Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 27,917

Snagrio

I'll be nice and say this week was just uninteresting.

But it definitely feels like something (or someone) is just around the corner.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shinpichu

I'm a bit late on this, but I thought I'd contribute to this:

It's fake, but not for the reason people have been saying.

For starters, it doesn't matter that the characters aren't ordered correctly. The E for All Brawl demo was pretty unordered as well:
Untitled

The one thing that deconfirms this is the art used for Yoshi's CS Icon. It's taken from this picture:
Untitled
This is an official image, but it hasn't been used for promotion of any specific game.

Anyway, the one thing that intrigues me about this is Mewtwo's CS Icon. It doesn't seem to be from any official source, so it was probably created just for this mockup.

Anyway, as for the image itself, I don't think it looks that terrible. It is a bit simple, and looks a bit to like a mockup of a CSS for my tastes., but if it were the official design, I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Edit: With regards to Pics of the Day, I don't mind that we get a few random jokey pics, but I do wish there were more pics that have information in them.

The thing I really wish Sakurai would do is give movesets for each character he reveals. Fan's should have to try and piece together movesets from scattered pics of the day and video clips. We shouldn't have to be speculating about the nature of the Phantom - Sakruai SHOULD have just EXPLAINED these things to us.

If he can be bothered to set up a 2 jokey pictures involving Dedede and Zelda, then I think he can also be bothered to explain a characters' moveset.

Blast wrote:

PLEASE TELL ME THATS NOT REAL! IF BAYONETTA OR WONDER RED ISNT IN THIS GAME... IM GONNA SCREAM.

@Blast Hope you're prepared for disappointment, because neither of those characters are very likely.

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

Pazzo-TheFool

DestinyMan wrote:

I feel January 31st, Super Smash Bros. Brawl's 6th anniversary in Japan, will be the day something big is announced. But, yes, I hope next week's pics are more interesting.

And, it's my Birthday. That makes it totally worth a Smash 4 reveal. XD

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Snagrio

shinpichu wrote:

Next week is actually both the Anniversary of the original Super Smash Bros. release and the release of Fire Emblem 3. So we could get something for those.

Chrom?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

shinpichu

WingedSnagret wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Next week is actually both the Anniversary of the original Super Smash Bros. release and the release of Fire Emblem 3. So we could get something for those.

Chrom?

Honestly had he not already been revealed, Marth would be the only real choice to reveal.

I find it much more likely we'll get a reveal for the Smash 64 Anniversary. Captain Falcon might be a good choice, seeing as how he doesn't have many upcoming games, plus how associated he is with Smash Bros.

DreamyViridi

shinpichu wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Chrom?

Honestly had he not already been revealed, Marth would be the only real choice to reveal.

I find it much more likely we'll get a reveal for the Smash 64 Anniversary. Captain Falcon might be a good choice, seeing as how he doesn't have many upcoming games, plus how associated he is with Smash Bros.

Valid point; if Sakurai has paid attention to the anniversary then any Smash 64 veteran (that hasn't been revealed yet) could show up. Captain Falcon, Ness or Yoshi in particular could be possible next reveals.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shinpichu

Ness and Falcon seem more likely, since they don't really have any upsoming releases or important dates to reveal them on. Yoshi might be saved for the Yoshi's New Island release.

Edited on by shinpichu

DreamyViridi

Right. Captain Falcon or Ness would be the returning ones due to a lack of new games for their series.

Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

shinpichu wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Right. Captain Falcon or Ness would be the returning ones due to a lack of new games for their series.

???

Are you implying they won't be returning?

What? No! They're Smash Bros. veterans since the very first one. They're bound to return but there's no new F-Zero or Earthbound games. Hence, their reason for returning would be because they are veteran fighters.

Mario Maker Levels

shinpichu

DestinyMan wrote:

Yoshi should be shown first. There's actually no release date for Yoshi's New Island in Japan yet, but I feel being one of the original veterans and also not a secret character like Captain Falcon or Ness would allow Yoshi to be revealed a bit earlier.

Yoshi's New Island is set for a summer release date.

And technically, Ness and Falcon weren't secret in Melee.

BandG

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Absolute garbage this week

Well that's rude. It's a pic of the day, not an announcement of the day.

Agreed. It's quite generous of Sakurai to give us screenshots every weekday at all. Not all of them are going to be revealing something new, or else these games would be totally revealed by the time they're released later this year.

Im not asking for something everyday, but this week only had 1 new announcement. And Sakurai has plenty to reveal, I look at it this way:
At least 20 more characters, with at least 6 of them being newcomers
At least 15 more assist trophies
At least 60 more stages from both games together
At least 30 more items
He could show some pokemon from pokeballs
He could show final smashes
A returning or new mode
and probably even more, there is definitely a lot of things to show. I know he will want to keep some things secret, but there is definitely enough to show a few things a week.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

DreamyViridi

@BandG - Do you want everything spoiled for you before the game's anywhere near release?

Mario Maker Levels

shinpichu

@DreamyViridi
I don't think revealing every character, stage, item, or Assist Trophy really counts as "spoiling" the game. Know that something exists and getting to use and play around with something are two very different things. Especially given how little information Sakurai has been giving use(seriously? not even a specials-only moveset for each newcomer?)

LyIa

DreamyViridi wrote:

@BandG - Do you want everything spoiled for you before the game's anywhere near release?

That's what they did with Brawl, hope they're not gonna make that same mistake again...

all men are kings 👑

Nintendaholic

DestinyMan wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Absolute garbage this week

Well that's rude. It's a pic of the day, not an announcement of the day.

Agreed. It's quite generous of Sakurai to give us screenshots every weekday at all. Not all of them are going to be revealing something new, or else these games would be totally revealed by the time they're released later this year.

I knew someone would say something... i do appreciate that pic of the day's even exist, but i think you know what i am saying, they just were not that great. i did not mean for it to sound as bad as it did.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Pootypie

AnActualDash wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

That's what they did with Brawl, hope they're not gonna make that same mistake again...

Then don't come here if you don't want spoilers

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

Despite the fact that I checked Brawl's Dojo site nearly every day, there were still plenty of surprises left for me to see when the game was released. Plenty of items, concepts, and characters made a lot more sense to me when actually playing the game. Even so, I don't want to know absolutely everything about the 2 new games. Speaking of which, I most likely won't anyway since there's a lot that just can't be shown through screenshots. Surprises are good when it comes to Smash Bros. When I see something awesome with no prior knowledge of it, I WILL get a giant grin on my face, and I WILL do a mini celebration of my very own.

I do hope that this "something big" which may or may not be coming, is Wario. Either that, or an announcement about game modes, Event Matches, or even the single-player mode. With the significant Smash dates coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like that.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Uncle_Franklin

I would like some surprises before I play the game. Can't really blame Nintendo for myself not being able to resist temptation, but I think it would be a good balance if they revealed all the starters, and kept back the unlockable characters. But whatever I'll be content enough. It's the game after all that counts, at the risk of stating the obvious.

Uncle_Franklin

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic