Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 27,917

Budda

KingDunsparce wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@WingedSnagret: I feel Sakurai might keep the vast majority of Final Smashes secret. They would make for great Pic of the Days, though.

I hope he's changing some of them up a bit. I loved most of Brawl's final smashes, but some characters now have things that would better fit for them. For example, I'm hoping Luigi's final smash becomes Luigi's Mansion related or a Luiginary Attack. I want the latter more, but that probably won't happen, so I think that a Luigi's Mansion final smash would be pretty cool. (Not sure what it would be, but...)

Hm.. I'm fine with Luigi's Final Smash in Brawl.
It is referring to Luigi's overall mood. And as the Trophy description says: "This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow." It's a Final Smash that shows some character. ^^ But Sakurai can always surprise me with something even better!

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

KingDunsparce

@BlueblurlxM Yeah, I've read the description before, I don't know... I just never really liked it too much (would've prefered something from a game, although, at that point, he didn't have anything besides Luigi's Mansion 1).

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

KingDunsparce

I'm sorry! D: hides under table Please don't hurt me

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

FriedSquid

Wonder_Mask wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Honestly, except for Samus and Bowser, I'd love for everyone's final smash to be new.

I think it'd be cool if everybody had two final smashes; a transformation one, and a standard strong one. Obviously that wouldn't work though, not everybody has a stronger form they could go into.

I like that idea, but it's true it wouldn't work for everyone. It'd be interesting to see a Mega Evolution Final Smash for a Pokemon character, or maybe Lucario if he returns.

Also, I definitely hope new Final Smashes will be at least more dynamic than previous ones. I mean, some of them were just really lame, like DK's, Jigglypuff''s, ROB's, Peach's, Mr. G&W... not many of them were really cool, and I feel like they could get more creative than those. Especially since there were so many copies of other Final Smashes, like the Starfox characters, both Links, Zelda/Shiek, and Ness/Lucas.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

OdnetninAges

I thought about there being two Smash Balls, one being rare and giving characters the ordinary Final Smash, and then an even more rare Smash Ball that gives you an even more powerful Smash Attack.

I don't think Sakurai will do that, though.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Nintendaholic

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I'm not sure if this sounds strange, but after enough thought, I would actually like to see Keldeo be one of the Pokemon reps.

We dont need any ponies in smash.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Dupree520

Blast wrote:

Dupree520 wrote:

Blast wrote:

If there's a freaking Sonic Lost World stage then there better be a Wonderful 101 stage and Bayonetta stage.

You want Bayonetta? Really?....

@Dupree520 It would strengthen the bond between Platinum Games and Nintendo if Wonder Red and Bayonetta were in the game. Capcom's Mega Man is in the game because Capcom supported Nintendo with that Monster Hunter and Resident Evil: Revelations games.

Are you worried about them strengthening their bonds?

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Dupree520

@Blast Hey, to each his own if thats your preference. But personally, if we're talking Third Party, I was thinking Castlevania.

Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS: Ice Climbers,
Mario Kart 8: Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, Birdo,

Uncle_Franklin

Surely Luigi's Final Smash should involve sucking opponents into Pultergust?

Uncle_Franklin

FishieFish

That's awesome.
I wonder if she'll be in both versions since there are Wario Ware games on both the GBA/DS/Wii and Wii U.

"No one said you could touch."

MegaStoneSmash91

Well, the Nintendog Assist Trophy is present on the Wii U version, and it's from a handheld series. I'd say that's a good indication that both versions will share them, or at least some. There could be some great 3D effects with the Dog right in your face like that.

Ashley as an Assist Trophy is good news in my book. She's an interesting character, but doesn't seem major enough to be a fighter. I'm pleased regardless. I was sad to see the number of posts on Miiverse complaining that she isn't playable. Exactly what happened with Skull Kid. I'm just glad she's there at all, and as I said, she doesn't seem to be fighter material to me.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

LyIa

I really wished she was a fighter, though. A guy can dream...

all men are kings 👑

Donalp15

I actually find Ashley's announcement rather odd. Yeah as an assist trophy she is fine, but she is announced before Wario, which just feels weird to me. Safe to assume Wario is back now, although its hardly a surprise.

FC 0516 7736 7877

DreamyViridi

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Who's the girl next door, living in the haunted mansion? You'd better learn my name because it's…"
Sakurai later comments:
"FYI, she's an assist trophy."

Re-posting for everyone to see on the new page.
Yeah, Ashley looks pretty cool here and it should be a clear OK sign for Wario's return. Ashley fits better as an Assist but I still hope the Wario Land series gets some attention. It'd be nice if they threw in Captain Syrup as another Assist or even just more trophies from the series.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Budda

I knew with one glance that something with her on this pic is wrong!

... Why does she have black eyes?

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic