Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,241 to 4,260 of 27,917

TheN64Dude

@MegaStoneSmash91 Roy can be considered the most important Fire Emblem character after Marth and Ike given that he is the most iconic and the only other character besides Leif to have significance in more than one Fire Emblem installment. His game got an international prequel starring a relative directly based off of him. And of course it's important to bring back whatever characters you can as Sakurai does not usually favor cutting characters.

Get "N" or Get Out!

shinpichu

TheN64Dude wrote:

@MegaStoneSmash91 Roy can be considered the most important Fire Emblem character after Marth and Ike given that he is the most iconic and the [bold]only other character besides Leif to have significance in more than one Fire Emblem installment. [/bold]

If you're going to count Roy's cameo in FE7 as a "significant" appearance, then you also have to count Seliph's appearance in FE5.

And by character, I assume you meant "Lord", otherwise you'd be forgetting characters like Camus and much of the FE9/10 cast.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

UGXwolf

What's wrong with a game being played in more than one way? Just because there IS a method of playing with boss characters doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. It wouldn't really take away from the rest of the game, either, since it'd really just load the battle scenario with the player capable of controlling the boss. Why is that even remotely a problem? You'll still have your own main battle mode where the rules are standard, and you can remove the items because you're afraid random chance is gonna make you lose at a video game. If you don't find luck-based things or new methods of play interesting, then fine. Don't USE those things. Smash gives you the options of turning them off for a reason. I just fail to see how this is any different from special Brawl in SSBB.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

OdnetninAges

UGXwolf wrote:

What's wrong with a game being played in more than one way? Just because there IS a method of playing with boss characters doesn't mean you HAVE to use it. It wouldn't really take away from the rest of the game, either, since it'd really just load the battle scenario with the player capable of controlling the boss. Why is that even remotely a problem? You'll still have your own main battle mode where the rules are standard, and you can remove the items because you're afraid random chance is gonna make you lose at a video game. If you don't find luck-based things or new methods of play interesting, then fine. Don't USE those things. Smash gives you the options of turning them off for a reason. I just fail to see how this is any different from special Brawl in SSBB.

If they did something like that, there would still be people that would think it was a waste, and that the time, effort, and disk/cartridge space should have gone to putting in more stages and characters. Now, this is how people felt about the Masterpieces in Brawl, but that's a different situation. The Masterpieces were just demos, so I can see why people would complain about those. This, which would presumably be an optional mode and actually be something some people would enjoy, would still have the same effect, even though it would just be a bonus mode, like Special Brawl.

Regardless, I respect everyone's opinion, and if some people don't want to see something like that and think effort should be put elsewhere than I understand completely.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Hunter-D

I'm going to put in a real effort with Link this time around.

So far (from the confirmed characters) I plan to main Pit, Luigi & Link.

Hunter-D

UGXwolf

No one's brought this up, but to clarify, the wording seems to imply that this is an item and not a part of Link's moveset. This could be confusing, as it would've been referred to as an item in the Legend of Zelda, and that did throw me for a second.

As I'm reading the posts, I see that most people assumed it was just an item, anyways, so we're all on the same page, but it's an interesting thought, at least. (If anyone suggests we already know Link's whole moveset, do keep in mind that we're still in development, and things CAN change.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

19Robb92

I thought it was pretty clear that it's an item, and not part of Link's moveset. Otherwise he would have written attack/move etc. . ^

Pretty neat addition. I can see some pretty funny scenarios happening with that.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

JoyBoy

Haha nice, that will make for some interesting fights.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Randomname19

This Smash Bros actually makes me want to use items,I barely use them in Brawl.

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf wrote:

...do keep in mind that we're still in development, and things CAN change.

Thank you. I keep mentioning this to people, but they don't seem to get it. Not necessarily anyone on this site, but just people in general.

The Beetle was very unexpected, but I'm glad regardless. It should be an interesting way to start up a chain reaction of some sort. I can't wait to see how different characters will feel about this happening to them, along with any struggles to escape it's clutches. Some expressions, such as King Dedede's, should be quite entertaining.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Randomname19

I hope the fire flower will work like in the Mario series instead of being a flamethrower and that the starman will make whoever is using it rainbow-colored instead of covering him in sparkles

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

SomeBitTripFan

I'm honestly want to see the potential use of the Beetle in the air-game. I'm wondering what state it puts the player in when it drops them.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

DreamyViridi

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I'm honestly want to see the potential use of the Beetle in the air-game. I'm wondering what state it puts the player in when it drops them.

Maybe it takes opponents slightly higher off ground and further away from the user, and wastes their double jump when freed? That sounds a bit broken though. I imagine the Beetle can be used to position opponents strategically for planned Meteor Smashes and such.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Budda

I'm wondering , is the Beetle able to transport the player out of the arena and kill him?
Let's say a player is far above the ground and you hit him with it, what will happen?
It really depends on how far it will carry the player. :3

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Blast

I hope the way Marth looks in this game is the same way he looks in SMT X FE for Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic