Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 27,917

JonnyKong

A taunt party sounds really.. odd. Hopefully we won't get many of those on the new game, they don't exactly sound like a blast to partake in.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Wheeler

I remember I used to have taunt matches, I always made them all gang up on me and I would easily destroy them. My highest score was 9 points with 0 deaths. Good thing I recorded it.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I remember I used to have taunt matches, I always made them all gang up on me and I would easily destroy them. My highest score was 9 points with 0 deaths. Good thing I recorded it.

Did you upload it to youtube? o.o I'd like to see that actually, not as proof, just interested.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Did you upload it to youtube? o.o I'd like to see that actually, not as proof, just interested.

It's in my SD card and Wii.

Wheeler

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: I don't remember, but can we send videos to each other?

Wheeler

Blast

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@JonnyKong Don't be terrified, out of all Smash players, I'd say maybe 5% or less are serious players. Be wary of taunt parties though. Anyone who refuses to join those messy matches is targeted, so stay away from those unless you're confident in your skills.

@Wonder_Mask Did... Did you really just say that you think out of all Smash players.... maybe 5% or less are SERIOUS PLAYERS??? Please tell me you are joking. Its wayyy higher than that!!! I'm thinking around 48%.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Orngeblu: I don't remember, but can we send videos to each other?

Well, I think I need your Wii Code to be able to do that, but I can't do that on the Wii U. :/

Isn't it nice we can still converse despite picture of the day taking a break?

Blast wrote:

@Wonder_Mask Did... Did you really just say that you think out of all Smash players.... maybe 5% or less are SERIOUS PLAYERS??? Please tell me you are joking. Its wayyy higher than that!!! I'm thinking around 48%.

Also, this.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

JonnyKong

I'm hoping to get matched up with the 52%.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Nintendaholic

get melee it will make you a better player for when the new one comes out. brawl is too slow

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Orngeblu

Nintendaholic wrote:

get melee it will make you a better player for when the new one comes out. brawl is too slow

Who needs Melee when you have Project: M? :I And it's free. (If you get Brawl. )

Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsfdhfPggkE

Man, I'd love to go to a tournament and show them what I can do. I've never been to an offline tournament, and online, I hardly do any. I'm just afraid to, there will be a lot of people there. ._.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

Orngeblu wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Who needs Melee when you have Project: M? :I And it's free. (If you get Brawl. )

Man, I'd love to go to a tournament, I never have. I'm just afraid to, there will be a lot of people there. ._. I think.

I'm definitely going to a tournament when the new Smash Bros. comes out. I also want to go to EVO.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Nintendaholic wrote:

Man, I'd love to go to a tournament, I never have. I'm just afraid to, there will be a lot of people there. ._. I think.

I'm definitely going to a tournament when the new Smash Bros. comes out. I also want to go to EVO.

I had an opportunity to go to a tournament once, here, I think my mom found it in the news paper. Back then I was playing Brawl, and I mained Meta Knight, LOL. I wasn't as good as I was back then, but I turned it down because I was too shy. I still am shy...

It would be cool to show my state what I can do.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Wheeler

@Orngeblu: You're pretty good, dude. You better go to a tournament. It'd be awesome if we face each other.

Wheeler

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Orngeblu: You're pretty good, dude. You better go to a tournament. It'd be awesome if we face each other.

I also have another problem. I've played with Wii Classic Controller Pro ever since my GameCube Controller stopped working on me. I don't want to bring a WCCP to a tournament. I would have to take the batteries out to force disconnects, also. ._. I should probably get over that too, haha.

Not to mention my parents would have to take me there, watch me, and wait out the whole tournament. I'm not sure either of them would find the tournament goers very pleasant, but I don't know.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendaholic

Orngeblu wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I also have another problem. I've played with Wii Classic Controller Pro ever since my GameCube Controller stopped working on me. I don't want to bring a WCCP to a tournament. I would have to take the batteries out to force disconnects, also. ._. I should probably get over that too, haha.

Are you 10? but yeah i suppose if you cant get melee project m is the next best thing.

Not to mention my parents would have to take me there, watch me, and wait out the whole tournament. I'm not sure either of them would find the tournament goers very pleasant, but I don't know.

3ds fc:5112-3427-3255
wii u id: nintendaholic

Orngeblu

@Nintendaholic: No, I'm not 10, but I haven't been to a public Smash tournament before, so it's pretty intimidating to me, because I won't know anyone there. I also know someone online who kind of has the same problem. He and a friend are trying to find a tournament they can both enter. But, all this tournament talk is really getting my warmed up to the idea. I think I'll give it a try, with my WCCP.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

MegaStoneSmash91

Oh man, I'm pretty lost right now since you guys are talking about technique and tournaments and stuff. I can't really contribute anything to them since I'm not a competitive player. I also realized that I don't "main" any characters. I play pretty much every character, so I suppose I'm a "jack of all trades" kind of player. I do enjoy playing as certain characters, but I don't think about strategy or anything for them. I find it difficult to insert myself into a particular group of players, since I feel niether casual nor hardcore. Playing because I enjoy the game, the fan service, the source material, the controls, and just the random chaotic nature of the series sound more my speed. Though I am pretty serious when it comes to playing Smash Bros, I've never considered entering a tournament or playing competitively. It just.....doesn't feel right to me.

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just rambling on?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Shirma_Akayaku

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Oh man, I'm pretty lost right now since you guys are talking about technique and tournaments and stuff. I can't really contribute anything to them since I'm not a competitive player. I also realized that I don't "main" any characters. I play pretty much every character, so I suppose I'm a "jack of all trades" kind of player. I do enjoy playing as certain characters, but I don't think about strategy or anything for them. I find it difficult to insert myself into a particular group of players, since I feel niether casual nor hardcore. Playing because I enjoy the game, the fan service, the source material, the controls, and just the random chaotic nature of the series sound more my speed. Though I am pretty serious when it comes to playing Smash Bros, I've never considered entering a tournament or playing competitively. It just.....doesn't feel right to me.

Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just rambling on?

I feel the same way. I couldn't put it better myself.
I love variety, so the new SSB looks like it will have a lot of that.
But besides characters, I actually prefer some stages with a certain gimmick or an extreme, and I'm hoping that there will be well made stages with that.
So far, from what I've seen, some of the stages in SSB4 look really great (terrain-wise). Many ups and downs. Much better than Brawl and Melee. I hope they bring back Peach's Castle or Fountain of Dreams!

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic