Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,141 to 4,160 of 27,917

Orngeblu

OdnetninAges wrote:

Part of me doesn't want her playable because I'd like to see Pit and Palutena interact with each other about the characters like Snake did in Brawl

omg yes, do it sakuray.

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

It's not Palutena, guys, it's Viridi!
Untitled
"This is definitely not a friendly girls night out…"

A very clever response I must say. Well played Sakurai, well played.

Viridi deconfirmed as a character.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

shinpichu

Personally I think this leak is real. Of course, if this does turn out to be fake, it doesn't hurt Palutena's chances at all.

If the pictures are for real, then she's a playable character, since NPCs don't have outlines.

And if she is a newcomer, it's another point in favour of the Translator rumour.

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

UGXwolf

Maybe I'm just n00bin' it up, here, but I don't see how the Viridi pic de-confirms the Palutena screen shots.

As for this employee, it's arguable that they COULD be the Nintendo rep in their region, which would explain why they know about the demo, but then why would they have gotten art? Let alone incomplete art? The part about working in the Nintendo office could be to throw people off, but I really kinda doubt it. At the very least, if you view it as someone speculating what might be in the game, it looks very plausible. Other than that, I can't even fool myself into believing that one.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Snagrio

@UGXwolf To be honest I only put up the employee rumor for grins. I'm not really buying it myself.

And the way I see it the Viridi pic actually encourages the leak. It's almost as if Sakurai is playing right along with us.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

Also, remember the rumour that the game(s) were to come out this spring but was almost immediately shot down by Nintendo? They haven't acted on this supposed leak yet. Something to think about...

Snagrio

shinpichu

I think the Viridi picture is just a coincidence. It's not like Nintendo to acknowledge leaks like this (remember, they didn't acknowledge the Cranky leak until VGX).

Anyway, what's everyone’s opinion on the Translator leak?

Oh look! I'm not a new account! Yeah, I've been here a while. If you can grasp that fact, I come baring news. I recently got into some money and for that, I chose to travel to Japan. I hired a translator and visited Mr. Sakurai as Smash Bros. is one of my favorite series of all time. I told him if he could give me any news on the series and he reluctantly agreed.
He told me to expect quite a few newcomers and some surprises. Go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but when I get everything right, I will be the one laughing all the way to...uh...my...house.

MARIO

*Rosalina is the first and only Mario newcomer for the game.

*There were plans Waluigi to be playable but he was scrapped and his Assist has been greatly updated and is more devastating than ever before. After Waluigi, the plan was originally to have Toad playable but he was later decided to remain as Peach's B move.

*There were never any plans for Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Daisy to be playable. The former was considered to be an Assist Trophy, but that idea was quickly rid of in favor of a cult favorite Mario character.

*Fawful is the new Mario Assist Trophy, he replaces Hammer Bro. Fawful is kind-of like this game's Mr. Resetti and he flies around the screen talking in his amazingly hilarious voice and will attack players at random.

DONKEY KONG

*The next character revealed will be Diddy Kong for Tropical Freeze's JP release date.

*There will be a DK newcomer, though. It's King K. Rool...AND Dixie Kong. K. Rool is a standalone player and the heaviest fighter on the roster. Since he is heavy, he is also very powerful and is capable of launching fighters like Kirby and Olimar off the screen with two heavy Smash attacks. He does use the blunderbuss as his final smash. He jumps in the air and releases cannonballs from the top of the screen while launching mini-cannonballs from the side of the screen. Gangplank Galleon is confirmed to be a stage.

*Dixie Kong will be paired with Diddy Kong. Although, they'll play more like Zelda/Shiek than the Ice Climbers. Dixie has her own separate moveset but her moves are not confirmed as she not fully worked on yet.

ZELDA

*There is a Zelda newcomer but who that is, I do not know. They are keeping it a real secret. I did hear the Japanese names for Ghirahim and Tingle but if they're playable, I do not know.

*Ganondorf will retain some of C. Falcon's moveset but he has been buffed. His moveset now includes his sword. The sword can be equipped by crouching down and pressing B.

FIRE EMBLEM

*The newcomer for Fire Emblem is Chrom. As if it wasn't obvious enough, he uses the Falchion as his main attack and does NOT replace Ike. Marth, Ike and Chrom are the Fire Emblem characters. Chrom is planned to be revealed to celebrate the anniversary of the very first game.

*The Assist Trophy for the series is now King Gangrel and Aversa, actually. Lyn does not return. Gangrel runs fast across the stage using his Levin Sword while Aversa flies in the air using her 'Aversa's Night' as an attack. They are considered by Sakurai to be the most "unexpected" additions.

WARIO & YOSHI

*There are no major changes but Wario's classic attire is his default attire. I dunno if movesets are changed or not.

*Ashley is Wario's Assist Trophy and replaces Kat & Ana.

METROID

*Ridley is Metroid's newcomer. They scaled him down to size. Remember that Brawl video showcasing him against the PT Trainer? He looks almost exactly like that. What they did is amaz(ing?)

STAR FOX

*There are no major changes but Falco is further away from being a Fox clone and Wolf is no longer a semi-clone.

ANIMAL CROSSING

*Villager does have a female alt but nothing is changed.

*Tom Nook is the Assist Trophy alongside Mr. Resetti. He will go around randomly dropping bells, causing players to slip.

KID ICARUS

*Palutena is a newcomer. Her arsenal is almost entirely based from Uprising, is what I heard.

*Magnus is the KI Assist Trophy. He goes around swinging a sword and plays similar to Little Mac: fast, strong, but at times, suicidal.

POKEMON

*Mewtwo returns.

*Jigglypuff returns

*No cuts are made.

*Mewtwo and Lucario are not clones and their movesets barely resemble each others'.

KIRBY

*No newcomers for the Kirby series.

*Meta Knight will be revealed in the Summer of 2014, is what I remember.

MOTHER

*There are no major changes made to the Mother series.

RANDOM SERIES

*All misc. characters return with the addition of Little Mac. He looks like he does in the Wii reboot of Punch-Out!!

*WFT's male alt plays almost exactly like the female WFT.

*Yes, WFT does have a butt attack. HFT is given a headbutt instead.

*King Hippo and the Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion are Assist Trophies.

*I may have left out a few more veterans and stuff, but I am only retelling what I was told.

THIRD-PARTY

*We have Sonic and Mega Man in the third party slot.

*Snake does indeed return.

*Pac-Man will be the final newcomer revealed. Well, he won't be revealed...he'll be a secret character.

Go ahead and don't believe me. I know it's a lot to swallow but trust me, I know what I'm doing.ing according to Sakurai.

Edited on by shinpichu

UGXwolf

In some ways, I hope the Translator leak is real. In many, I hope not. I don't want Ridley playable, and I really want Lloyd, instead of Pac-man, but all of these things are still very plausible. No telling on the validity of the leak, so of course, I assume it's someone speculating.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

shinpichu

I kinda hope the translator leak is false as well, primarily because of how much content Awakening is getting(srsly, Awakening gets a new payable character AND the only Assist Trophy? C'mon). Plus, the story just doesn't sit right with me.

Blast

@shinpichu There is no way Snake is coming back. Just no way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Rezalack

That leak has got to be false. Especially because of that last sentence. I really don't think anyone working their donkeys off on this game would want to go and spoil everything. I imagine they like their fans to have some surprise.

Also.. is there seriously demand for Pac-Man? AND WHY? He's just so.. bland, even worse than a Mii as a playable character.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Captain_Toad

So much leaks today. A grain of salt is administered till the day of release I am giving.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Blast

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

How so? I don't see Snake being cut.

@shinpichu Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is coming to every platform except Wii U... You really think Sakurai is gonna put a guy in the roster whose skipping the Wii U? The same reason applies to why Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts won't be in this game.

Master of the Hype Train

luisesteban

I don't mind for Snake....they could add Wonder Red or Bayonetta in his place.

I just need a release date.

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

shinpichu

Blast wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

@shinpichu Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is coming to every platform except Wii U... You really think Sakurai is gonna put a guy in the roster whose skipping the Wii U? The same reason applies to why Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts won't be in this game.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was PS4 exclusive. Didn't stop Snake from getting in to Brawl, plus we got a ton of content from that game.

Any reason that someone could give for why Snake might be cut is a reason that's made moot by the fact that he made it in to Smash in the first place.

Snagrio

Captain_Toad wrote:

So much leaks today. A grain of salt is administered till the day of release I am giving.

I think you'll need more then a grain.

Snagrio

cookiex

I want Snake to return, and if he is returning I can see a reveal around March 20th because Ground Zeroes is coming out in Japan at that date.

His appearance in Brawl was pretty much an ad for MGS4, so it'd make sense he appears here in time for MGS5.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Blast wrote:

Metal Gear Solid 4 was PS4 exclusive. Didn't stop Snake from getting in to Brawl, plus we got a ton of content from that game.

Any reason that someone could give for why Snake might be cut is a reason that's made moot by the fact that he made it in to Smash in the first place.

@shinpichu Snake was only in the game because KOJIMA BEGGED FOR SNAKE TO GET IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

WrappedInBlack

WingedSnagret wrote:

We just received a .ZIP full of art. No descriptions, nothing else. Some like the last three in particular I’m fairly sure are alt costumes, but some (like Cranky Kong for instance) we have no idea about yet- could be Newcomers, could be Assist Trophies (and given that Skull Kid and Ashley are in there, we know that at least SOME of these characters are assists)

I WANT THAT .ZIP! PLEASE! FIND A WAY TO GET IT.... that's if this is real.... I doubt it is but... i wanna .zip

Brawl Code: 0348-2005-6973

Orngeblu

shinpichu wrote:

Anyway, what's everyone’s opinion on the Translator leak?

It's hard to believe Sakurai would give anyone this info outside of the team working on the game...

As for Chrom becoming a newcomer, I got FE: Awakening a week ago, and I don't see much of a move-set to go on, unless someone wants to correct me. Then again, I believe Sakurai could make it work, look what he did with Rosalina, she's perfect.

Mewtwo and Lucario were not even clones to begin with, that's like saying Mewtwo, or Lucario are clones of Samus.

Also, I don't think Snake will be cut, and I expect there to be almost no Brawl cuts if any.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic