Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 27,917

LyIa

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Guys, the boxing ring stage is actually a Punch-Out stage. Check out the comparisons. I got them off another site, but still check 'em out.

The ropes
http://i.imgur.com/UV4O3mB.png

The green lights...
http://i.imgur.com/hvnTGDl.png
http://i.imgur.com/Odu2I7I.jpg

Three stars on the logos...
http://i.imgur.com/QSCAXpe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oWzpteX.jpg

Obviously a Punch-Out stage y'all.

PURE COINCIDENCE.

I refuse to get my hopes up so as not to get disappointed by the exclusion of Little Mac.

all men are kings 👑

Randomname19

K964 wrote:

I still think that it's the unfinished version of Final Destination. The main platform is too big. Also, the layout of the boxing ring stage doesn't match Final Destination as it doesn't have a bottomless pit to knock people into.

Master Hand can knock people far away so the fighters might be defeated by throwing them to one of the sides of the screen

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

OdnetninAges

Let's be real here; Final Destination has always set traveling in a limbo area, out into the "real world" (as a trophy in Melee called it), and then back into the limbo. It was bizarre, and made no sense, like Master Hand himself. Now, the "Final Destination" that @K964 claims was in the Developer Direct (which I thought at first, too) has the exact same background and terrain as Battlefield, but a slightly larger platform. That ain't Final Destination. Even if it is Final Destination, it's definitely not the final version, and is very, very much subject to change. Now, the Boxing Arena is no Final Destination. It's... Well, a boxing arena. Why would you fight Master Hand there? That's like ending a Mario game with a boss fight with Bowser on Bob-Omb Battlefield. The boxing arena is clearly a Punch-Out stage, or at least a new original stage that has a lot of references to Punch-Out. Also, if it is a Punch-Out stage, that doesn't mean that Little Mac is going to be playable. It does make it likely, though.

The real Final Destination hasn't been revealed yet.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

JoyBoy

Rosalina wrote:

I hope they work a bit more on the character models. Rosalina's dress could look a lot smoother around the bottom (and her ears too). Plus, in some pics of Zelda, her arm goes through the shoulder pads (mesh going through mesh). IMO, Mario Kart 8's character models look much better than SSB4. IDK if that's a good/bad comparison but whatever.

Well, the characters from MK 8 don't have to move like smash characters do, so it's obvious that they would be able to look better. And no, I don't think it would look that much better than this in the final stage of development. I just hope most of the time spent, will be spent on the balance of the characters, the gameplay, so I can enjoy this game for years to come.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Budda

Spanjard wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

I hope they work a bit more on the character models. Rosalina's dress could look a lot smoother around the bottom (and her ears too). Plus, in some pics of Zelda, her arm goes through the shoulder pads (mesh going through mesh). IMO, Mario Kart 8's character models look much better than SSB4. IDK if that's a good/bad comparison but whatever.

Well, the characters from MK 8 don't have to move like smash characters do, so it's obvious that they would be able to look better. And no, I don't think it would look that much better than this in the final stage of development. I just hope most of the time spent, will be spent on the balance of the characters, the gameplay, so I can enjoy this game for years to come.

Well, I didn't say much better, but issues like Zelda's shoulder armor going through her arms get fixed in the final phase.
Considering general graphics - Just compare some of the early pic of the day, with today's. You notice a difference.. and it's still getting better.
I was going to post the part with the moving character as well.. But I think it's not that what causes issues.
Just don't compare those to games. I bet they are using different engines to begin with..

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Snagrio

I hope Sakurai is being truthful and really is taking a break instead of working harder. The guy needs to catch his breath. :/

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MegaStoneSmash91

Sakurai deserves a break, and I sure hope he actually is taking a break himself and not just giving the Pic of the Day a break while he works. We can only wonder what interesting new pics we'll get after the break. I'm betting on King Dedede's reveal for Kirby: Triple Deluxe's release in Japan, along with some pics involving Zelda since she was just announced.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

JoyBoy

^ He doesn't deserve a break, he needs to WORK WORK WORK!!!

haha, I did find it funny that when they announced he suffered from an injury, people were like : "OH SHEIT, is the game going to be ok?"

SW-7849-9887-2074

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

@Spanjard: Many people just don't seem to think much of Sakurai, sadly. From reading the comments of the Pic of the Day on Miiverse, there's also people constantly requesting unrealistic characters or complaining at him. People who genuinely thank him and give support are sometimes overshadowed. As Sakurai said once, you can't take anything for granted because, "Projects take a while, and you run into difficult and painful times." He's also "almost to the brink of death" when it comes to the amount of stress he feels. Imagine leading the development of not one, but two huge games like Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and being personally responsible for the move-sets of every single character to make them fit into the games while being harped on by greedy, impatient fans while also recovering from an injured arm.

I just really hate it when people don't care about developers. It's really bad. I'm with your statement.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

TheLilK98

TheGreatGamer wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

@Spanjard: Many people just don't seem to think much of Sakurai, sadly. From reading the comments of the Pic of the Day on Miiverse, there's also people constantly requesting unrealistic characters or complaining at him. People who genuinely thank him and give support are sometimes overshadowed. As Sakurai said once, you can't take anything for granted because, "Projects take a while, and you run into difficult and painful times." He's also "almost to the brink of death" when it comes to the amount of stress he feels. Imagine leading the development of not one, but two huge games like Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U and being personally responsible for the move-sets of every single character to make them fit into the games while being harped on by greedy, impatient fans while also recovering from an injured arm.

I just really hate it when people don't care about developers. It's really bad. I'm with your statement.

It's pretty much just biting the hand that feeds you.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

Pootypie

nintendofun wrote:

why is this such a popular wii game? i never really got into this series much. i found the tekken series to be much more fun to be honest. i do love the music used in smash bros.

You have got to be kidding me

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

JoyBoy

nintendofun wrote:

why is this such a popular wii game? i never really got into this series much. i found the tekken series to be much more fun to be honest. i do love the music used in smash bros.

For me it is the complete opposite, Tekken and dead or alive series are so heavy and slow, not to mention I hate doing combos like X-Y-B SUPER COMBO PUNCH!!! Instead, I like smash, which is light, quick and invites you to really develop your own play style. Also, what more reason do you need if you can punch Mario in the face

SW-7849-9887-2074

LyIa

nintendofun wrote:

Am I a bad person for laughing at this?

all men are kings 👑

Dark-Luigi

nintendofun wrote:

Wow, I just... I don't even know where to start.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Captain_Toad

nintendofun wrote:

Heh, because all of the beloved characters gets in a easy to play difficult to master fighting game that has a lot and I mean a LOT of content. Heh heh. everyone is entiled to their opinion

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

GamecubeMan

Come on guys @Nintendofun asked a simple question. Does he/she really deserved to be criticized so much for doing so? At any rate Smash Bros. is extremely popular for several reasons. One would be that the controls are extremely simple and easy to master. There really is not any button combos to memorize. That being said the controls get complicated once you get a feel for the specific moves your character has. On top of that (for the most part) each character has a unique move set and picking a favorite is easy. Next is the music. Each Smash Bros. is packed with memorable music from dozens of Nintendo franchies. The tracks sould not even be called "remixes" but rather renditions. Also is really easy to find tracks that you would have never discovered if you had not played Smash. The last point I am going to hit on is the fighting system. Instead of getting a life gauge, you have a "hit percentage". As long as you stay within the stage limits, you can continue fighting. As you fight the more hits you take, the higher the precent goes up. Theoretically speaking, you can unlikely stay on the stage with 999% damage. However, you start running into "issues" after you get around 100%. So yeah thats only some of the reasons I think Smash Bros. is amazing. You should try it out @Nintendofun.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

nintendofun wrote:

Wow, I just... I don't even know where to start.

That's why I didn't bother to reply hours ago

Not worth losing our breath lol

Pootypie

LyIa

Untitled
Let's hope it won't be as broken as this is. :3

all men are kings 👑

Orngeblu

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

Untitled
Let's hope it won't be as broken as this is. :3

Oh man, that... I had one of those done on me around the first time I joined the Smash Boards Arena. ._.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic