Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 27,917

Hunter-D

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Ugh, I fear that some people will get all whiney and complain that there are "too many mario characters". Since some smash fans are drama queens these days.

Forget them. There's nothing to complain about at the moment, we've only got 21 characters confirmed so far but even so they're all interesting and different.

Also have they forgotten what Smash Bros is supposed to be? It's a celebration of Nintendo's greatest franchises and vast array of colourful characters. Besides, most of the newcomers will be announced in the run up to release in my opinion and that's when it'll get REALLY interesting.

Hunter-D

FishieFish

2Sang wrote:

the internet leak was right then

What leak?

"No one said you could touch."

FishieFish

Untitled

So Zelda's sexy dance taunt is confirmed?

"No one said you could touch."

MegaStoneSmash91

Saw the Dedede reveal coming from a mile away....which is a good thing indeed. He looks a tad different from his appearance in Brawl, almost like he's more jolly. Nevertheless, he looks great. Also, in that close-up of his face in the Galaxy stage, is he in his pink costume? Or is the lighting of the stage itself making me see things?

Now we just need Diddy Kong in Februrary and Yoshi in......whatever month Yoshi's New Island comes out. Other than that, no character predictions from me.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

DreamyViridi

DestinyMan wrote:

Anyone else think King Dedede looks like his Kirby Right Back At Ya appearance in these new games with the smaller pupils?

His 3DS model does seem close to his anime appearance. Maybe it's the facial expressions in general.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Prof_Clayton

I'm happy Dedede is back for those that enjoy him, but at the same time, its one less spot for someone new to take. While he is fun, I'd almost rather have seen someone new.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

King Dedede is my favorite Kirby character, so it's swell that he's returned to fight again with that big hammer.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Snagrio

Dedede is the ooooooonnnneeeee! Comin' at ya, yeah!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

2Sang

FishieFish wrote:

2Sang wrote:

the internet leak was right then

What leak?

On an anonymous image board. Someone said Dedede was going to be revealed this week. He also said Dixie Kong and Little Mac were done. It could just be someone who got lucky with guessing though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

GamecubeMan

OdnetninAges wrote:

Is it just me, or does King Dedede look a bit more cartoony than he did in Brawl based on those screenshots?

(I like it.)

All the characters look more cartoony than they did in Brawl. :3

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

Cool, Dedede looks awesome!

I'm actually not sure if these facial expressions will make much a difference when actually playing the game. Didn't Brawl have them? I think it's just more noticeable in a still picture.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

BandG

Prof_Clayton wrote:

I'm happy Dedede is back for those that enjoy him, but at the same time, its one less spot for someone new to take. While he is fun, I'd almost rather have seen someone new.

Dedede was obviously going to be in this game so i really don't think he is taking anyone's spot. Also there is no such thing as a veteran character taking a newcomers spot. Besides i wouldn't worry about spots, Sakurai will put in as many as he sees fit, I dont think he has a character limit planned out he just adds characters he thinks would be good.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

zoroarkrules25

This rumor needs to be true, it would be hilarious and the greatest thing ever:

Yes, I am a new account. Big thing.

I work directly with Sakurai. He discuss with me characters designs, and I help him to clean up the roster. He initially wanted the game to have 60 characters, but I helped him to cut that to 49. Some of the characters we had to cut were Nintendog, that I explained him that would cause problems at the western. Well, let's see... Let's start, may we?

The Mario series is settled. Sakurai already started discussion rooms if we may or may not add other rep to the series, but only in a later game.

The Zelda series will get as a playable character Tingle. It will be revealed in next E3. He will have a moveset based on items used on the Wind Waker games, and on rupees.

The Pokémon series will get Mewtwo as a returning veteran, and will have Pokémon trainer's Squirtle and Ivysaur cut. Charizard will be revealed within a random date, and Mewtwo will be revealed at the end of E3 smash trailer. Lucario is back.

The Starfox series won't change, even though Krystal will appear as an Assist Trophy.

Donkey Kong series will get a new rep, King K. Rool. Diddy Kong will be revealed in February 13th, following the release date pattern. K.Rool will be a secret character.

Ridley will appear as an Stage Hazard. Zero Suit Samus is back as never.

Kid Icarus got Palutena as an starting character and Hades as an secret character. Palutena will be revealed in a direct.

Chrom is now with Fire Emblem as an starting character, and Marth stays a secret one. Ike was cut. Chrom will be announced along at E3.

Talking with 3rd parties, as Nintendo hasn't got many support in 2014, the reps are going to be Sonic, Snake and Mega Man. Snake only stays for already having a moveset ready, that will be basically control C'ed from Brawl. He will be one of the two characters without a cartoonish look.

Meta Knight will be nerfed to stay at middle tier.

All Final Smashes but Samus's and Bowser's were changed.

Instead if Stickers now there are stamps. 200 stamps are within the game, from all represented series.

Lucas and Ness are back. Lucas will be revealed at April 20th, Mother 3's anniversary. Ness will be unlockable.

All retro characters are back too, and Takamaru joined the brawl. He has many shuriken based moves. Ice Climbers will be revealed at a random date, and all others will be secret.

Wii Fit Trainer isn't the oddball character if this game. Sakurai added the Sandbag as an starting character. It is a very unique and interesting character. Sandbag will be the next newcomer, revealed January 31st, Brawls anniversary.

Ganondorf is still a clone. He will be secretl

Sheik is still a Zelda transformation. Sheik will be revealed on an June Nintendo Direct that hypes Zelda Wii U at E3.

Captain Falcon is back too, as Wario. Wario will be revealed March 21st, three days before Mario Kart 8 release. Cpt. Falcon will be secret.

Sakurai discussed with me the addition of a Primid character, but after some discussion, her left the idea.

Paper Mario will be a newcomer. He will represent his own series. He has a unique moveset, and was added because of his unique potential. He will be revealed in August, and will be the last revealed newcomer.

The game will come out in early September.

Little Mac will be a secret character.

Mii will be revealed at May, on a Nintendo Direct.

That makes 46 characters. The other 3 are kept in secret for everyone but Sakurai and his main designer. However the rumors I heard here is that they are Dillon, Isaac and another oddball character.

There will be several new modes and features.

More coming soon, if anything happens in the planning I may warn you.

And later...

Oops, forgot Olimar.

The cuts are: Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ike.

Any questions please PM me. I might not be able to post so much messages...

Some answers:

Tiers are not a secret world between yourselves. Sakurai has a team just to check what words people are using.

Sandbag was added because Sakurai.

He wanted initially Nintencat, than he changed it to Nintendog, then we scrapped him. Character we would use are Shulk and Lip. Sakurai is a very strange man. He insisted on adding Groose, but I decided Tingle would satisfy him and wouldn't put the Fanbase in fire. Seriously, they should hire someone else.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

DreamyViridi

@zoroarkrules25 - All of that just sounds like stuff that fans want then anything else... so yeah, I don't buy it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

BandG

honestly seems pretty believable, and i would love all of this to be true... but he forgot to mention Yoshi... hmmmm... i guess we will find out on January 31st!

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

05HAW077

@Zoroark
Hahaha oh god that is hilarious. Tingle, Sandbag, and Paper Mario are complete BS. And seriously, no Shulk? And Tingle "wouldn't put the fanbase on fire"? Sakurai would never do something this dumb. Where did this rumor start from?

Edited on by 05HAW077

05HAW077

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic