started using those graphical advantages!

EDIT: Upon re-reading Sakurai's massage, it seems very clear that he's implying this is one of those "increased aura effects" from before. More Lucario moveset and aura effects tomorrow, then?

Edited on by UGXwolf

UGXwolf

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@UGXwolf In Ridley's first appearance, he wasn't big. Big is not Ridley. And we've seen plenty of bizarre grabs, a one handed one isn't that far fetched.

I thought I addressed that. in Ridley's first appearance, he wasn't intimidating, either.

UGXwolf

DestinyMan wrote:

Well, someone's done a good job here.
Untitled

Cool pic, but it seems... overwhelmingly safe. With the exception of Bayonetta's inclusion, I can't find anything that's even remotely arguable. Even then, Bayonetta is an entirely possible addition.

That said, were this the real roster, I would be very annoyed at a few things:

-Exclusion of Wolf
-Exclusion of Ike
-Exclusion of Lucas

These characters have massive fanbases, two of them in Japan, primarily, but Ike and Chrom wouldn't render each other pointless, like Ike and Marth did with Roy. If they kept Toon Link, I find it hard to believe they'd kick Ike.

I also don't feel there's a reason to exclude PKMN Trainer. I'm inclined to consider this a very interesting fake, rather than a likely leak. Yes, I'm aware personal incredulity isn't a logical argument. I still don't feel this roster is right.

Uncle_Franklin

shinpichu wrote:

That leak is obviously fake. The real roster is below:
Untitled

Ha, yeah, like they'd include a stupid character like Wii Fit Trainer.

Uncle_Franklin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic