Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 27,917

Pootypie

Please don't fight here. Let's keep this thread clean

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

OdnetninAges

My guess is a stage, since the break started with a pic. of Battlefield.

Maybe it's Final Destination? It's probably too early for Final Destination to be showed off, but you never know.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

shinpichu

Imagine if it was this:

"Pic of the Day: Here's Mewtwo - as a Pokeball Pokemon! We've heard a lot of complaints about clones in the roster, so we decided that Mewtwo and Snake will not be returning as playable characters."

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

DreamyViridi

shinpichu wrote:

Imagine if it was this:

"Pic of the Day: Here's Mewtwo - as a Pokeball Pokemon! We've heard a lot of complaints about clones in the roster, so we decided that Mewtwo and Snake will not be returning as playable characters."

I'm certain that some would 'boycott' the game or make pointless petitions or stuff like that. Snake getting cut for that reason wouldn't make any sense as his moveset is original but this is just a 'what if' scenario so I won't go on about it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shinpichu

DreamyViridi wrote:

shinpichu wrote:

Imagine if it was this:

I'm certain that some would 'boycott' the game or make pointless petitions or stuff like that. Snake getting cut for that reason wouldn't make any sense as his moveset is original but this is just a 'what if' scenario so I won't go on about it.

Well, he is a clone in the literal sense of the word. (spoilerz btw). I was poking fun at all the people complaining about "clones" and thinking about what if Sakurai took the word literally(given that he uses the phrase "model swaps.")

BRAND NEW Smash 4 Character poll for 2014! Vote Here:
kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=4xrbu3cl1mwy6oc281132

Fire Emblem Lord popularity poll! Vote here:

3DS Friend Code: 2251-3915-5139 | Nintendo Network ID: shinpichu

DreamyViridi

Oh, 'Model Swaps'. I get it, I stick by the opinion that there would be quite the uproar.
I'm not one for predictions but I can see tomorrow's Pic of the Day being just a simple 'welcome back' image, then something big for the following day.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

shinpichu wrote:

Imagine if it was this:

I will be so steamed if he actually ends up doing that (don't care about Snake though).

Besides that I imagine whatever pic of the day tomorrow will contain something new character or otherwise.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Nintendaholic

I am actually pretty sure he will announce magikarp as a new playable character.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Wheeler

Nintendaholic wrote:

I am actually pretty sure he will announce magikarp as a new playable character.

Untitled

Wheeler

OdnetninAges

Interesting.

I wonder if stickers will also return. They were only used for Adventure Mode in Brawl, but it was still nice to see characters that didn't become playable, have trophies, or be assist trophies make it into the game somehow.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

kkslider5552000

Well now people will get both solely to get the different trophies.

...that's supposed to be a joke but...um...

oh while we're talking about things returning from the previous game, please tell me we're getting the crazy roster of composers for the game again. Even if their actual contributions didn't (well that sounds mean, more like "would be impossible to") live up to the hype, I still loved seeing (hearing) so many people from so many series in one game. Even people who have NOTHING to do with Nintendo contributed to the game. Though I wonder if Shogo Sakai (Mother 3 composer) will make like 1/3 of the whole soundtrack again...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

I seriously don't get the gripe with the 3DS vs. Wii U version. I know people are saying that 3DS sales will probably eat up Wii U sales, but that's pretty farfetched.

I'm buying both. They're both worth it, IMO. There's no way you can say one is more valuable when they both have different aspects and content that warrants a purchase for both.

The 3DS one won't even have the Mario Galaxy or Other M stages. The only thing that's the same about these games is the gameplay mechanics. The graphic style and basically everything else is different.

Neither of them is better than the other, unless you specifically want portability, HD, 3D, etc. else that's specific to one version.

EDIT: I'm buying both for said different content and aspects of each console. 3D, hell ya. HD, hell ya. Surround sound, hell ya. Portability, hell ya. Does this make sense?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Zok_

Um, I'm only getting the HD Wii U version.

If I wanted to deal with crappy graphics like those on the 3DS, I would just go play Brawl.

Zok_

SCRAPPER392

Zok_ wrote:

If I wanted to deal with crappy graphics like those on the 3DS, I would just go play Brawl.

Why? There's more characters and other improvements that aren't in the Wii version. The graphics aren't even bad on a small screen, and I think it will be in 3D. If all you think about is graphics, you're missing out on a good game for 3DS.

I would pick the Wii U version as my preferred, hands down, but the 3DS version is still worthwhile. It's not nice to call stuff that people like, crappy.

What would you do if someone called your computer a pile of junk, and you like your computer?

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LyIa

Zok_ wrote:

Sigh. Not this again.

all men are kings 👑

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Both games will look better in person. The 3DS version might look grainy in certain pics, but in the end that game will look spectacular on 3DS. Similarly for those who hit on the Wii U version for not appearing to be a step-up from Brawl, that version will look spectacular on Wii U as well. Let's not underestimate Sakurai and his team here.

Quoted for truth

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Orngeblu

Yes! Pic of the day is back! c:

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

All the more reasons to buy both versions.

Wheeler

Blast

This game could become a huge system seller with Wii U if there's bundled versions with the game and the Wii U. The same should happen to Mario Kart 8.
I'm getting both versions but obviously... the Wii U version of Smash Bros. needs to sell pretty well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic