Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 27,917

Snagrio

luisesteban wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Fake or not, I wonder if Sakurai is actually going to acknowledge this rumour in tomorrow's update since it's so huge by now.

Well this can't be good. In one way he denies the picture, and in the other he get pissed for the leak.

Some are saying that Palutena will be purposely scrapped because of this leak, assuming it is real. I doubt that'd happen, but then again Sakurai isn't putting cutscenes in SSB4 because everyone uploaded SSE's online...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Blast

WingedSnagret wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Fake or not, I wonder if Sakurai is actually going to acknowledge this rumour in tomorrow's update since it's so huge by now.

Well this can't be good. In one way he denies the picture, and in the other he get pissed for the leak.

Some are saying that Palutena will be purposely scrapped because of this leak, assuming it is real. I doubt that'd happen, but then again Sakurai isn't putting cutscenes in SSB4 because everyone uploaded SSE's online...

@WingedSnagret If Sakurai would get that upset that Palutena got leaked that he would take her from the game... his reputation would get shattered. There would be huge backlash from everybody. I can hear it now... "Will Sakurai just grow the heck up?! You're gonna punish everybody just because some clown leaked her?!"

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

SheldonRandoms

Or what if the leak was a set up. What if they just uploaded those two pictures by themselves, and then Sakurai is like "So I heard u liek Palutena, well she's in the game, but I bet you already knew that".

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

OdnetninAges

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Or what if the leak was a set up. What if they just uploaded those two pictures by themselves, and then Sakurai is like "So I heard u liek Palutena, well she's in the game, but I bet you already knew that".

Then this would cement the fact that Sakurai is one of the biggest trolls in the entire gaming industry.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Rezalack

OdnetninAges wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Then this would cement the fact that Sakurai is on of the biggest trolls in the entire gaming industry.

It actually seems like a pretty decent way to build suspense for a character.. all the while tormenting fans. I like it.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

CrimsonFire

OdnetninAges wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Then this would cement the fact that Sakurai is on of the biggest trolls in the entire gaming industry.

Untitled

SheldonRandoms

With all this talk about Kid Icarus, they should have a AR stage, that would be awesome!!!!!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

mamp

Well here's hoping it's real, the more new characters the better.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

OdnetninAges

Part of me doesn't want her playable because I'd like to see Pit and Palutena interact with each other about the characters like Snake did in Brawl, but the other part wants her playable because it'd be awesome, and I'd play as her a lot.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

My Anime List

UGXwolf

OdnetninAges wrote:

Part of me doesn't want her playable because I'd like to see Pit and Palutena interact with each other about the characters like Snake did in Brawl, but the other part wants her playable because it'd be awesome, and I'd play as her a lot.

That didn't stop Falco, Fox, and Wolf from getting in on the Star Fox vs Star Wolf convos. Why should it stop Palutena from conversing with Pit, when she's not on the field (or even if she is.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

WingedSnagret wrote:

This needs a bit of clearing up. People are putting words in Sakurai's mouth. What he said was that he felt that because SSE could just be found online, it didn't really feel like a crucial part of the game to him. He felt that if you can get the same experience watching online that you can get playing the game, itself, then the game isn't doing its job and the cutscenes are just wasting development dollars.

Now, I want to point out that I disagree with Sakurai, on this one. The cutscenes were a nice reward for playing. So, yes, I could just go watch them on YouTube, but I'd hardly call that the same experience. It's not even remotely as rewarding or worth seeing, when you didn't do the work to unlock the cutscene. Even so, I think he relizes that much and will try to find something to fill the gap. I hope so, at least.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

DestinyMan wrote:

Well, that was a brilliant response to the so-called Palutena "leak." Now excuse me as I eat some cyber popcorn and read the Miiverse whiners' responses.

Lol I love how Sakurai is messing with the internets a little

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MegaStoneSmash91

It can be pretty entertaining to see what all the people on Miiverse have to say. Calling them "whiners" is surprisingly accurate, though I'd throw some more words in there myself. None of which would be too positive to say the least. I'm sure this new screenshot, along with the Palutena images, are going to enrage, convince, and/or confuse most of them. It's a shame really.

With every new 3DS screenshot, it seems to look better and better. The Wii U version, being HD, is of course going to look good. I'm very pleased with how the visuals are looking on the 3DS, though. The slightly different style works quite well, and is looking clean and detailed.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

OdnetninAges

That screenshot is pretty cool! I can't wait to play on that stage.

UGXwolf wrote:

OdnetninAges wrote:

That didn't stop Falco, Fox, and Wolf from getting in on the Star Fox vs Star Wolf convos. Why should it stop Palutena from conversing with Pit, when she's not on the field (or even if she is.)

You know what, I don't know. I kept trying to think of a way to express how I feel that Snake's calls are different from Fox's calls, but I just can't.

So fine, you're right. I guess they could just switch Palutena out for Viridi if Palutena is in the battle or something.

My Anime List

LyIa

Hahaha. Yep. Innocent 12 year old newbs are fun to laugh at.

all men are kings đź‘‘

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

It's not Palutena, guys, it's Viridi!
Untitled
"This is definitely not a friendly girls night out…"

A very clever response I must say. Well played Sakurai, well played.

Snagrio

Snagrio

Oh look, another one of those "secret employee" leaks from 4chan.

Hello! I know there have been a lot of “leaks” lately so of course, believe what you want . I don’t have as much info as some of the other people who have shared things in the last few weeks, but I thought I’d fill you all in on some new things I’ve found out.

I work for a ~PAL Region~ Nintendo office. I won’t say which one because obviously I need to keep my location and identity a secret!

Some time in the next few months (most likely around April) there will be Smash demos installed on Wii U and 3DS demo stations that are currently at certain retailers (in my region- not sure about other regions plans for this but I imagine they’re the same). The Wii U version of the demo has been finalized and we have the code at our offices. That’s what I’m here to share info on.

DEMO CONTENT

The demo is simply a standard four-stock battle mode. This is the only content available in the demo, and only a small selection of stages and characters are available.

DEMO STAGES

>Battlefield
>Skyloft
>Smashville
>Wily’s Castle

DEMO CHARACTERS

>Mario
>Link
>Samus
>Pikachu
>Donkey Kong
>Pit
>Kirby
>Fox
>Mega Man
>Villager

Don’t ask why these characters were chosen for the demo, I don’t know! (I wish Wii Fit Trainer was in, I’m most excited to play her)

DEMO ITEMS

Items can be turned on and off, but the “item select” screen isn’t available. As far as I know, not all items from the final game are in the demo, even ones that have been revealed so far by Sakurai (for example, Assist Trophies and Pokeballs are not in the demo)

THE TRAILER

The demo has a trailer that plays after the title screen has been left idle for 2 minutes (retail workers can expect to see this trailer a lot!), and while it DOES show shadowy silhouettes of some new characters, nothing “new” is shown. There is some gameplay footage of veterans that haven’t been officially revealed yet (such as Ness, Jigglypuff, and Wario)

HOWEVER

We have also received some press assets and product info sheets about the game and I can confirm that the press assets include character art for:

Shulk
Wonder Red
Ashley
Ridley
Takamaru
Skull Kid
Mewtwo
Palutena
Lyn
Barbara the Bat
Cranky Kong
Isaac
Proto Man
Male Wii Fit Trainer
Female Villager

The thing about this is that we’ve only got art of these characters and no screenshots, so it’s hard to tell if they’re playable or not. We just received a .ZIP full of art. No descriptions, nothing else. Some like the last three in particular I’m fairly sure are alt costumes, but some (like Cranky Kong for instance) we have no idea about yet- could be Newcomers, could be Assist Trophies (and given that Skull Kid and Ashley are in there, we know that at least SOME of these characters are assists)

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic