Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,421 to 4,440 of 27,917

Snagrio

ChoppedLiver wrote:

If Jigglypuff retains a place, I wonder if it'll have new moves on account of being a Fairy type now?

I've wondered this too. One idea that's been floating in my head is after using Sing to make an opponent fall asleep, Jigglypuff can use Draining Kiss to do damage and heal a little of her own simultaneously. Sing would probably have to be buffed to actually make use out of such a technique though.

Sure Jigglypuff can't actually learn Darining Kiss in any way in X and Y, but it wouldn't be the first time a character had a move in Smash that they never utilized in their home game.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

I swear if Sakurai posts another Kid Icarus related PotD tomorrow...

Snagrio

SheldonRandoms

WingedSnagret wrote:

A better question would be "Will he not post another Kid Icarus related PotD tomorrow?"

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Pit-Stain

Anyone predicting Diddy Kong on the 13th of February?

Pit-Stain

Pit-Stain

That's totally awesome!!! I might start choosing Lucario now!

Pit-Stain

MegaStoneSmash91

Wait, doesn't it operate the exact same way in Brawl? The most powerful version does look a tad bigger than it ever got before, though. Neat.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Budda

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Wait, doesn't it operate the exact same way in Brawl? The most powerful version does look a tad bigger than it ever got before, though. Neat.

Nobody claimed that he has new abilities. :3
His most powerful version isn't just a tad bigger. In Brawl the Aura Sphere is just barely as big as Lucario when he is in the pose like in the pic of the day.
The new size is HUGE!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

MegaStoneSmash91

Well, now that I look at it again, it IS much bigger. I can't believe I didn't notice the significant change. I feel like an idiot. Sakurai probably just added that extra tidbit about how the move works for people new to the series, or just to clarify that it hasn't changed in that regard. I'm surprised he mentioned that and not the size increase, which is probably why I was confused.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Prof_Clayton

WingedSnagret wrote:

...you'd bow down to your God Sakurai-chan?

In all seriousness it is a lot of pics for that one character and his two stages, maybe this means there could be Palutena or Magnus revealed eventually?

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Romeo

"A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

that's how it should be, always.

Romeo

Randomname19

Romeo wrote:

"A size comparison of Lucario's standard special attack, Aura Sphere, in its weakest and strongest states. The attack is faster and more powerful when the Aura Sphere is bigger."

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

I think that's the point,people expect a big slow sphere so Sakurai made the opposite to make things more intersting

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Snagrio

Prof_Clayton wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

...you'd bow down to your God Sakurai-chan?

In all seriousness it is a lot of pics for that one character and his two stages, maybe this means there could be Palutena or Magnus revealed eventually?

There was a Magnus image "leaked" yesterday at Smashboards, but they tore it apart pretty fast. The Palutena leak is still going strong however, and getting stronger. In fact we at Smashboards analyzed the statue of the new stage and discovered that the face of it matches the one on the leak just about perfectly. But it's too hard to tell for certain since the statue's face obviously gets all pixilated close up.

Snagrio

Romeo

Randomname19 wrote:

Romeo wrote:

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

I think that's the point,people expect a big slow sphere so Sakurai made the opposite to make things more intersting

it might be interesting for the first day.. or for the first few matches, but then it's just stupid
it doesn't make any sense...

so yay.. everyone will get surprised once when fighting against lucario (or playing as lucario) and afterwards it'll just get annoying because it doesn't make any sense

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Budda

Romeo wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Romeo wrote:

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

it might me interesting for the first day.. or for the first few matches, but then it's just stupid

so yay.. everyone will get surprised once when fighting against lucario (or playing as lucario) and afterwards it'll just get annoying because it doesn't make any sense

Well, try to charge his attack at high damage. It is called "risk/reward".

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

JoyBoy

Romeo wrote:

Randomname19 wrote:

Romeo wrote:

why?
small = faster + weaker
big = slower + stronger

it might me interesting for the first day.. or for the first few matches, but then it's just stupid

How is a double jump making sense for you, because it doesn't, like a ton of other things in this game and other games and no one cares.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic