Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 27,917

Orngeblu

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

I'm wondering , is the Beetle able to transport the player out of the arena and kill him?
Let's say a player is far above the ground and you hit him with it, what will happen?
It really depends on how far it will carry the player. :3

That would be really overpowered though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

The Beetle will probably be use for a Meteor setup or a strong mid-air Smash attack.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

19Robb92

I wonder if he's trying to debunk the Palutena "rumor".

That stage looks very low on detail compared to others though.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Pit-Stain

The stage looks gorgeous and I agree with @DestinyMan. It's just a statue so it doesn't de-conform her. I hope she becomes playable, always been a big fan of Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Pit-Stain

MegaStoneSmash91

@DestinyMan: I don't think anyone could have said it better. This statue is nothing more than.....a statue. It's similar to the Spirit Tracks stage Toon Link fiasco, and we all know how that turned out.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

PaperLucario

Eh, I looked at the screenshot and chuckled, thinking it was more of Sakurai trolling, similar to Skull Kid.

PaperLucario

mamp

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena."

Sakurai you ****ing troll!!! XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Pit-Stain

DestinyMan wrote:

Hey, Sakurai can tease. If I had to work on not one, but two huge Super Smash Bros. games and were fully responsible with all the characters' movesets while still smarting from an arm injury and was reading up the internet and Miiverse seeing posts like, "Sakurai is such a troll", I would be kinda miffed. I might have been tempted to mess around with such ungrateful people. I'm just so sick of all the whining Sakurai gets. Give the man a break, please.

I highly agree with you! Every time Sakurai teases something everyone is like "SAKURAI YOU BIG TROLL!!!".

Pit-Stain

LyIa

DestinyMan wrote:

Hey, Sakurai can tease.

And he is pretty darn good at it.

all men are kings 👑

UGXwolf

IMO, Sakurai being a troll is a good thing. I dunno if he'd see it that way, but it makes the Smash Pics of the Day so much more interesting.

On a more important note, can anyone see the bangle on Palutena's belt? Because I don't see any there. This may not (probably wouldn't) de-confirm the leak pics, as Sakurai could've intentionally left them off, but if they ARE there and the Starman everyone found on Palutena's belt isn't there, that would strongly suggest that the leaks were, indeed, an incredibly good fake.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Snagrio

PALUTENA! SHE'S COMING GUYS, SHE'S COMING!

I mean uh, yeah a Wii U Kid Icarus stage, that's neat.

But seriously if Sakurai did all this teasing just to pull a "psych! She's an Assist Trophy!" bit, well, go home Sakurai, just go home.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

UGXwolf

WingedSnagret wrote:

But seriously if Sakurai did all this teasing just to pull a "psych! She's an Assist Trophy!" bit, well, go home Sakurai, you're drunk.

Fixed that for ya. :3

But in all seriousness, what's more interesting is this is a WII U Kid Icarus stage. So far, stages have reflected console counterparts. Could Sakurai be dropping hints, here?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Randomname19

WingedSnagret wrote:

But seriously if Sakurai did all this teasing just to pull a "psych! She's an Assist Trophy!" bit, well, go home Sakurai, just go home.

Sakurai is not teasing anything,He just showed a Kid Icarus stage where there's a statue of Palutena because she's an important charachter of the franchise .The one that has to go home is whoever made that fake picture (or leaked it if it's true).

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Orngeblu

If it's a Kid Icarus stage for the Wii U, it can't be a Kid Icarus: Uprising, stage, right? Sakurai said stages will be exclusive to games on either of the two consoles, so is this a stage based on the classic Kid Icarus, or am I wrong? :I

I'm also starting to get warmed up to Palutena, I want her to be playable. c:

Inb4allthesaltypeoplewhodon'twantpalutena.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

I would go on about why I believe the leak looks even more real now (Smashboards is analyzing this as we speak), but I'll keep my mouth shut.

Snagrio

Pit-Stain

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

PALUTENA IS PLAYABLE
as explained by the REAL Pic of the Day.
Untitled

lol. Alfonzo is in charge of everything! (This should be a meme)

Pit-Stain

Snagrio

Pit-Stain wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

PALUTENA IS PLAYABLE
as explained by the REAL Pic of the Day.
Untitled

lol. Alfonzo is in charge of everything! (This should be a meme)

It already is one.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic