Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 27,917

Snagrio

I'm thinking @zoroarkrules25's post is a joke copy pasted from somewhere else. At least I hope it is.

Besides, Sandbag? Really?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

zoroarkrules25

I was taking it somewhat seriously but it's from gamefaqs. Some of it isn't really unbelievable such as pm but i do hope it's true, i would laugh so much and sakurai would be the greatest person ever.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

Prof_Clayton

BandG wrote:

I guess we will find out on January 31st!

To me, this sounds like someone trying to pass themselves off as an important person. Many of the characters so far have been announced randomly even, going against everything in directs. But, we will honestly see on the 31st. If he somehow miracously nails that my guess would be he was told this by someone working on it (which is far fetched but still the most reasonable explanation if its true. Would explain the grammar and spelling).
Everything sounds almost (kinda sorta in a way please don't kill me) reasonable too... I could even (kinda sorta in a way please don't kill me) see sandbag working. In a way. So it'd be cool if true.

But so much for mentioning Falcon, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, etc. Really makes me doubt this even more. ._.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

LzWinky

King Dedede seems to be a lot more animated in this game. I like it!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jaguarfire

I am glad Dedede is back! Love his facial expressions

Jaguarfire

Wheeler

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

This rumor needs to be true, it would be hilarious and the greatest thing ever:

Yes, I am a new account. Big thing.

I work directly with Sakurai. He discuss with me characters designs, and I help him to clean up the roster. He initially wanted the game to have 60 characters, but I helped him to cut that to 49. Some of the characters we had to cut were Nintendog, that I explained him that would cause problems at the western. Well, let's see... Let's start, may we?

The Mario series is settled. Sakurai already started discussion rooms if we may or may not add other rep to the series, but only in a later game.

The Zelda series will get as a playable character Tingle. It will be revealed in next E3. He will have a moveset based on items used on the Wind Waker games, and on rupees.

The Pokémon series will get Mewtwo as a returning veteran, and will have Pokémon trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Charizard will be revealed within a random date, and Mewtwo will be revealed at the end of E3 smash trailer. Lucario is back.

The Starfox series won't change, even though Krystal will appear as an Assist Trophy.

Donkey Kong series will get a new rep, King K. Rool. Diddy Kong will be revealed in February 13th, following the release date pattern. K.Rool will be a secret character.

Ridley will appear as an Stage Hazard. Zero Suit Samus is back as never.

Kid Icarus got Palutena as an starting character and Hades as an secret character. Palutena will be revealed in a direct.

Chrom is now with Fire Emblem as an starting character, and Marth stays a secret one. Ike was cut. Chrom will be announced along at E3.

Talking with 3rd parties, as Nintendo hasn't got many support in 2014, the reps are going to be Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. Snake only stays for already having a moveset ready, that will be basically control C'ed from Brawl. He will be one of the two characters without a cartoonish look.

Meta Knight will be nerfed to stay at middle tier.

All Final Smashes but Samus's and Bowser's were changed.

Instead if Stickers now there are stamps. 200 stamps are within the game, from all represented series.

Lucas and Ness are back. Lucas will be revealed at April 20th, Mother 3's anniversary. Ness will be unlockable.

All retro characters are back too, and Takamaru joined the brawl. He has many shuriken based moves. Ice Climbers will be revealed at a random date, and all others will be secret.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the oddball character if this game. Sakurai added the Sandbag as an starting character. It is a very unique and interesting character. Sandbag will be the next newcomer, revealed January 31st, Brawls anniversary.

Ganondorf is still a clone. He will be secretl

Sheik is still a Zelda transformation. Sheik will be revealed on an June Nintendo Direct that hypes Zelda Wii U at E3.

Captain Falcon is back too, as Wario. Wario will be revealed March 21st, three days before Mario Kart 8 release. Cpt. Falcon will be secret.

Sakurai discussed with me the addition of a Primid character, but after some discussion, her left the idea.

Paper Mario will be a newcomer. He will represent his own series. He has a unique moveset, and was added because of his unique potential. He will be revealed in August, and will be the last revealed newcomer.

The game will come out in early September.

Little Mac will be a secret character.

Mii will be revealed at May, on a Nintendo Direct.

That makes 46 characters. The other 3 are kept in secret for everyone but Sakurai and his main designer. However the rumors I heard here is that they are Dillon, Isaac and another oddball character.

There will be several new modes and features.

More coming soon, if anything happens in the planning I may warn you.

And later...

Oops, forgot Olimar.

The cuts are: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike.

Any questions please PM me. I might not be able to post so much messages...

Some answers:

Tiers are not a secret world between yourselves. Sakurai has a team just to check what words people are using.

Sandbag was added because Sakurai.

He wanted initially Nintencat, than he changed it to Nintendog, then we scrapped him. Character we would use are Shulk and Lip. Sakurai is a very strange man. He insisted on adding Groose, but I decided Tingle would satisfy him and wouldn't put the Fanbase in fire. Seriously, they should hire someone else.

What a bunch of carp.

Wheeler

SheldonRandoms

Reggie is in Smash Bros!
Untitled

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

LzWinky

My response to the rumor:

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Watch it be true

SomeBitTripFan

Untitled
Can anyone tell what's reflecting off of the morph ball?

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

LzWinky

Probably one of Samus's bombs

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Here is a comparison between King Dedede's jet hammer in Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Untitled

he looks more cartoon-ish on wii u version

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

MegaStoneSmash91

After seeing that comparison, I don't think I can go back to looking at him in Brawl. His new more expressive and cartoony look is just fantastic.

The tech inside the hammer looks different as well, including the amount of energy it appears to have. Perhaps Dedede is taking a page from the book of Tim Taylor. More power!

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

adamkop

@SomeBitTripFan
I'm more interested in those neon lines running through the background. It kinda looks like Final Destination with some extra VFX, as the ground also resembles a patterned platform.

adamkop

Pootypie

Guitardude7 wrote:

Is it me, or am I the only one afraid of this game being too similar to Brawl? There's literally nothing different when it comes to veterans and the amount of newcomers is looking sparse. It's got me real worried.

you have no idea what's going on in their head

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic