Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,221 to 4,240 of 27,917

Shirma_Akayaku

@UGXwolf
Your idea sounds very interesting... I'd play that mode... although I only see it in a single player mode.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

Wonder_Mask wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Playable bosses? Plz no. I'd rather not have playable characters that completely redefine the rules of Smash.

It honestly just sounds like a glorified 1 vs. 3 from Mario Party, except without the randomness.

It'd be a 1-v-4, they wouldn't normally be playable, they'd only be usable for the solo player, and how does sounding like a Mario Party 1v3 with less random sound bad in any way, shape, or form. Mario Party is awesome.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pit-Stain

That's a pretty cool move. Picking up items will finally be easier.

Pit-Stain

19Robb92

So that's all it does?

That seems like a wasted move when playing without items...

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Pit-Stain

19Robb92 wrote:

So that's all it does?

That seems like a wasted move when playing without items...

It can reflect projectiles too.

Pit-Stain

19Robb92

Pit-Stain wrote:

It can reflect projectiles too.

Oh, that's pretty great. Would have been a bit weird if it only had one functionality.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

I personally prefer to play with items on low, anyways. This could be fun~ (Besides, Peach's turnips and items never seem to be 100% unable to spawn.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shinpichu

UGXwolf wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Playable bosses? Plz no. I'd rather not have playable characters that completely redefine the rules of Smash.

It honestly just sounds like a glorified 1 vs. 3 from Mario Party, except without the randomness.

It'd be a 1-v-4, they wouldn't normally be playable, they'd only be usable for the solo player, and how does sounding like a Mario Party 1v3 with less random sound bad in any way, shape, or form. Mario Party is awesome.

If I wanted to play Mario Party, I'd play Mario Party, not Smash Bros.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Orngeblu

Thought her Down-B would be useless until I heard it can reflect projectiles, I hope you're right.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Pit-Stain

Orngeblu wrote:

Thought her Down-B would be useless until I heard it can reflect projectiles, I hope you're right.

In the Rosalina announcement video, there was a scene were Rosalina reflected Mario's F.L.U.D.D with the same move in the new pic.

Pit-Stain

LordJumpMad

shinpichu wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

If I wanted to play Mario Party, I'd play Mario Party, not Smash Bros.

It's ok, when SmashBros. Wii U comes out, everyone online will pick Temple with Items on.
Because SmashBros. is not a real fighting game.

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

Pit-Stain wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

In the Rosalina announcement video, there was a scene were Rosalina reflected Mario's F.L.U.D.D with the same move in the new pic.

Edit: Well, now that I think about it, that looks to be it's only use, and it doesn't seem so bad after all, if Link throws a bomb at you, you can use her Down-B to disable it and possibly throw it back, and Down-B would likely be very useful against a Diddy Kong matchup, being able to pull his Banana's to you and you them against him, or again, disabling them.

Somewhat situational.

I figured you'd bring this up. That wasn't reflecting back at Mario, not the kind of reflection I was hoping for. Mario's Fludd is useless, too, unless they buffed it, which we don't know yet.

EmperorJumpMad wrote:

It's ok, when SmashBros. Wii U comes out, everyone online will pick Temple with Items on.
Because SmashBros. is not a real fighting game.

Basic Brawl is bad.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Bigtime

Speaking of FLUDD, anyone find it complete and utterly useless? Mario has been my main for all three games, never used FLUDD in Brawl. Failed to see a point.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Rezalack

The more I see Rosalina, the more I want to play her. That gif is awesome.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Pit-Stain

Bigtime wrote:

Speaking of FLUDD, anyone find it complete and utterly useless? Mario has been my main for all three games, never used FLUDD in Brawl. Failed to see a point.

The move is good for edgeguarding. It can push opponents when they're trying to recover so they fail in recovering.

Pit-Stain

Orngeblu

Bigtime wrote:

Fludd gives no advantage in the neutral game, unless it does damage. Pushing the opponent, who's off-stage, away from the edge, is impossible if your opponent always recovers low, and that's almost always the case in Brawl. Yeah, it's useless.

Pit-Stain wrote:

The move is good for edgeguarding. It can push opponents when they're trying to recover so they fail in recovering.

Read above.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Pootypie

I wonder who's next.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic