@guitardude7

Multiple vets seem to have their movesets altered

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Snagrio

@Guitardude7 More changes are going on then you first might expect. For example, Pit's stance has been changed slightly when firing an arrow. This difference has happened after the initial E3 reveal as told by Sakurai. So in reality the characters from Brawl probably were indeed copy pasted, but at the same time are being tweaked around as development goes on.

If you look hard enough you'll see other differences too, like Luigi now having a flutter jump, Peach using a streamer while doing an up smash, and others.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Budda

Guitardude7 wrote:

@DestinyMan I know but what worries me is that there have already been 20 characters revealed. I can't see the roster going higher than 40 and there are still several veterans yet to be confirmed like Captain Falcon, Yoshi, Meta Knight, and Ness amongst others leaving little room for newcomers.

Not higher than 40? I think it won't be HUGE but still not that small.
I can see them adding a whole row from Brawls perspective. That would be +9 characters(Total 44 at last. Yea.. 4 fighters more makes a difference ).
Plus they remove some fighters from Brawl like Snake(I guess) for example. Makes it free for another new fighter.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

MegaStoneSmash91

@Guitardude7: Characters such as Yoshi, Captain Falcon, and Ness will be in the game for sure, but they wouldn't be responsible for taking up space in place of a newcomer, though. Sakurai can have as many characters as he sees fit, and just beacuse a character is guaranteed to return is no reason to replace a possible newcomer. The whole roster can't be newcomers, either, which seems to be what some people want. New this, new that. "Is it new? No? Then I don't like it." Why can't people just be satisfied?

As for changes, there's plenty of them. I've heard the "copy and paste of Brawl with HD/3D" thing many times, but there's a whole lot more to it than that. The physics of the game will be new, falling in-between Melee and Brawl. Some character's moves, appearance, or animations have been altered and/or updated, as was mentioned above. Examples being Bowser, Zelda, Peach, King Dedede, Pit, Marth, Luigi, and Link, with more changes likely on the way. The similar looks of some characters is most likely intentional, but for all the right reasons. Maybe Sakurai has already found a look he likes and feels changing it is unnecessary? Or perhaps he used existing models and animations in order to get the basics of the game off the ground, and so that he'd have something visual to release to the public? Either way, it makes a lot of sense, and I think calling it something along the lines of "Brawl version 1.5" is jumping the gun a bit. For instance, you mentioned Mario. While all his animations do seem to be straight out of Brawl (for now, at least), his general look has changed from realistic to simple and colorful. Much like every other character, he is making a transition to a new visual style while retaining his tried and true look. It's quite a difference from Brawl, too, and I love it. How much could he actually change, anyway? The games are still in development, and as Sakurai has said multiple times, some things could change by the time the games are released.

And what about the excellent new characters, stages, and items? Not to mention that there's going to be two distinct versions of the game. Each version features it's own set of trophies and stages while sharing the same roster of playable characters. There's also plenty of things that have yet to be discussed, such as game modes. Still, being similar to Brawl wouldn't be a bad thing at all. It will be tough to top it's level of extensive content and Nintendo goodness, but I'd say Sakurai's on the right track. Have faith in him. He knows what he's doing. He won't release the same game from over 5 years ago with minor upgrades.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Pootypie

Red3025 wrote:

I don't think we need ROB back.

This post just made me sad

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

I'm all for R.O.B coming back. He represents a classic piece of Nintendo history and is quite a fun character. I do have my doubts though.

@WaveBoy: Exactly my thoughts. Everything in Brawl was Twilight Princess-ized, even if it didn't make a lot of sense. Just look at Toon Link. Now with the new games, Toon Link actually looks exactly like he should. This type of game just feels more at home with this colorful style considering the source material. Characters like Mario and Luigi, Bowser, Toon Link, and King Dedede benefit from it so much.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Nintendaholic

WaveBoy wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I'm all for R.O.B coming back. He represents a classic piece of Nintendo history and is quite a fun character. I do have my doubts though.

exactly. still I'd rather see R.O.B go than Mr.Game & Watch.
Also, why haven't they included the ZAPPER as an in-game item? Instead, make way for the Ray gun. yayyyyyyy.
I think it's about time Captain N The game Master made it in the roster. far and away more desserving than Rosalina.
http://gamepodunk.ipbhost.com/uploads/gallery/album_6/gallery...

How about both? I dont see why anyone should be cut, anyone who is not a clone deserves to return.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

shinpichu

WaveBoy wrote:

I think it's about time Captain N The game Master made it in the roster. far and away more desserving than Rosalina.

Seriously? A character from an old, and quite frankly terrible, cartoon show that hasn't ever actually been in a proper Video Game to my knowledge?

Edited on by shinpichu

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

JC10101

I wonder if Ness is going to be revealed or be a secret character.

3DS: 4425 1513 9879
Wii U : JC10101
Part of team EXP gaming! I main Ness and Sheik~

Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

I hope we don't get robbed of R.O.B, he was swell in brawl.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Budda

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Untitled
Can anyone tell what's reflecting off of the morph ball?

It looks like Megaman's Stage.
But I really like to know what these neon effects in the background are. :3

luisesteban

That's not the Megaman's stage, Dr Willy's Castle has rounded eyes, and those are square, and you can't see the Dr W logo. I think is a new one.

luisesteban

Pootypie

Untitled
"King Dedede uses one of the strongest side smash attacks in all of Smash Bros. Use this attack wisely in battles."

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Budda

luisesteban wrote:

That's not the Megaman's stage, Dr Willy's Castle has rounded eyes, and those are square, and you can't see the Dr W logo. I think is a new one.

It's the platform of his stage mirrored in Samus' armor.

Edited on by Budda

MegaStoneSmash91

DestinyMan wrote:

Wario's going to look so goofy and awesome in this game thanks to the more colorful, cartoony style of the games. He will certainly have what Sakurai would call, "evocative facial expressions."

Yes indeed. I can't wait for his reveal, as he's one of my favorites from Brawl. Sakurai said he was looking for uniqueness with the character selection, and I'd say nobody does what Wario does.

Beep.
That is all.

Snagrio

@DestinyMan To be fair, the first few screenshots following a character reveal tend to not be terribly interesting.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic