Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 27,917

Wheeler

Blast wrote:

As long as the Wii U version comes out weeks before the 3DS version.... I'll be happy. I actually plan on getting both versions but even I know the Wii U needs to reap the benefits from this game more than the 3DS. Nintendo could really market this game easily when it gets time to show this game on tv.

I want the most awesome hardcore commercial for Smash Bros.

Wheeler

Blast

@ShadowFox254 I know right???? Commercials for this game should be pretty dang easy and incredible.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Pootypie

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Maybe they're gonna customize moves...imagine being able to choose between the Mario Tornado or FLUDD, or Flying Slam or Koopa Klaw, and so on and so forth. That'd be cool-ish

Not gonna happen, and besides, the competitive community would flip out, a bunch of 'em still can't deal with the fact that brawl's physics are different from melee so imagine how that would go over.

They can make moves points. Like let's say there is an OP move that is 10 points and a weak move that is 1 point, and the max points you can have is 50. You have to be decisive here.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Happy_Mask

@TGG That wouldn't work, it'd drastically decrease the variety in movesets.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Pootypie

Wonder_Mask wrote:

@TGG That wouldn't work, it'd drastically decrease the variety in movesets.

LOL!!! You mentioned a guy that is banned. That was funny. Ok, now back to topic... They can make variety of power in movesets? Like tiers moves. OP moves considered as tier 3 and you can have two of them or so. How about that?

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Blast wrote:

As long as the Wii U version comes out weeks before the 3DS version.... I'll be happy. I actually plan on getting both versions but even I know the Wii U needs to reap the benefits from this game more than the 3DS. Nintendo could really market this game easily when it gets time to show this game on tv.

I want the most awesome hardcore commercial for Smash Bros.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXgpGBbh5r8

:')

But in all seriousness, this isn't Melee, so no way that could work as a Smash 4 commercial. ;_; It would be really funny though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Happy_Mask

@Orngeblu The format for YouTube is this
[youtube:)
Change the parentheses to brackets, and after the colon, put everything after the equals sign from the url.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

LyIa

Orngeblu wrote:

Oh, I forgot one more technique. It's great for when you need to land on the stage again, safely. Pull out a bomb, while you're in the air you can do an air dodge, and at the same time, drop the bomb by pressing Dodge and Z at the same time.

Read about that on Smash Boards. It's called an Invincibomb (iBomb for short). I also read something about a 100% working spike: "Pull out a bomb, Run towards your opponent, Jump, Z-drop the bomb in front of your opponent during your jump, then dAir."

all men are kings 👑

Bigglestheman

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Maybe they're gonna customize moves...imagine being able to choose between the Mario Tornado or FLUDD, or Flying Slam or Koopa Klaw, and so on and so forth. That'd be cool-ish

Not gonna happen, and besides, the competitive community would flip out, a bunch of 'em still can't deal with the fact that brawl's physics are different from melee so imagine how that would go over.
@DestinyMan I also remember what Sakurai said about costumes, but then WiiFit Trainer became a male. I think costumes for others aren't too far fetched.

It's not just the physics of Brawl there's more to it than that.

Edited on by Bigglestheman

Bigglestheman

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8518-8346

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Happy new year! I hope it's simply smashing.

Happy New Year to you too!

Pootypie

Orngeblu

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

Oh, I forgot one more technique. It's great for when you need to land on the stage again, safely. Pull out a bomb, while you're in the air you can do an air dodge, and at the same time, drop the bomb by pressing Dodge and Z at the same time.

Read about that on Smash Boards. It's called an Invincibomb (iBomb for short). I also read something about a 100% working spike: "Pull out a bomb, Run towards your opponent, Jump, Z-drop the bomb in front of your opponent during your jump, then dAir."

I think I've actually pulled that off ONCE, after I saw another Toon Link main do it. ._. I was playing against someone who always wrecks me, and I just threw the bomb at him, hurting both me and him(?) and did a Dair. I ended up winning the match. Then he went back to wrecking me. x.x This only happened once though, and it's really dangerous to pull off. Not to mention, my opponent said it's possible to DI it, but they would have to know it's coming for them to do that.

And, yeah, Happy New Year guys!

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Actually, it's really different from the removal of gameplay mechanics and the toning down of the physics. If anything, I don't think the reaction would be that bad.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

JonnyKong

Hi guys,

I've been kinda scared to join in with this thread because a) it looks very busy and b) well, this is the embarrassing part, I've never actually played a Smash Bros game before. I know, I'm a rubbish Nintendo fanboy. It's only because I'm not a huge fan of beat em ups so I just always avoided them.

Anyway I want to change, I really want to get into the Wii U version this year and see what I'm missing out on.

Do these games normally have a good training/introductory mode for newbies like myself? I'm pretty terrified of how much I'm going to get butt whipped when I play it online.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Blast

JonnyKong wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been kinda scared to join in with this thread because a) it looks very busy and b) well, this is the embarrassing part, I've never actually played a Smash Bros game before. I know, I'm a rubbish Nintendo fanboy. It's only because I'm not a huge fan of beat em ups so I just always avoided them.

Anyway I want to change, I really want to get into the Wii U version this year and see what I'm missing out on.

Do these games normally have a good training/introductory mode for newbies like myself? I'm pretty terrified of how much I'm going to get butt whipped when I play it online.

@JonnyKong Man, its totally fine. This is what I suggest...when you get the game... create a match with just you and CPU(s). Put their difficulty for something you you can handle and choose a character you are interested in. Try your hand with that character and see which seems easiest to control for you. Do this process with all the characters. After you found a character you really like and are good with... start putting the CPU on the hardest difficulty and see how you do. You gotta push yourself to get stronger in Super Smash Bros.

Master of the Hype Train

JonnyKong

Sounds like a plan

I assume the game has a one player mode? Progress through stages etc. I was just going to play that before daring to try the online mode.

Orngeblu

JonnyKong wrote:

Hi guys,

You have made a terrible mistake. ;_; I feel sorry for you, for not being able to experience the previous games. (Actually, I haven't played Smash 64 until I played Smash 64 netplay with a friend) But in all seriousness, it's fine man, though you have missed a LOT.

Uuh, terrified, though? Try not to be, it's all fun and games, but if you want to improve, you'll have to develop your own play style for the most part, and choose a character you want to "main", and by main I mean, the character you want to learn/play the most. The controls are really simplistic, though. Press A for, well, A attacks. You can do Aerial, dash, smash, or "tilt" attacks via the A button. Special attacks with the B. It's not as hard as it may sound reading it.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

JonnyKong

Is Brawl the one that came out for the Wii? (a quick search tells me yes). I tend to forget the WiiU is backwards compatible so I have no excuse really to not pick it up some time. Anywho, I'm excited to pick a favourite character and try my best to memorise their move set. I'm sure when I play online I'll be able to occasionally beat at least one person, that would make me happy with my achievements.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Blast

@JonnyKong All it takes is practice and information about other characters. KNOW YOUR ENEMY. There's gonna be guys who fully dedicate themselves to this game when it comes out. There's gonna be guys looking for full out war online. There's gonna be guys doing nearly everything to win a match. That's what makes playing Super Smash Bros. online addicting. You're fighting against strangers and... you wanna win.

Master of the Hype Train

Happy_Mask

@JonnyKong Don't be terrified, out of all Smash players, I'd say maybe 5% or less are serious players. Be wary of taunt parties though. Anyone who refuses to join those messy matches is targeted, so stay away from those unless you're confident in your skills.

JonnyKong

Sorry for the noobness,

taunt party?

Orngeblu

JonnyKong wrote:

Sorry for the noobness,

taunt party?

Go on Brawl Wi-Fi, choose Basic Brawl, find a match. No one is fighting, just sitting around, taunting, interacting with each other, not fighting. That's a taunt party, and you'll likely get ganged up on by 2 or more players, if you provoke them.

Brawl is infested with those...

You could go Team Battle, though, I have never found any there. If any, it's rare. I wish Team Battle had Team Attack on though, but then again, I could get trolled by my team mate. ;-;

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic